Mariah Carey's "The Rarities" compilation album has arrived, dahling

So I love Queen Mariah and she is always blessing the lambily BUT I am not expecting a lot from this project. I think its cool to get an album full of stuff that was letting on the cutting floor. 

That said, Save The Day is ok and I kind of thought we were gonna get some original vocals from Lauryn Hill but its a recycled version of It's Britney, ***** :makeup: I'll keep a lookout for the next track :cheese:

• Like 1

Big MC fan here and very excited for 'The Rarities' album... however, I was very disappointed by 'Save the day'.

It's not a bad song, but sounds very dated, the production is not that good, the lyrics are cheesy and I think she should stop working with Dupri on singles. Also, I was expecting a real collaboration with Lauryn Hill and not just a sample... anyway, waiting for new gems to be released from the vault.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, corpsetranger said:

It's a rarities / B-Sides / Unreleased tracks album, it's a gift for the fans, it's not supposed to sound fresh. :ohwut:

I understand, my darling. But the song 'Save the day' was written on 2012 by MC and Dupri and she decided to record and release the song now due to it's content being somehow related to the times we are going through. It wouldn't hurt if it had new vocals from Lauryn or at least a more polished production. The song was written, but not recorded years ago -- it was recorded in 2020. As I said, I also felt marketing it as a duet was misleading. Still a big lamb, regardless.

On 8/22/2020 at 8:25 PM, glorified.ho said:

I understand, my darling. But the song 'Save the day' was written on 2012 by MC and Dupri and she decided to record and release the song now due to it's content being somehow related to the times we are going through. It wouldn't hurt if it had new vocals from Lauryn or at least a more polished production. The song was written, but not recorded years ago -- it was recorded in 2020. As I said, I also felt marketing it as a duet was misleading. Still a big lamb, regardless.

Maybe they did it on purpose, to fit in with the rest of the songs. :ohwut: 

We're being high key spoiled this year and this cute little bop is just another treat. Take it or leave it, but there's no need to be this harsh. Just pass on this one, there's more to come. We should be thankful, tbh :shaking: How many divas have you seen putting so much effort into an anniversary campaign ?  :shaking: She is everything, I swear :shaking::shaking::shaking:

• Love 1
11 hours ago, corpsetranger said:

Maybe they did it on purpose, to fit in with the rest of the songs. :ohwut: 

We're being high key spoiled this year and this cute little bop is just another treat. Take it or leave it, but there's no need to be this harsh. Just pass on this one, there's more to come. We should be thankful, tbh :shaking: How many divas have you seen putting so much effort into an anniversary campaign ?  :shaking: She is everything, I swear :shaking::shaking::shaking:

Sorry for being harsh. I'm very thankful to be a Mariah Carey fan. I'm loving the direction her career took after Roc Nation came into the picture. It makes me feel like there's still so much more to come. She's ripping all the fruits of her labor and gifting us more and more everyday.

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Leader

The tracklist is out! Fans found it on a new t-shirt available in her merch store :mj:

1. Here We Go Around Again
2. Can You Hear Me
3. Do You Think of Me?
4. Everything Fades Away
5. All I Live For
6. One Night
7. Slipping Away
8. Out Here on My Own
9. Loverboy (Firecracker Original Version)
10. I Pray
11. Cool on You
12. Mesmerized
13. Lullaby of Birdland
14. Save the Day
15. Close My Eyes

5285CM.AL02V2-Tee_1800x1800.png?v=159963

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block