Britney’s albums after Blackout have all been lackluster (opinion)

5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

She was the executive producer of blackout

Which means nothing

Read that interview from Blackout's 10th anniversary. The true producers of the songs were the ones that did all the job, she just came to the studio and recorded what she liked. There was barely any involvement from her, at least not more than any other of her albums, because that's exactly what she said she did with FF too.

Maybe she had more involvement with the first songs that were recorded, the ones that didn't make the album

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Which means nothing

Read that interview from Blackout's 10th anniversary. The true producers of the songs were the ones that did all the job, she just came to the studio and recorded what she liked. There was barely any involvement from her, at least not more than any other of her albums, because that's exactly what she said she did with FF too.

Maybe she had more involvement with the first songs that were recorded, the ones that didn't make the album

Well, what’s the job of an executive producer in a album?
The executive producer completes the necessary steps to execute production. This usually means that they provide money, resources, access and leadership for the artists. Thus, if Britney was putting money into her project, it’s also her job to see what tracks MAKE the album and even if they aren’t involved in the composition of a song, they do check which track makes the album or not. If she liked the song from the demo he heard, she takes the song and masters it and then puts it in the album

3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well, what’s the job of an executive producer in a album?
The executive producer completes the necessary steps to execute production. This usually means that they provide money, resources, access and leadership for the artists. Thus, if Britney was putting money into her project, it’s also her job to see what tracks MAKE the album and even if they aren’t involved in the composition of a song, they do check which track makes the album or not. If she liked the song from the demo he heard, she takes the song and masters it and then puts it in the album

Which again, it's exactly what she's specifically said she does on every other album, at least post-Blackout. She said several times during  FF era and BJ interviews that she's the one who decides which songs make the cut or not, not to mention, that she only records the songs that she likes to begin with. She's never really been involved with the production of the songs themselves. Throwing money at something to make it happen, isn't necessarily an involvement, at least not artistically. And I'm not saying it's bad, I just say that because there's that credit on Blackout, people believe it was something special, despite all the collaborators of the actual songs confirming it was basically the same process and her same involvement as she's had in other albums. She even mentioned in one interview in 2013 that will.i.am "co-produced" the album, like implying it was produced by the two of them.

Probably only Glory was the one that had the "most" involvement. Which is ok, because her job is not to produce or write lyrics, but to sing.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Which again, it's exactly what she's specifically said she does on every other album, at least post-Blackout. She said several times during  FF era and BJ interviews that she's the one who decides which songs make the cut or not, not to mention, that she only records the songs that she likes to begin with. She's never really been involved with the production of the songs themselves. Throwing money at something to make it happen, isn't necessarily an involvement, at least not artistically. And I'm not saying it's bad, I just say that because there's that credit on Blackout, people believe it was something special, despite all the collaborators of the actual songs confirming it was basically the same process and her same involvement as she's had in other albums. She even mentioned in one interview in 2013 that will.i.am "co-produced" the album, like implying it was produced by the two of them.

Probably only Glory was the one that had the "most" involvement. Which is ok, because her job is not to produce or write lyrics, but to sing.

Let’s not talk about BJ for starters and the controversies surrounding it for starters.

Britneys job as an executive producer was to bring a team that could make a memorable album. Thus, she had chosen Danja, Keri Hilton and rest of the team. If you don’t have a strong and good team, how hard to make a decent album? So that’s also part of the executive producers job. 
Yeah I also feel in the zone where she was the most involved artistically and glory runs at third in my opinion 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Let’s not talk about BJ for starters and the controversies surrounding it for starters.

Britneys job as an executive producer was to bring a team that could make a memorable album. Thus, she had chosen Danja, Keri Hilton and rest of the team. If you don’t have a strong and good team, how hard to make a decent album? So that’s also part of the executive producers job. 
Yeah I also feel in the zone where she was the most involved artistically and glory runs at third in my opinion 

The Holy Trinity :letitburn:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

But again, that doesn't show any involvement, or MORE involvement than other albums. It's exactly what will.i.am did for her after their talks, or what Karen Kwak did on Glory, after their talks, bring Britney the songs or the songwriters that fit whatever she's trying to record. She wasn't there telling Danja the sound that she wanted, Keri Hilson said they would just create a demo at the studio, lay it there so when Britney arrived, she would just record it and leave, including when she didn't want to record BTI's background vocals because they sounded like her anyways. They said that even if she didn't like a song, she would still record it, but it was noticeable how she felt about it. So yeah, someone had to put the album together and if she wasn't in good terms with her team, probably that's why she got the "executive producer" title. But the actual process of creating the songs, and her involvement wasn't any more special than other albums where she's said to do exactly the same, only that in recent albums there's an intermediary person that's bringing her the songs or the songwriters/producers.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

But again, that doesn't show any involvement, or MORE involvement than other albums. It's exactly what will.i.am did for her after their talks, or what Karen Kwak did on Glory, after their talks, bring Britney the songs or the songwriters that fit whatever she's trying to record. She wasn't there telling Danja the sound that she wanted, Keri Hilson said they would just create a demo at the studio, lay it there so when Britney arrived, she would just record it and leave, including when she didn't want to record BTI's background vocals because they sounded like her anyways. They said that even if she didn't like a song, she would still record it, but it was noticeable how she felt about it. So yeah, someone had to put the album together and if she wasn't in good terms with her team, probably that's why she got the "executive producer" title. But the actual process of creating the songs, and her involvement wasn't any more special than other albums where she's said to do exactly the same, only that in recent albums there's an intermediary person that's bringing her the songs or the songwriters/producers.

In the end, when it comes to the records Britney was the most involved in, its definitely ITZ, Britney, and Glory

• Super Mods
8 hours ago, johnnyswanda said:

Yeah, the same. I prefer the “New Britney” music and Gimme more made me a fan fan, but I can see where he is coming from. During quarantine i listened to the whole Britney catalogue with her real voice and completely understand what he means by the “touch” reference. Even though there are times in the New songs where you are like “Oh there she is “ it is Just not there. And I m not talking about performing, Just the Music itself. 

LOVE Glory though! So much! Its after Blackout if not alongside with it. Feel like people dont understand the project. Its the closest with the “Britney touch” that we Have had in Years. There are lot of leaked stems out there and once you hear them you cant unhear them. 

And about the sound of Glory - we know that Brit is not Trendsetter anymore but she made a very fresh and for me so far timeless album with Glory - I listen to it to this day. I Have days When I Enjoy Just luv me, invitation, slumber party, mood ring, make me kind Of chill sound.

Then Im like Clumsy, Hard to forget ya, so you wanna Come over “partying” in my car :D 

And I also appreciate what she did with Private show, What you need and I love both of the songs (minus the voice and not the real instruments - would be much better and artsy fartsy).

And let’s not forget about Man on the moon, Change your mind (no seas Cortes), better and coupure electrique which are on of the best Britney post blackout songs!! 

This is how I feel about Glory. It definitely has that Britney touch. It’s the first time in a long time that really sounds like a Britney album. Like a mature version of ITZ. 

• Love 4

I agree with you completely except Glory.

My problem with albums post Circus is the lack of personality.  Even though Blackout is very much a producer's album it still had shine of Britney's attitude and involvement.  Circus is half good half soulless but she still seemed like a part of the process.  In the For The Record doc, her talking about coming up with the concept for the Womanizer video and all...she still seemed interested and a part of it.

Once Femme Fatale hit, every interview and her performances look like she was made to do this.  FF & BJ lacked her actual voice and interest.  Glory is the first time in so long you can hear Britney's actual voice and her having fun with it all.  It might not be everyone's favorite but just hearing her sound so alive again made me happy and is why I love it.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

I agree with all the albums except Glory cause it sounded/still sounds fresh and has a variety of genres, so you'll never get bored.

But yeah Circus and Femme Fatale for sure are lackluster cause they sound soulless and like she was forced to be trendy.

Britney Jean had potential but the whole Maya Marie situation killed it.

I'm just saying  :donewithit:

• Love 1

Circus- underrated and full of Britney gems and pure pop Britney. would’ve been better if they replaced Mmm papi, & rock me in with Amnesia & Trouble. (i would say My Baby but its personal to her so thats what matters the most). so many good songs on this album and is so overlooked.

FF- a cohesive album full of bangers, and had the best singles/MV with concepts imo. also, had Dont Keep Me Waiting-rockney which is something we need more of. He About To Lose Me- serve. Criminal-obvi. my faves: up n down, ddb (besides sabi), inside out. Femme Fatale brings me such nostolgia because I was 8 years old and thats when I first got into Brit like full on stan- to me a start to finish flawless album (if we forget big fat flop).

BJ- skip. 

Glory- to me, grew over time. I never used to listen to it up until like 2018. Has some skips, but a new sound for britney so it was nice to see her experiment and you know she loved the album wholeheartedly. Standouts to me would be: mood ring obvi💅🏼, if im dancing, better, man on the moon, make me, coupure electrique. still to me, low on my rankings of her album BUT deserved better.

I somewhat agree. The first 5 albums were amazing. You can really see her growth from 1 to 4. 

Circus... they were focused more on winning Britney fans back and cleaning up her reputation. I think it did just that. It has many gems on the album and it’s still an album I enjoy. Could have done without Radar though. Hmph.

Femme Fatale... is not my favorite. Her voice is too robotic and absent. They could have done without that Will I Am Bass song where her voice sounds incredibly bored. Also, steaming like a pot full of vegetables? WHO wrote that line and why? Tracks that make the album worth listening to: Inside Out, He About To Lose Me, Till The World Ends

Britney Jean- Work *****, Perfume, and Alien should have been placed on a Piece of Me EP to commemorate the start of her Vegas show. Every other track can be buried deep DEEP within the ground. Chillin With You is embarassing to her discography. Also what’s with crediting Britney as a cowriter on each track just to further push the idea that the album was ‘personal’? I don’t like fakeney.

Glory... a RETURN TO FORM! I love it. She was experimental and she is more present with her vocals here since Circus. Could have done without Chipmunkney in Private Show and What U Need but hey, Private Show is still a bop I can pretend to be a ******** to. Glory had so many single worthy tunes and its a shame more songs weren’t given the music video treatment!!!