Britney’s albums after Blackout have all been lackluster (opinion)

3 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

But really. Circus was a damn gift. Full promotion, full badass tour, and a great album right after some of the most difficult moments of Brit's life :bop:

Excellently put!!! Despite any opinions of the album songs, it was an amazing era for fans. In retrospect I’m a little shocked just how quickly and intensely she was thrusted back into her old touring lifestyle

• Love 2

I agree to an extent. I enjoy listening to CircusFemme Fatale and Glory, they're good albums (and Glory is definitely the album I've liked the most since Blackout). But those first five albums were lightning in a bottle, and everything she's done since the conservatorship has seemed to lack some of that magic. I really hope she gets it back :crying1:

• Love 5

Because she’s not into it anymore. I can’t blame her. Why put your all into an album and a concert when the money it makes isn’t going to you,  but instead going to your team and you get an “allowance”. Plus, blackout was her masterpiece. She’ll never top it, but Glory was the closest she’s come to it since 

• Love 5

I've loved all of them, even BJ. It's def not an amaaaazing album but it has it's songs and I really enjoy any Britney album. It's better than a lot of artists' albums. For a while, Britney herself wasn't being overly creative:

Circus - Designed to be a successful comeback so it's safe pop.

FF - Kind of generic but it was really strong and fun.

BJ - "Personal" but I feel like she didn't write as much as we are led to believe.... We all know it's not her best album.

Glory is where she got experimental again and started writing more and being more creative. If she can keep going in this direction her music will get better and better.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Corso said:

I figure it’s because she was given the most creative freedom on Blackout. From what I can gather her team didn’t have much involvement in the record until after she recorded most of it.
Piece Of Me Hair Flip GIF by Britney Spears

thats why we start #justiceforblackout , date: july 27

I made a topic here.

PLEASE WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! other fans in twitter ask us if you are going to participate!

This is the twitter:

@Jordan Miller could you please tweet the date ?

hope we all support this!

:hugs:

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BABY BEATRIZ said:

thats why we start #justiceforblackout , date: july 27

I made a topic here.

PLEASE WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! other fans in twitter ask us if you are going to participate!

This is the twitter:

@Jordan Miller could you please tweet the date ?

hope we all support this!

:hugs:

@BABY BEATRIZ does this event mean we just stream it on the music platforms to get it to chart?

6 minutes ago, dbagswag said:

@BABY BEATRIZ does this event mean we just stream it on the music platforms to get it to chart?

hi babe!!!stream and buy blackout!! the idea is do justice for this album, so yes, buy too!! (same as #justiceforglory)

we think this is a good message. this is the most free britney we knew! and the album deserve justice. i wish i could explain myself better, sorry cant speak english :(

I agree.  Post-blackout the rare instances I felt Britney was Britney were when she released Tom’s Diner and Mood Ring. Both got her signature charisma and energy, not to mention she was involved heavily on those two songs! She really wanted those songs either as recorded or released.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dbagswag said:

Excellently put!!! Despite any opinions of the album songs, it was an amazing era for fans. In retrospect I’m a little shocked just how quickly and intensely she was thrusted back into her old touring lifestyle

Completely agree. Things happened so quickly and it was truly amazing to see Britney working her way back to the top, but in retrospect I have to wonder how in the world the Circus era even happened. A real mystery unless we want to believe the things that were said in FTR about Britney asking to get back into the studio :duh:

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Corso said:

From what I can gather her team didn’t have much involvement in the record until after she recorded most of it.

not even Britney herself had that much involvement as fans fantasize 

It was basically Danja's team who crafted most of the songs and she just went and recorded them, like she's done with other albums 

• Like 2

Blackout is her only album to not have Larry Rudolph, she also executive produced it, something she hasn't been able to do.

She's kinda forced to make the music the conservatorship wants, The singles stand out more than the albums itsekf, they jnie the bread is in the singles, not the album sales. 

• Love 1

I think the albums are great minus BJ but there is no promo around any of them so nothing to really remember them by. The FF performances were really bad, BJ I don’t think there was anything besides from POM and Glory had some great comeback performances but nothing to tie a campaign together. Her personality no longer shines through and that was a big draw for her in the beginning and she’s so sheltered now. There is such an elusiveness to her and what she went through and so much mystery that I think there is still a chance to come back with something really big but it would have to be done properly and I feel like her team, the past couple albums, only have done the bare minimum and it’s not enough.

i loved the circus era btw, but a lot of the success was because it was the comeback but in terms of videos, tour, and the few performances i think it was gold. That was the first time it was noticeable how distant she became though. After for the record it’s only be vanilla candles and toxic is my favorite song kind of answers and questions.  

• Like 1