Britney’s albums after Blackout have all been lackluster (opinion)

43 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

Circus as an album was meh, it lacked identity and there’s no link between the tracks. you can feel that it’s been quite rushed. 

FF was great, you’d recognize a song from it. it was full of easy bops but she could’ve been more original. it wasn’t a Britney signature sound, you can tell that it’s from 2011 but that’s pretty much it. criminal being the most remembered song from that era shows it greatly: it’s a typical Britney song that can’t be sung by Katy Perry

BJ

Glory had interesting tracks, but sometimes the vocals are quite awful (private show, what you need), she should’ve sang these songs with her natural deep voice (it would’ve worked better). she had been experimenting a little bit more, but the main problem with that record is that it was too trendy. britney is a trend-setter. you can’t expect her album to have any kind of impact when she’s been inspired by a B-list artist that is inspired by her lol. btw, the hook up from ITZ sounds like a glory song. see, britney be a trendsetter. 

that era could’ve been awesome nonetheless, but it was messy from the very beginning.

This is very true, couldn't agree more 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

NO!

Kesha and Katy wouldn't have pulled FF off the way Britney did. The Femme Fatale album is not THAT generic.

Glory is my favorite album to listen to, for me it HAS Britney's touch plus she co-wrote 7 songs. She has said she was very involved. She wouldn't say  "it's not what you expect at all" if she wasn't proud of Glory.

And Circus STILL IS one of the strong ones.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

. Blackout tried to hop on the whole Timbaland/Nelly Furtado Urban/Electro trend but it still had some interesting "experimental" tracks like Piece Of Me/Radar etc that only Britney could sing.

Hoped? yes it did, but not in a way where it was trend-chasing. The album itself experimented with EDM music and helped popularize dubstep music in freakshow. Also, the album even experimented with synthesizers and disco in a time where disco as a genre wasnt popular. 

• Love 1

Femme Fatale is a decent album. the genius of Max Martin and Dr. Luke shouldn't be denied there. they helped create the sounds that defined electropop that decade, influencing the likes of Rihanna and Taylor Swift. it's just getting a lot of **** because Britney have no writing credits on it, and because FFney. it may not be as influential as Blackout or ITZ, but it was influential too. :nyschool:

tbh if it was Primeney that released these albums i don't think they'll be underappreciated alot

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Well I can totally understand her reasons tho , her team is the ones to blame, and I partly disagree because to me circus still had that magic,I really love that album it's my 3rd fav Britney album, but she lost her passion probably after the circus tour ......:brityawning:

But she finished the FF tour like a pro , that is how strong the woman is ...:hugs:

• Like 3

I think apart from “Britney Jean” I would not describe any album post-Blackout as being lacklustre, that’s too harsh. 

“Circus” is a very good album that features an eclectic mix of sounds and songs. “Femme Fatale” is not my most favourite album but you would have to say it’s a damn good pop record albeit lacking that extra Britney magic. And then “Glory” is a terrific record and up there with “In The Zone” and “Blackout” as far as style, personality and standout songs go - it’s a real mood album and sees Britney experimenting and having fun again. 

The truth of the matter is that Britney has set the bar so high for herself when it comes to her music that sometimes it’s hard to live up to consistently but she’s done a damn good job for over 20 years now. I don’t see any other pop star delivering so consistently. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I very much agree.

While 6-9 delivered some great content (even BJ), there was lack of presence or innovation.

Some of the tracks on FF you can barely tell are her, or she's so far down in the mix she gets lost.

Glory was significant in terms of her vocal presence and her excitement for the album was clear. But it still didn't quite hit the mark in the same way, she's always been slightly ahead in terms of sound and this was very much her trying to fit in with trends and not make them.

FEMME FATALE is flawless and you will have to deal!  Circus is still a pretty strong album overall (massive hit singles, etc.), Glory is great but sadly underperformed, Britney Jean is an unholy mess that should've been scrapped tbh 

• Love 5

I feel like people give Blackout too much credit. Yes it’s an amazing album but it wasn’t as revolutionary as people make it seem. The hype of Britney releasing something mid-“breakdown” definitely amped its status up and we go into it a little biased I would say. It’s not me hating on Blackout, I think if I had to rank her albums Blackout would be #1 but I have to admit that it’s not just the music, it’s also the nostalgia and memories that come with it, the sense of fervent rooting for the underdog.
With the exception of BJ I think Britney did give us the best she could give during those other years and the albums were great at the time. Not everything is going to age well and that goes for all musicians. 
Glory was actually a great album in my opinion! Not generic for the most part. I can’t see her setting any music trends though at this point. Maybe! You never know, but I just don’t think the world is that receptive to her as an artist as opposed to as a stage performer. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I think you should remove your nostalgia goggles.

blackout is amazing but it has its own flaws. Neither the mixing nor the mastering of tracks is perfect. If you listen to it in FLAC with audiophile equipment you’ll notice that it leaves much to be desired sonically.

Glory and FF may have less memorable tracks but I’m sick of people ruling them out immediately when quality-wise they are superior to Blackout. 

anyways I don’t like this-is-better-than-that game. Let’s appreciate all forms of art Britney puts out as an artist.

• Love 3
  • Like 3

I agree with almost everything. 

I really did believe glory had the britney touch. songs like private show, what you need, if I'm dancing.....the vocals, the ad-libs...it was soooo good. 

it just sucked we only got two singles and the make me video and that they tacked tinashe on to slumber party so she's becoming an artist that needs features in her singles which is super annoying. and not her style. but the album itself was great and deserved "so much better" 

• Like 3