Britney’s albums after Blackout have all been lackluster (opinion)

14 minutes ago, YannFrance said:

I have more pleasure listening to Femme Fatale over Blackout anyday. Blackout is overrated as hell by her fans, it's really nothing special to me.

I like Femme Fatale too, but the music is so over-produced, quantified, manufactured and perfect that it almost feels lifeless at times. You can tell she had almost no involvement in the creative process. And i bet she doesn't like the album that much too. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, NotLouTaylor said:

I like Femme Fatale too, but the music is so over-produced, quantified, manufactured and perfect that it almost feels lifeless at times. You can tell she had almost no involvement in the creative process. And i bet she doesn't like the album that much too. 

I see what you mean. For me it's the perfect album for working out at the gym, the productions are top notch and it doesn't slow down from start to end, that's what i love about it. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, YannFrance said:

I see what you mean. For me it's the perfect album for working out at the gym, the productions are top notch and it doesn't slow down from start to end, that's what i love about it. 

OOOh yeah definitely! It's perfect for the gym. I guess its appreciation all depends on the mood and context too. 

3 minutes ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Don’t forget ‘Don’t Keep Me Waiting’ :chrissy:

Underrated track tbh 

• Love 4
  • Like 3

Actually I prefer Blackout, Circus, Femme Fatale and Glory over her first 4 records :mattafact: and her second self titled album :yesokay:.

2 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Britney needs to go back to her roots

I think this is a problem because she's no longer in her 20s and she grew so much as person and artist :britstare11: 

• Love 3

I mostly agree, but maybe I'm less negative. I do enjoy the albums (-BJ)

Circus is a safe album but a good album. 

Femme Fatale's purpose was to be a fun dance record. That's what it is. Not necessarily my favorite album too and kinda dated. But I still enjoy it when I'm in a summery dancey mood.  Also, Don't Keep Me Waiting is a bop and aged well imo

Britney Jean... well we all know how I feel about this one. it's bad

Glory has some experimental tracks and some safe tracks. But Britney's heart was in it again.

I really feel like we'll only get something completely fresh, experimental and something Britney's heart and soul is in once's she's free 

• Love 4

Circus as an album was meh, it lacked identity and there’s no link between the tracks. you can feel that it’s been quite rushed. 

FF was great, you’d recognize a song from it. it was full of easy bops but she could’ve been more original. it wasn’t a Britney signature sound, you can tell that it’s from 2011 but that’s pretty much it. criminal being the most remembered song from that era shows it greatly: it’s a typical Britney song that can’t be sung by Katy Perry

BJ

Glory had interesting tracks, but sometimes the vocals are quite awful (private show, what you need), she should’ve sang these songs with her natural deep voice (it would’ve worked better). she had been experimenting a little bit more, but the main problem with that record is that it was too trendy. britney is a trend-setter. you can’t expect her album to have any kind of impact when she’s been inspired by a B-list artist that is inspired by her lol. btw, the hook up from ITZ sounds like a glory song. see, britney be a trendsetter. 

that era could’ve been awesome nonetheless, but it was messy from the very beginning.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Style. said:

Glory and Britney Jean are a mess. A complete mess. Both filled with Selena and Katylin’s rejects and both fail to deliver a hit.

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Circus and Femme fatale/glory are far from lack-luster tbh

Glory isn't a bad album at all, it's just a bit impersonal to me in the way it was made, both artistically and sonically. Like i said, it lacks something that makes you say "Oh this is britney spears". 

It's too safey. The album would have been more interesting if they tried to push the boundaries of its "chill tropical house"/ inspirations. Blackout tried to hop on the whole Timbaland/Nelly Furtado Urban/Electro trend but it still had some interesting "experimental" tracks like Piece Of Me/Radar etc that only Britney could sing.  The way her vocals are processed on Blackout was very interesting in 2007, with the various uses of Melodyne etc, it elevated the album, it was very fresh. Not your typical vocal chain. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2