J.K. Rowling likes Tweet opposing a bill that will criminalize conversion therapy

Britney needs to release an album soon, because I'm getting really tired of reading on this site how every damn little thing is offensive. I'm starting to see no difference between radical religious people and the radical LGBTQ and Black Lives Matter supporters because you have to watch every little thing you say or do, or else you will be crucified. Canceled culture has got to go.

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Trans women are trans women , and women are women , with all my support for trans women there is a slight difference , we don't need to ignore reality , it doesn't mean it's bad to be a transgender woman or that you are less than a woman if you're a trans woman. They have to go through a lot of prejudice and I admire them for the courage and strength they have, it can be confusing for some but it's the truth. Maybe in the future it will be possible to change the whole body system biologically .... But until then it is what it is.... 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Britney needs to release an album soon, because I'm getting really tired of reading on this site how every damn little thing is offensive. I'm starting to see no difference between radical religious people and the radical LGBTQ and Black Lives Matter supporters because you have to watch every little thing you say or do, or else you will be crucified. Canceled culture has got to go.

Radical religious people have killed LGBT people in the past. So please don't mix the two. :trash:

• Love 1

I think people are putting words in her mouth. Aren't trans people the ones who have been very vocal about *** and gender being different things?! She's literally just reaffirming that. No matter how you identify, you can't change your genetic makeup and biology. :typing: Obviously, rubbing it in a trans person's face by saying that, "Omg, you're biologically this / that" is neither productive nor nice, but acknowledging the truth without ill intentions isn't something that should be condemned. :sipney:

• Love 4

Transgender women are women. Any statement to the contrary erases the identity and dignity of transgender people

But doesn't saying this kinda erase their identity. If you're saying they're women and not trans women that's literally what you're doing. You're erasing their identity as trans. 

What continues to trigger her to make such hateful comments? Her comments seem to appear out of thin air :shocked: and for no reason. Its sad because she has such a warm heart from orphans and abused children. Its like we are hearing these comments from another person...

Anyway, I’m glad Daniel took the opportunity to educate and express care rather than argue or hurt anymore people. We have enough of that in the world :truthtea:

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, asterix said:

LMAO why Daniel inserts himself like an idiot without even understanding what JK said? Funny how he completely ignored JK's point about women being the only ones menstruating. Which was the WHOLE POINT of her post. He totally dismissed it and he went on a ridiculous rant about supporting trans women. JK never said anything about trans women at first place, wtf is Daniel doing?? JK never said anything about trans women or having any problem with them. She specifically voiced her problem with that article that referred to women who menstruate as "people that menstruate". That was the problem and  that is exactly what she tried to explain. "People" who menstruate are BIOLOGICAL WOMEN. Period. NOT trans women. 

Daniel is a moron. Way to bite the hand that feeds him. JK made him famous and he ****s on her like that? He didn't even understand what JK said. She never bashed trans women, she has issue with how the article referred to WOMEN as "people who menstruate". Are we really going to ignore biology like Jordan does with that ignorant OP?

Biology lesson:
Trans women are not biological women. They CAN'T menstruate because they are biological men.
Trans men are not biological men. They CAN menstruate because they are biological women.
WOMEN are 100% biological women. They can menstruate.
MEN are 100% biological men. They CAN'T menstruate.
Trans women can't get pregnant. They are men.
Trans men can get pregnant. They are women.
Women can get pregnant. Duh.
Men can't get pregnant. Duh x2.
ok? 
So JK's point was: "people that menstruate" are biological women. No matter what they want to call themselves, they are women. That's how the article should be. Calling women as "people who menstruate" is outrageous and insulting. Next they will be calling women "those things that bleed irrationally once the month".

Have a look at what Blaire White a trans woman says about JK's post and the irrational people that try to paint JK as ignorant and transphobic. 

https://thepostmillennial.com/jk-rowling-transphobic-youre-just-sensitive

BuT mY fEeLiNgs

• Like 1

Rowling didn't say anything wrong imo. She obviously didn't intend to offend anyone to begin with; I mean, she's one of the most liberal authors around. I understand her frustration about the constant reinterpretation of what it means to be a woman, and the fact that some people were dragging her for her comments about s-ex/gender sort of proves her point. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

.What continues to trigger her to make such hateful comments? Her comments seem to appear out of thin air :shocked: and for no reason. Its sad because she has such a warm heart from orphans and abused children. Its like we are hearing these comments from another person...

Anyway, I’m glad Daniel took the opportunity to educate and express care rather than argue or hurt anymore people. We have enough of that in the world :truthtea:

Did you even read the comments or article? No where does she say anything negative towards trans people. She is just claiming what science has proven a long time ago...only women can menstruate. That is all. I don’t understand how no one understands this. 

15 hours ago, asterix said:

LMAO why Daniel inserts himself like an idiot without even understanding what JK said? Funny how he completely ignored JK's point about women being the only ones menstruating. Which was the WHOLE POINT of her post. He totally dismissed it and he went on a ridiculous rant about supporting trans women. JK never said anything about trans women at first place, wtf is Daniel doing?? JK never said anything about trans women or having any problem with them. She specifically voiced her problem with that article that referred to women who menstruate as "people that menstruate". That was the problem and  that is exactly what she tried to explain. "People" who menstruate are BIOLOGICAL WOMEN. Period. NOT trans women. 

Daniel is a moron. Way to bite the hand that feeds him. JK made him famous and he ****s on her like that? He didn't even understand what JK said. She never bashed trans women, she has issue with how the article referred to WOMEN as "people who menstruate". Are we really going to ignore biology like Jordan does with that ignorant OP?

Biology lesson:
Trans women are not biological women. They CAN'T menstruate because they are biological men.
Trans men are not biological men. They CAN menstruate because they are biological women.
WOMEN are 100% biological women. They can menstruate.
MEN are 100% biological men. They CAN'T menstruate.
Trans women can't get pregnant. They are men.
Trans men can get pregnant. They are women.
Women can get pregnant. Duh.
Men can't get pregnant. Duh x2.
ok? 
So JK's point was: "people that menstruate" are biological women. No matter what they want to call themselves, they are women. That's how the article should be. Calling women as "people who menstruate" is outrageous and insulting. Next they will be calling women "those things that bleed irrationally once the month".

Have a look at what Blaire White a trans woman says about JK's post and the irrational people that try to paint JK as ignorant and transphobic. 

https://thepostmillennial.com/jk-rowling-transphobic-youre-just-sensitive

Finally someone with some sense.

I don't know why the LGBTQ+AZDFDKFDFLD cause tries to eliminate BASIC BIOLOGY. Your biological *** has absolutely nothing to do with your feelings. Now if you're a man that feels like a woman, good for you, but it doesn't change the FACT that you are still a biological man. Cutting it off doesn't make you a female either. That would be like saying that a male who gets into a horrific accident and loses his ***** is now automatically a female. It just doesn't work this way.

Daniel was wrong on this...I'm with J.K. on this!

• Love 1
  • Like 3
11 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Y'all, the amount of trash trump supporters, racists  and transphobes on exhale lately.

i don't see the correlation of supporting a politician, racism, and transphobia with science. Can you explain that?

Disagreeing has no tangible connection to someone having bad characteristics

• Love 5
On 6/7/2020 at 2:36 PM, Alex_1991 said:

Nobody said anything about the erasing the idea of male and female. If you were born female and you feel a female, you have every right to consider yourself as a female. 

If a person was born a female but never felt like one, they have the right to consider theirself any other way. 

So not only "female" have menstruations, but There's PEOPLE with menstruations.

Why does it bother you so much? 

Why calling them people who menstruate instead of women bother all of you so much? 

Do you understand that by saying "people who menstruate" female are included, of course? And that no one is taking anything away from you? 

The amount of people downvoting me for this is sad 

I expected to be down voted for my Taylor Swift shade, not for defending trans people :decisions:

• Like 3

JK  Rowling... WTF!  You just successfully articulated that you’re a *****. You put that writer on blast. Mocking trans lives during pride month and then claiming your love and empathy. Yet you accuse them and use language like ERASE and REMOVE... DURING PRIDE MONTH while trans woman are being killed. Your language and tone promotes division in a time when we need to come together the most.

WHY? The LGBTQ+ supported you and raised your voice since day one. While religious and conservative menstruating woman and ejaculatory men  All over the globe burned your life’s work in bonfires, the churches condemned You and Your work! 

Whether this was from Dan personally or his PR Team or Warner Bro’s trying to salvage the HP Brand. They are correct. If you are as empathizing and loving as you state then an apology or a simple act of kindness is appropriate. It’s your voice, no one will force you or demand one. Your voice is your own and for decades I believed in what you spoke of.  Your harsh and condescending posts make one question was all the love you spoke of as fictional as your characters.

This is KAREN Energy...  and if it Ain’t. Be a Grown *** Adult ‘Womben’ and say you are sorry.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block