J.K. Rowling likes Tweet opposing a bill that will criminalize conversion therapy

18 hours ago, Theonetheonly said:

nicki minaj television GIF by RealityTVGIFs

I wish celebrities would stick to what they do best .... singing / writing / acting instead of being political and should have restricted internet access and keep opinions to themselves....

Excuse you? Everybody has a right to share and express their opinions. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, asterix said:

Before you call someone ignorant, learn perhaps how to read ok cookie? She didn't "ignorantly" define trans people. What she said was correct. That article she refers to, is actually stupid. "people who menstruate" umm, the "people" who menstruate are called WOMEN. Biological women. Point blank. It doesn't matter if someone wants to call themselves whatever term they fancy, what matters is what they are biologically. Men can't menstruate. Period. Only women can. Biological women can menstruate. And people need to stfu on twitter with their whole stupid 'cancel' culture crap and go back to biology classes to refresh their memories. They only try to nitpick everything to start a fight like the toxic little ****s they are LMAO

I agree with her too. It’s a very simple matter that the media has crafted such confusing narrative of. It boggles my mind sometimes.  

• Like 7

I don’t think she deserved any backlash. However, I do think LGBT community (which I’m a part of) is hyper sensitive due to the hate we have endured throughout our lives through the media, family etc.

so now that we are finally being treated equally, it’s like, many people feel they don’t want to lose that.

i think it’s good intentions on both sides

On 6/7/2020 at 6:59 AM, OnlyFacts said:

Shame on her. Everyone needs to love everyone.

Where did she say she doesn't love everyone? Her response has nothing to do with that. This is why the internet cancel culture is ridiculous, people jump to their own conclusions without actually analyzing what someone said. She's not a celebrity - she's an author, and she has a point. She is saying if you are arguing that "***" doesn't exist, therefore same-*** attraction cannot exist (LGBQT community). *** DOES exist. *** IS a label. Her tweets mention nothing about GENDER, which is the issue Trans people fight against being labeled from birth. 

• Like 6
5 hours ago, Korb said:

Excuse you? Everybody has a right to share and express their opinions. 

Not if they are going to upset others or have limited knowledge on what they are talking about.... I don’t think it’s right.. if they want to be a politician then they should Pursue that career. They have tunnel vision sometimes and a lot of things do not impact them as they would the rest of the world. 

57 minutes ago, Korb said:

You need to wake up,sweetie. "if they are going to upset others" So basically no one should say anything ever seeing as there's always going to be someone who does not agree or becomes upset at what someone is saying. You should not be out here promoting censorship and silencing people's voices. That's not a cute look. J.K Rowling can say whatever she wants to say,even when you or I don't agree with her. You don't need to be a politician or any other career to have and express an opinion. Like...what?:joanne:

It's called free speech ,not agreeable speech or nice speech. Get with it.:thelook:

michele romanow sweetie GIF by CBC Firstly ... secondly practice what you preach... I’m having my say and will not be silenced either. We have enough hate in the world. have a good day 

34 minutes ago, Theonetheonly said:

michele romanow sweetie GIF by CBC Firstly ... secondly practice what you preach... I’m having my say and will not be silenced either. We have enough hate in the world. have a good day 

Telling someone not to subvert free speech is in service of free speech,not against it ,so I am practicing what I say,sweetie.:ohwut:

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Theonetheonly said:

Not if they are going to upset others or have limited knowledge on what they are talking about.... I don’t think it’s right.. if they want to be a politician then they should Pursue that career. They have tunnel vision sometimes and a lot of things do not impact them as they would the rest of the world. 

Then 99% of the world shouldn't be allowed to have a social media account :idkney:

As I was saying on another thread, I don't think celebrities or famous people SHOULD give an opinion on everything, or be advocate of everything, as if it was an obligation, but they have all the freedom to say whatever they want as any other person in this world. 

I don't think the problem is how ignorant or how informed a person is, but how much importance WE give to what other people say, especially the famous ones. She spoke her mind. If someone agrees or disagrees with her, I don't know how that affects their life in any way, unless she's their mother or something. Like, if she said something ignorant or wrong, it's not like her followers will instantly believe and start thinking exactly like her, spreading false ideas, and the proof is in all the people that got upset. I just think people could use their time and energy to do something more productive instead of cancelling people on the internet. :yaknow: Unfollow whoever we think is not right and concentrate in something more positive. 

• Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block