J.K. Rowling likes Tweet opposing a bill that will criminalize conversion therapy

She didn't say anything offensive or wrong, biological women are the only people who menstruate - why is it that brochures etc concerning prostrate cancer only state 'men' instead of 'prostate havers'? JK is not disrespecting transmen or transwomen by saying that, we should be encouraging transmen and transwomen to celebrate their unique experiences. I have absolute empathy for those who struggle with dysphoria and totally support them transitioning to help them live a better life but unfortunately for things like periods and other medical situations you're not going to be able to replicate the lived experience of the other *** exactly, that's just reality. I mean it's literally in the name 'transgender' that means they have changed gender not ***, I don't understand the concept of saying "I'm proud to be a transwoman or man" but then saying that stating medical facts like women are the only people who menstruate is offensive? And to those saying 'WhY iS sHe SpEaKiNg aBoUt ThIs?' as if you have any right to dictate what she can speak about, she's speaking about it because she's in the position not to have to worry about cancel culture, being doxed, harassed, abused or reported to her employer. I'm not from the UK but I follow what's been going on closely and I know it's been brewing a long time where women are shouted down and basically told to 'Shut the f--k up' if they attempt to speak about their *** based rights at all, so that is why JK is speaking. And for Daniel to 'apologise on her behalf' is so bloody disgusting, thanks for mansplaining what a woman is to a woman Daniel, you misogynistic ****head. Why is it that other groups get to define their experiences, for eg Rachel Dolezal was basically laughed down and told to piss off when she said she 'identified' as being black, but if women object to someone like Danielle Muscato stating they are a woman, they're told to go choke on girl**** and shut the **** up basically.

There's nothing wrong or shameful about being a transgender man or woman, we should be encouraging celebration about what it means to be trans instead of redefining basic medical facts.   

• Love 2
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you guys freaking serious?

I dont even know why I bother getting worked up about the dumb, unresearched, regurgitated stuff being posted on here.

"Conversion therapy" is specifically therapy designed to "convert" a person from gay to straight. It has been proven to be both unaffective and even harmful.

Therapy to "help a person better accept the body they were born in" is the OPPOSITE of "conversion". The mental gymnastics youd have to go through to call helping a person accept themselves the way they are "conversion therapy"...

The fact that the bill conflates the two is its main problem.

So here are some facts for you.

Upwards of 90% of children/adolescents who experience gender dysphoria end up "growing out of it" (for lack of a better term)

40% of transgender people attempt suicide, regardless of whether or not they have undergone gender reassignment surgery/hormones. In other words, gender reassignment surgery is inaffective at curbing suicidal tendencies in transgender individuals.

Given those statistics, are you genuinely willing to demonize people who believe that the best help for a transgender individual is to, at least at first, accept the body they were born into as an initial step before making any rash decisions? Especially when they could very easily make what will in retrospect be considered a mistake that will affect their entire lives, simply because society is pushing full-speed for hormones and gender reassignment as the go-to solution to every gender dysphoria related issue?

Some of you care more about looking or sounding woke than you actually care about the wellbeing of the people at stake. Think about that.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, DonoDotto said:

Are you guys freaking serious?

I dont even know why I bother getting worked up about the dumb, unresearched, regurgitated stuff being posted on here.

"Conversion therapy" is specifically therapy designed to "convert" a person from gay to straight. It has been proven to be both unaffective and even harmful.

Therapy to "help a person better accept the body they were born in" is the OPPOSITE of "conversion". The mental gymnastics youd have to go through to call helping a person accept themselves the way they are "conversion therapy"...

The fact that the bill conflates the two is its main problem.

So here are some facts for you.

Upwards of 90% of children/adolescents who experience gender dysphoria end up "growing out of it" (for lack of a better term)

40% of transgender people attempt suicide, regardless of whether or not they have undergone gender reassignment surgery/hormones. In other words, gender reassignment surgery is inaffective at curbing suicidal tendencies in transgender individuals.

Given those statistics, are you genuinely willing to demonize people who believe that the best help for a transgender individual is to, at least at first, accept the body they were born into as an initial step before making any rash decisions? Especially when they could very easily make what will in retrospect be considered a mistake that will affect their entire lives, simply because society is pushing full-speed for hormones and gender reassignment as the go-to solution to every gender dysphoria related issue?

Some of you care more about looking or sounding woke than you actually care about the wellbeing of the people at stake. Think about that.

My comment was not about her conversion therapy. That’s the problem with a thread being updated 3 or 4 times with new posts. But thanks for the downvote. I still think she’s an idiot though :jl:

It’s already illegal in most places in Canada and widely frowned upon even in places where it may not be illegal. It’s stupid to oppose the bill because it’s not like it’s killing some sort of institution in the country. It’s just the final nail in the coffin and makes Trudeau look better. 

Fart in the wrong direction and you can be labeled transphobic/homophobic/racist these days. People are reading far too much into the smallest things desperately trying to cancel anyone they can. 
It may not fit with the reality trans people wish was actual reality but it’s the truth. Trans men and women will always be trans. It’s not denying them their existence or respect, it’s basic science. Men and women are born with biological differences unique to their ***. The best a trans person can hope for is to alter their appearance to better represent themselves and how they feel inside and how they truly identify. Saying this out loud isn’t transphobic, not playing into the fantasy that people can magically alter physics isn’t transphobic. It’s a sad truth, and it is sad because I wish for nothing more than for people to be able to be who they are inside and have that reflect on the outside. 
Attacking people for acknowledging science only hurts the movement imo.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Also can we pay attention to the fact that it was a child that was being counseled? I wanted to be Cher Horowitz up until the age of 12 but obv the majority of us grow out of that stuff. I’ve seen parents who allow kids to transition and I don’t believe that’s right at all. You don’t know your arse from your elbow at those ages.  

• Love 2
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

Also can we pay attention to the fact that it was a child that was being counseled? I wanted to be Cher Horowitz up until the age of 12 but obv the majority of us grow out of that stuff. I’ve seen parents who allow kids to transition and I don’t believe that’s right at all. You don’t know your arse from your elbow at those ages.  

I grew out of that stuff because society and my parents told me it was wrong to idolize women and wear their clothes and try to be like Selena or Britney! I think you should be true, humble yourself and let god lead the way to your kids and nurture their soul to whomever they are.

25 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

I knew i was Gay at 5 so who i am to judge other people!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block