J.K. Rowling likes Tweet opposing a bill that will criminalize conversion therapy

54 minutes ago, monkeystar88 said:

I grew out of that stuff because society and my parents told me it was wrong to idolize women and wear their clothes and try to be like Selena or Britney! I think you should be true, humble yourself and let god lead the way to your kids and nurture their soul to whomever they are.

So parents in similar situations should let a child choose to take hormones and permanently alter their bodies before they're even old enough to drive? ok. Think you missed my point entirely.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

She kicked off another thread about trans people. 

And she’s entirely correct. She defended herself thoughtfully. I’m pretty sure everyone in this thread realizes she isn’t being a bigot or anti-trans. She’s speaking facts. 

• Like 4
19 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

She kicked off another thread about trans people. 

And she's right. Funny how she posts intelligent, well thought out and researched threads and the majority of the replies are 'SHUT THE F--K UP AND SUCK MY D--K TERF' lol. The other day JK mentioned how some TRAs had linked p--n in her comments that were on her replies to CHILDREN and then ppl started trashing JK and saying she didn't call it out literally instead of trashing the ppl who are posting p--n to children in the first place. If ppl have issue with her thread they could also take it up with Night News that reported what she mentioned 

Of course there are ppl who are trans and I totally respect their identity and they should have every protected right we all have, but this needs to be addressed. If adults are bringing in children for treatment because they'd prefer a trans straight child than a gay child (homophobia mentioned as a huge motivation by the anonymous clinicians in the video) that is not ok. Any parent who takes a child to a clinic like that and mentions homophobia as a motivator should be reported for child abuse IMO (and it says in the video one girl saying 'My mother wants the hormone more than I do' and still being referred for treatment) it's sickening. A parent does not have the right to set a child on the path to lifelong medicalisation, surgery and likely infertility because they didn't want a gay child, that's beyond horrific. Now of course there are children who are trans and they need to be supported in every way possible, personally I don't think children should be on things like puberty blockers when little research has been done on longterm effects but a social transition to help a child and addressing their preferred name/pronouns etc is the kind of thing I'd prefer to encourage and also encouraging the idea that any child can play with/like whatever they want, none of this 'boys toys' and 'girls toys' nonsense. I understand it's a very hard situation to find a perfect outcome - in Aus there was a young boy (12) who was threatening to commit suicide to his mother if she didn't put him on cross *** hormones, she ended up getting him the *****. When he turned 14 he felt more comfortable in his male body and decided he wanted to detransition, he said 'I realised I didn't have to change everything about myself to be happy' - now he has to have the breasts that he's grown removed. It's hard, I believe that mother acted thinking she had no other option - what do you do seeing your child so distressed? I don't know all the answers, but shutting down any sort of discussion and labelling ppl hateful TERFS for expressing different opinions is not a solution.

• Love 1

I think she's entitled to have her own opinion and express herself if she wants to. But she should be ready and not whine for all the backlash she might receive 'cause AGAIN everyone is entitled to have their own opinion and express themselves if they want to.

• Like 1
On 7/2/2020 at 4:59 PM, kdub87 said:

So parents in similar situations should let a child choose to take hormones and permanently alter their bodies before they're even old enough to drive? ok. Think you missed my point entirely.

Every situation is different.  I'm not familiar with the genetics of trans but i do know they say us gay men are born gay(within the womb) so why should trans be any different? You rush to judge but with hopefully you do so with good intention. I can see both sides and i hope you can too. Sometimes i think let people wait till they are 18 to make a more informed decision but I never knew i was straight i only knew i was gay since i was conscious so who am i to steal a life of experience from another person? We are lucky enough to born in our bodies. I think our trans people are deeply misunderstood. Think outside yourself. You believe that a a trans person considers their identity the same as their ability to drive than you miss the point  entirely and should be embarrassed as a human. 

4 hours ago, monkeystar88 said:

You believe that a a trans person considers their identity the same as their ability to drive than you miss the point  entirely and should be embarrassed as a human. 

Are you comprehending anything I said lol? If a person is not of the emotional or physical maturity to even have a drivers license, how can anyone condone them taking hormones that will irrevocably change their bodies? Try to follow along its not difficult. Unless you're all for letting children make the most life altering decision of their existence before their brains have even fully developed you're either dumb or just trying too hard with the virtue signaling.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, monkeystar88 said:

Every situation is different.  I'm not familiar with the genetics of trans but i do know they say us gay men are born gay(within the womb) so why should trans be any different? You rush to judge but with hopefully you do so with good intention. I can see both sides and i hope you can too. Sometimes i think let people wait till they are 18 to make a more informed decision but I never knew i was straight i only knew i was gay since i was conscious so who am i to steal a life of experience from another person? 

You say you knew you were gay as a child, therefore a trans person would know too that they are trans at an early age and should be able to act upon that and undergo hormone therapy. Going by this logic, if people know they are gay as children, they should also be allowed to act upon that and have ***?  Think harder about what you are saying. You can't compare these things.

3 hours ago, kdub87 said:

Are you comprehending anything I said lol? If a person is not of the emotional or physical maturity to even have a drivers license, how can anyone condone them taking hormones that will irrevocably change their bodies? Try to follow along its not difficult. Unless you're all for letting children make the most life altering decision of their existence before their brains have even fully developed you're either dumb or just trying too hard with the virtue signaling.

Exactly, and when there's been something like a 4000% increase in the number of children seeking treatment/help for gender dysphoria over the past 10 yrs (the larger percentage being young girls) it is worth looking at reasons as to why. Since I'm not a teenager I don't know what might be an influence but when I'm browsing twitter and seeing young kids posting stuff like 'Check out my new binder' and popular YouTubers etc liking the posts I have to wonder how influential social media and sites like Tumblr are in all of this. I do not mean to discredit or invalidate trans ppl at all but when there's been SUCH an increase it raises questions. And yes I agree, to think young children can appreciate the full reality of taking medications like this is not something I agree with. There have not been long term studies on the use of puberty blockers, also ppl like Buck Angel have spoken about the fact that taking testosterone for a long period of time left him with debilitating *******l atrophy (sorry if TMI, but it's important!) which he was never warned about being a possibility. It's a HUGE decision most likely leading to lifelong medication, surgeries and then probable infertility. These are adult decisions, not children who are not allowed to drink, have ***, drive, vote etc etc. Any adult who makes this choice I support and hope it makes them happier.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block