Watch Britney Dance To "Coupure Électrique" & "Do You Wanna Come Over" At Domination Rehearsals

CuriousaboutBrit

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So literally everything is reycled from pom except it's associated with different songs, i mean the sheet looks like the ribbon thing for oops, her being thrown in the air like toxic, slave on the floor kinda like toxic.. nothing new.  CE is decent tho i'm not giving it very long until she removes it and replace it with lazy moves.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

but I think they can always change their minds (no seas cortés) once they start rehearsing on the actual stage, like they ended up doing with Toxic in POM.

She was doing a full choreo in IABJ when she was alone with the choreographer at the studio, but at the end we got all this more theatrical thing which I wouldn't doubt they come up with once they were onstage and saw all the distance she had to walk from one side to the other, or from the back to the front.

I mean, for more that they want to pretend they have the props and measure the distances and stuff, first of all, the studio would have to have exactly the same space as the stage, and then they would have to have perfect measurment and have all the props by now, like exactly knowing how big or small they're gonna be at the end. I mean, maybe they are robots and have all this contemplated already, but to me it sounds logical that is more than likely that they end up "fixing" things once they start rehearsing at the theater.

If they don't already know the size of the stage 2 months before the show starts then there is a much bigger problem.

Either way, you can see in some rehearsal videos that the stage is marked on the floor. They might slightly modify things on the actual stage but they definitely know more or less the space they have to work with by now.

1 hour ago, MTL899 said:

I don't understand why so many of you are freaking out. She is showing us 10-15 second clips of REHEARSALS from what's going to be an almost 2 hour show.

Some of you act like we have seen the whole show already after seeing those small clips. Please WAIT to judge the show when we have actually seen the show.

Bottom line is, the quality of Britney's performance in this show is entirely in Britney's hands. From what I've seen in the clips, her energy is definitely on point. That is a HUGE plus. Also, remember that there is almost 2 months until the show opens.

I just really hope that we get some promo, a documentary (like IAMBJ and FTR) AND (most importantly) a new album (B10!!!) . I think it would be a huge missed opportunity if she didn't release a new album in the first half of 2019.

Agreed 100%!

Her energy looks to be fluid and on point. I think the clips show promise for the full show. I think it already looks more inspired than POM (especially when POM first launched and still had underwhelming routines like '3').

But yeah, new album too! They need to get a bunch of quality writers and producers together to craft a hit. Brit needs a big hit (at least Top 10 on Pop) because the same material is going to get old.

I'm curious what the set-list will be. Truth be told Britney doesn't have THAT many hits outside of the ones she always performs. She should definitely add HIAM this go-round since it went #1, same for S&M, a full-version of Scream & Shout (looks like they're adding the remix) and probably some cuts that have never been performed as far as I know (Toy Soldier, Perfect Lover, My Prerogative). She needs some new hits!

6 minutes ago, waynebradybyday said:

I'm curious what the set-list will be. Truth be told Britney doesn't have THAT many hits outside of the ones she always performs. She should definitely add HIAM this go-round since it went #1, same for S&M, a full-version of Scream & Shout (looks like they're adding the remix) and probably some cuts that have never been performed as far as I know (Toy Soldier, Perfect Lover, My Prerogative). She needs some new hits!

She definitely has dozens of songs that could be added, if she's performed Freakshow, Touch of My Hand, Clumsy, etc and now she's doing Coupure Électrique there's literally no reason as to why a song couldn't be added.

Is not like there was any reason before though, but she if she performed any album track in the past it seemed to be the most representative of a given album, now it seems like she's open to perform anything (at least from Glory). What if she adds Mood Ring or If I'm Dancing? :yesplease: But anyway, I'm expecting mostly the POM songs with a few changes in the ordering of the songs and some replacements. I think she'll cut Everytime, Do Somethin', Circus, IUSA, TOMH and SP were already cut from POM so I doubt they're coming back, and I hope she removes Freakshow but it almost could be the inspiration behind the Domination theme so who knows. I just wish it was at least remixed differently.

44 minutes ago, claug326 said:

If they don't already know the size of the stage 2 months before the show starts then there is a much bigger problem.

Either way, you can see in some rehearsal videos that the stage is marked on the floor. They might slightly modify things on the actual stage but they definitely know more or less the space they have to work with by now.

Of course they know the size of the stage. Marks will change a bit when they rehearse on it.

1 hour ago, waynebradybyday said:

Agreed 100%!

Her energy looks to be fluid and on point. I think the clips show promise for the full show. I think it already looks more inspired than POM (especially when POM first launched and still had underwhelming routines like '3').

But yeah, new album too! They need to get a bunch of quality writers and producers together to craft a hit. Brit needs a big hit (at least Top 10 on Pop) because the same material is going to get old.

Exactly!

I really wish some people on here would stop passing judgement 2 months before the show is even scheduled to open. This is a VERY VERY good sign that she is deep into rehearsals 2 months prior. This shows that Britney is dedicated to making this a great show. Her energy and flow are definitely there in the clips. Will all of that translate onto the main stage when the show opens? Only time will tell.

But PLEASE, wait until we see the actual show before freaking out.

8 minutes ago, MTL899 said:

Exactly!

I really wish some people on here would stop passing judgement 2 months before the show is even scheduled to open. This is a VERY VERY good sign that she is deep into rehearsals 2 months prior. This shows that Britney is dedicated to making this a great show. Her energy and flow are definitely there in the clips. Will all of that translate onto the main stage when the show opens? Only time will tell.

I think everyone agrees that her energy is there - but I suspect we're all feeling the same mutual disappointment with the "dancing" (ie. pointing/armography, putting her hands on her crotch and swivelling her waist, the bouncing/gyrating on her knees (whcih looks straight from her 2016 VMA performance)). I also think the key thing to remember is - they're showing us what they consider to be top-notch rehearsal snippets from the new show. I wish the choreography was more like that Janet Jackson dance she posted a while ago - or even her original Make Me choreo that she posted on Instagram in 2016.

16 minutes ago, MTL899 said:

Exactly!

Hope you're not expecting 2 months of rehearsals.

She's doing them now because she'll be in Hawaii for the whole of January :mariahstare:

40 minutes ago, MTL899 said:

Exactly!

They sound dumb judging 15 second clips

31 minutes ago, Catalin said:

People complained about this one as well.

Mostly because while she was doing that, aka really giving a good choreo (we all would complain less about the singing and other faults of POM ID the choreo was good), she was also doing the weirdest stuff on stage with the weirdest habits of touching her hair 248190181 times and those knee bends and What not

Archived