Watch Britney Dance To "Coupure Électrique" & "Do You Wanna Come Over" At Domination Rehearsals

CuriousaboutBrit

1 hour ago, Dirk said:

so what, it will be a cool moment and very artsy very mortal kombat y'all want the same 90's dance style over and over again, that **** is not cool today no one gives a **** about hardcore dancing not even 1 popstar is doing it, J.Lo does it and yet it's totally forgettable. 

Let her be herself, it's not bad at all.

of course it's artsy but this performance will be a complete waste whenever she's not feeling like dancing. With poor moves, no vocals, and not even face what will you get.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, div said:

This is just too much. She’s not incapable. People are not asking for a 2001 Britney to come back. She did fine in 2016 and on countless rehearsals videos after 2007. Also, I don’t think any mental illnesses or medication has a colateral effect of not being capable to record pre recorded vocals or to sing live or to wear cheap costumes.  

No it doesnt effect not doing prerecorded vocals...that I agree with and I am equally disappointed in that...but everything I said is true about mentall illness and medication effecting her cognitive ability.

And what in these videos is any less than 2016...the only thing she did different in 2016 was that she was more engaged and fierce/sassy than the rest of the pom years...the choreo was the choreo...I see no difference in fieryness, focus and sharpness in these videos compared to 2016.  

I don't understand why so many of you are freaking out. She is showing us 10-15 second clips of REHEARSALS from what's going to be an almost 2 hour show.

Some of you act like we have seen the whole show already after seeing those small clips. Please WAIT to judge the show when we have actually seen the show.

Bottom line is, the quality of Britney's performance in this show is entirely in Britney's hands. From what I've seen in the clips, her energy is definitely on point. That is a HUGE plus. Also, remember that there is almost 2 months until the show opens.

I just really hope that we get some promo, a documentary (like IAMBJ and FTR) AND (most importantly) a new album (B10!!!) . I think it would be a huge missed opportunity if she didn't release a new album in the first half of 2019.

6 minutes ago, MTL899 said:

I don't understand why so many of you are freaking out. She is showing us 10-15 second clips of REHEARSALS from what's going to be an almost 2 hour show.

Some of you act like we have seen the whole show already after seeing those small clips. Please WAIT to judge the show when we have actually seen the show.

Bottom line is, the quality of Britney's performance in this show is entirely in Britney's hands. From what I've seen in the clips, her energy is definitely on point. That is a HUGE plus. Also, remember that there is almost 2 months until the show opens.

I just really hope that we get some promo, a documentary (like IAMBJ and FTR) AND (most importantly) a new album (B10!!!) . I think it would be a huge missed opportunity if she didn't release a new album in the first half of 2019.

oh you re still optimistic and believe in her! how sweet of you!:tiffanynod:

you re in the minority though:mcorangu:

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Especially because in the studio there's a big open space, but then when the "choreo" is translated to the stage, they have to take into account stairs, the catwalk, transitions, tying up her hair, etc. All of that takes away from the original choreo at the rehearsals, and I guess adds more pressure to Britney to remember her positions and such.

Also, can't wait to see the new choreo for the the Missy Elliot medley :yesplease:

I think the reason everybody hates it because they put POM glasses, they run everything through a pom filter, who the **** says she's gonna keep doing the annoying thing with her hair, she's not doing it here in the rehearsals, why can't you stay positive and think someone has pointed it out during the rehearsals and now it's gone forever. The new team might not hold back their suggestions and this show can actually be what we've always wanted. Let's not think it's gonna be pom all over again unless we saw the actual show. It looks great so far. 

Some of those moves they point out that looks like pom is Britney being Britney and it's cute if it's all there is from POM, she's still the same person we shouldn't expect her to suddenly transform to someone else with completely different way of moving. 

4 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

I think the reason everybody hates it because they put POM glasses, they run everything through a pom filter, who the **** says she's gonna keep doing the annoying thing with her hair, she's not doing it here in the rehearsals, why can't you stay positive and think someone has pointed it out during the rehearsals and now it's gone forever. The new team might not hold back their suggestions and this show can actually be what we've always wanted. Let's not think it's gonna be pom all over again unless we saw the actual show. It looks great so far. 

Some of those moves they point out that looks like pom is Britney being Britney and it's cute if it's all there is from POM, she's still the same person we shouldn't expect her to suddenly transform to someone else with completely different way of moving. 

But as everybody has pointed out already, in the rehearsals we always see one thing, and then when the show starts things change, obviously, because the circumstances are completely different: for more marks and imaginary things they do to pretend they're onstage, they're not, so that is gonna be different, plus she's not dancing with the actual outfits yet, or the shoes, or even the lights, but more importantly, she's not dancing in front of an audience yet.

In the 5 years of POM + tours, we've seen her at her best and her worst. We could all agree the peak was in 2016 at the beginning of POM 2.0, and eventually became what she became in 2018. The tics always come up, the messing up with her hair, with her outfits, etc. So it's not being negative, is staying real so we don't get disappointed when all these things start happening.

Yes, the moves are totally Britney's, and they're really bad, not just because they look bad, but because we can see how forced and not fluid they are. Trying to fit 58 movements in half a second, like she does for Coupure Électrique will only make her forget the whole thing and end up all nervous, skipping the stage as she's been doing the last year. And I'm totally ok with that :beynah: I paid for my Domination tickets expecting 2018 Summer Tour quality, so I'm not expecting more than that. If it ends up being an excellent show, well, that'll be a plus. 

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

But as everybody has pointed out already, in the rehearsals we always see one thing, and then when the show starts things change, obviously, because the circumstances are completely different: for more marks and imaginary things they do to pretend they're onstage, they're not, so that is gonna be different, plus she's not dancing with the actual outfits yet, or the shoes, or even the lights, but more importantly, she's not dancing in front of an audience yet.

In the 5 years of POM + tours, we've seen her at her best and her worst. We could all agree the peak was in 2016 at the beginning of POM 2.0, and eventually became what she became in 2018. The tics always come up, the messing up with her hair, with her outfits, etc. So it's not being negative, is staying real so we don't get disappointed when all these things start happening.

Yes, the moves are totally Britney's, and they're really bad, not just because they look bad, but because we can see how forced and not fluid they are. Trying to fit 58 movements in half a second, like she does for Coupure Électrique will only make her forget the whole thing and end up all nervous, skipping the stage as she's been doing the last year. And I'm totally ok with that :beynah: I paid for my Domination tickets expecting 2018 Summer Tour quality, so I'm not expecting more than that. If it ends up being an excellent show, well, that'll be a plus. 

If you bring statistics and past experience into this I'd even feel discouraged to stay positive lol But I never put what happened in the past into consideration, there's always a possibility of things ending up differently. You're not inside Britney's head, this show might be her real comeback, we're not sure what's going through her mind, her energy suggests her mind is in the right place so I prefer to think as positively as I can. I'm not a child I won't get upset if it's 100% opposite what I expected so I find that expecting the best for everything is always better. I'm not gonna cloud my mind now because Exhale has documented her past 5 years based on her energy level. I'm actually  very excited this time around. 

1 hour ago, claug326 said:

They mark the floor with tape in the shape of the stage and props. That will never be an issue. The chorography is made for the stage, not modified after the fact.

but I think they can always change their minds (no seas cortés) once they start rehearsing on the actual stage, like they ended up doing with Toxic in POM.

She was doing a full choreo in IABJ when she was alone with the choreographer at the studio, but at the end we got all this more theatrical thing which I wouldn't doubt they come up with once they were onstage and saw all the distance she had to walk from one side to the other, or from the back to the front.

I mean, for more that they want to pretend they have the props and measure the distances and stuff, first of all, the studio would have to have exactly the same space as the stage, and then they would have to have perfect measurment and have all the props by now, like exactly knowing how big or small they're gonna be at the end. I mean, maybe they are robots and have all this contemplated already, but to me it sounds logical that is more than likely that they end up "fixing" things once they start rehearsing at the theater.

5 minutes ago, PieceofBritney said:

If you bring statistics and past experience into this I'd even feel discouraged to stay positive lol But I never put what happened in the past into consideration, there's always a possibility of things ending up differently. You're not inside Britney's head, this show might be her real comeback, we're not sure what's going through her mind, her energy suggests her mind is in the right place so I prefer to think as positively as I can. I'm not a child I won't get upset if it's 100% opposite what I expected so I find that expecting the best for everything is always better. I'm not gonna cloud my mind now because Exhale has documented her past 5 years based on her energy level. I'm actually  very excited this time around. 

Well, I am excited too because at least I know the costumes and the backdrops and lighting and everything is gonna be different, the dancers, and such. And I know there can always be a resurrection, like it happened in 2016, but I don't think it'll happen just yet, and is not just judging from the past, I'm judging what I'm seeing on those Instagram clips, and it doesn't seem very far from what she did at the end of POM, as someone said, the improvised/compulsive moves now made official.

Archived