Watch Britney Spears And James Corden Sing Brit's Iconic Hits On "Carpool Karaoke"

Jordan Miller

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I'm really happy that Britney did this! I don't think she would have even considered doing something like this back in 2011. She's definitely gaining her confidence back and shedding a little bit of the awkwardness. But...

I still cringe when she was asked about the meaning of "Oops..." and she blatantly said that she "didn't know" and that "it was just a song." JUST A SONG!? WTF! I guess her music is only iconic to us and not to her. Honestly, I bang my head against the wall anytime an interviewer asks her a question about her music, art, creative process, etc. and she can't give a clear answer. It honestly gives the impression that she really has no idea what goes on with her music and that she isn't really putting any effort into it. I get that Britney's strength has always been in being a performer and not a musician - the music was simply always a product in the background to allow her to do what she does best - dance and perform. But still, if you're recording music wouldn't you at least know what you're recording and what kind of message it sends... or is she literally just being told what to sing and singing words into a microphone in a recording studio?

Sorry about the rant. It just frustrates me that she has always gotten flack for not being a "real" artist, and when she says things like this it's like she's proving them right and ******** on her own legacy.

3 minutes ago, Sliver said:

That's what i remember, there was a thread about it a long long time ago, that it was edited to sound bad 

I don't know, it sounds pretty legit to me, it just sounds vocal comped (taking the best takes), :umomg:

And when compared to the final version, it doesn't sound as heavily edited.

34 minutes ago, Kevney said:

Wasn't the recording session Myah though?

No, I listened to the stems. There's Britney vox, but it's mainly the verses.

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Passengerney said:

I've never thought that she couldn't sing, she didn't surprise me at all I knew she could sing like that. What makes me a little sad is that she doesn't trust herself sometimes and I'm like Britney just go for it!!! Your vocals are amazing, let go!!!:bigkiss:

It doesnt help the fact that her reputation is known as more a dancer than singer. I mean that would kill my confidence too but critics are applauding her voice on glory so I hope this gives her more confidence. I mean she sounded so smooth, I was pretty impressed especially when she can still do the BOMT voice.

Just now, puppylo16 said:

It doesnt help the fact that her reputation is known as more a dancer than singer. I mean that would kill my confidence too but critics are applauding her voice on glory so I hope this gives her more confidence. I mean she sounded so smooth, I was pretty impressed especially when she can still do the BOMT voice.

Yes and i saw that she responded to a fan who complimented her vocals on the album today and she responded saying that it meant a lot to her. So yeah she just needs to loosen up with her voice, it's good and she shouldn't hide it. A couple of ballads in Vegas from time to time wouldn't hurt

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, Applejack said:

orbit said that was not the real deal. he likes britney, he wouldn't like and produce someone who can't sing i think.

Yeah cuz didnt Anthony Preston worked on the vocals? I mean we all heard the demo and she sounded great, maybe off key but it doesnt sound bad.

• Super Mods
6 minutes ago, Passengerney said:

Yes and i saw that she responded to a fan who complimented her vocals on the album today and she responded saying that it meant a lot to her. So yeah she just needs to loosen up with her voice, it's good and she shouldn't hide it. A couple of ballads in Vegas from time to time wouldn't hurt

Awww, I'm glad that person said that rather than the generic fan praising. Shes getting so much positivity with this album , I really do hope this encourages her to expand and test out her voice.

Archived