Watch Britney Spears And James Corden Sing Brit's Iconic Hits On "Carpool Karaoke"

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Queen of karaoke.

britney-spears-carpool-karaoke-video-james-corden-late-late-show

Britney Spears and James Corden laugh through the streets of Los Angeles in Brits much anticipated appearance on "Carpool Karaoke."

The Late Late Show promised a glitzy appearance from the princess of pop, and they delivered. Britney and Corden cruised down the 101 bopping along to some of Brit's biggest hits like "Oops!... I Did It Again," "Womanizer," "Toxic," "Baby One More Time" (Corden hilariously dons her iconic pigtails) and her lead Glory song "Make Me."

Before the skit aired, CBS teased a clip of Britney and Corden bopping along to her 2003 hit "Toxic," which showed the "Slumber Party" singer mouthing the words. It set fans in a frenzy wondering if the pop star would sing at all. Fortunately, one of the show's producers caught wind of the controversy and cleared the air.

"Britney Spears was a bit shy and got a bit of a shock" The Late Late Show's executive producer Ben Winston explained. He added: " wasn't convinced the star had seen any previous carpool episodes, I think she'd just heard it was a big thing, so she got a bit of a shock."

Fortunately, Britney does NOT disappoint.

Watch below:

Mood for life:

tumblr_oce5sqRJol1thxcgeo2_250.gif

Thoughts on Britney's appearance? Let us know in Exhale.

If you haven't already, register an account in Exhale and chat with thousands of pop music lovers.
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  1. Adele (122.892.210 m)
  2. Justin Bieber (89.291.161 m)
  3. One Direction (80.026.563 m)
  4. Sia (58.893.812 m)
  5. Justin Bieber Vol. 2 (51.196.586 m)
  6. Jennifer Lopez (48.663.537 m)
  7. Selena Gomez (43.504.174 m)
  8. Iggy Azalea (41.788.982 m)
  9. Michelle Obama (40.314.125 m)
  10. Gwen Stefani (33.745.125 m)

Those numbers seem odd. I would place Selena much higher considering her status. But I guess this shows how the carpool karaoke goes much more worldwide in views than only by US popularity, that's why Sia and JLo are much higher than Selena in numbers. Its also a good thing to point out the top 3 are much higher than the 4-10 positions in views, because their fanbase is super strong right now, some of the biggest.

I think we can safely expect Britney to surpass Gwen, Michelle, and Iggy. I think the Selena numbers are really low for who she is, but that may be because she's not very famous worldwide as much as she is in the US right now. I think Brit will be among the 5-7 position, maybe knocking down Justin Bieber's volume 2. If she sings live or get to sing a really old song, I think we may have a hit in our hands and get her to the top 3, I believe it. But safely, she'll be placed at least at number 7-8. Place your bets and bookmark this thread.

:orangu: at people thinking she won't actually sing live in ******* CAR POOL KARAOKE! What the **** else is she gonna do? Just move her mouth and not make any sound in a car with a camera in her face? The only reason you do this skit is to sing live with that dude and answer his questions. :zoomzoom:

5 minutes ago, QtBlackMan said:

:orangu: at people thinking she won't actually sing live in ******* CAR POOL KARAOKE! What the **** else is she gonna do? Just move her mouth and not make any sound in a car with a camera in her face? The only reason you do this skit is to sing live with that dude and answer his questions. :zoomzoom:

have you met britneys team?

giphy.gif

you can expect them to edit out her vocals because they think it doesnt sound that great

they can photoshop her whole head on after effects so they get that fresh look

they can kill people... in japan :bpo:

2 minutes ago, QtBlackMan said:

I wouldn't doubt Britney and her team tbh :orangu:

Okay so you guys have a point. But come on! She's gonna sing live! Seriously, the entire country would have a meltdown and destroy her if she was the only person to appear on this show and actually not sing! I'm sorry I might be done after that. But it's not gonna happen she will sing live!:clap:

9 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

Something iconic needs to happen during the shooting tbh, like JLo for example has all those views because of that call she made and it was all over the media and etc etc. 

I really do hope you guys are right about this giving sales a boost tho, I've never actually watched his show before.

she should call christina!

imagine the VIEWS?

:pensiveney:

:yesplease:

:gobaby:

:orangu2:

Archived