Lady Gaga's Chromatica Ball Tour

• Content Curators

she literally explained how the stage correlated to chromatica

thank god she didnt come through w/ some cheesy colorful mess u would see at a katy concert

chromatica was made at a time where she was suffering a lot, and the lyrics of the album are so dark but perhaps some people cant dive deeper bc they assume its all happy bc its dance music :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

"stage was inspired by "brutalist architecture, materials, textures, crudity, transparency."

As seen in the photos circulating online, Chromatica Ball's stage features a bare concrete design, which appears to be an abandoned building.

Speaking about the meaning behind the architecture, Gaga added, that it's "a real savage and hard look at yourself, and what you've been through."

makes perfect sense 

she always comes w something unique 

• Love 8

meh I didn't even like Chromatica that much, but I feel like the concert seems rather short? Yet I don't know how long her concerts usually are.

From the clips I saw last page, the most interesting to me was Monster. I was once obsessed with that song, then I never heard it again since 2011 or so lol which is what happens to me with most Lady Gaga songs (the ones I get to like).

I think, as a non-Gaga stan, what I feel is that after seeing her dress like a fancy lady for the past few years, now this persona with the strange makeup and hairstyle and the extravagant outfits, just doesn't feel authentic anymore? Like it seems too forced, when it the past it just made sense because she was would dress weird everywhere on or off stage. 

And about the concert itself maybe if she performed more songs off Chromatica it would've felt a bit more complete 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Ok, so I read so comments here and I beg to differ to some extend;

• vocals 11/10
  • choreo 7/10
  • setlist is acceptable (Althoug I'd like to see her perform more Chromatica songs → Sine From Above, Fun Tonight etc.)
  • stage 10/10

Sour Candy is to me nothing without BLACKPINK part (don't get me twisted, it's one of my fav off Chromatica but it felt so meh without them). Yet Gaga seemed to think that she ate her Sour Candy dance break up.

Glad that she included Monster in her setlist but why does it feel like she does greatest hits show (she has been doing that for some time now). I mean, she always plays Telephone (which can see itself out without Beyoncé) or LoveGame. I get PF, BD or JD (these are a must) but why on earth she does not include anything else from other albums. She played Scheisse, Bloody Mary during JWT and started Coachella with Scheisse; where is it now? To me, it would fit into the theme or Judas (she almost didn't performed during artRave). Why does she ignore her other works and plays mostly greatest hits and not favourites (like even Alejandro instead of Telephone would be better, John Wayne or Million Reasons instead of one of those ballands, Venus would be nice too). However, those are only my thoughts and this is Gaga's project and her expression through her art so whatever.

ALSO I read somewhere that Ariana is filming something in the UK, so rumour has it that she'll perform Rain On Me with Gaga in London. Elton John should join too and perform Sine From Above with Gaga in London. Yet, given that it was rumoured that Beyonc was supposed to perform with Gaga in Germany and nothing happened, I would take this with a graint of salt. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 1

This should be called Recycled Ball cause I dont see any Chromatica inspired visuals, colors, costumes.

Its again, black, red, black and white, latex

Standing for all Bad Romance, Standing and laying down for all Alice :/

Choreography looks almost the same for each song

Disappointment 

I like the stage, the vocals, most of the costumes (didn't like the golden one and the one for Stupid Love). The visuals were stunning. 

I'm a bit disappointed by the setlist. It lacks some very good songs from Chromatica, there are too many ballads (like ok for Shallow but the rest, especially hold my hand are a no for me.) She has some ballads that would fit more the Chromatica vibe  (Sine From Above in a ballad version would have been better or as the final). 

Chromatica was the album that could easily associate many songs from the previous ones (Scheibe, Judas, Marry the Night, Venus, Aura, ***xx Dreams, Applause etc etc). She failed to put on a good setlist for the shows. 

The choreographies are not that good either. The first act is just Gaga moving in circles to sing BR, JD and PF and it is pretty boring. 

She should watch Mylene Farmer's shows because she does a very dark aesthetic shows, with good vocals and simple but efficient choreos. She should get inspired. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Groundbreaking said:

Sour Candy is to me nothing without BLACKPINK part (don't get me twisted, it's one of my fav off Chromatica but it felt so meh without them). Yet Gaga seemed to think that she ate her Sour Candy dance break up.

Agree the performance was lacking something and the dance break was cringe. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

meh I didn't even like Chromatica that much, but I feel like the concert seems rather short? Yet I don't know how long her concerts usually are.

I mean, it probably is because she only does 20 (?) songs when in the past it's usually been a few more songs. And long speeches at the piano ddd. Pretty sure Monster Ball and Born This Way Ball were almost two hours in total.

She seemed to finish the Dusselfolf show after 11pm German time but there's no way she can finish at that time in London as outdoor venues here have a curfew of 10:30-10:45pm. Fingers crossed she isn't late or doesn't have to cut any songs lol

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Isla said:

I mean, it probably is because she only does 20 (?) songs when in the past it's usually been a few more songs. And long speeches at the piano ddd. Pretty sure Monster Ball and Born This Way Ball were almost two hours in total.

She seemed to finish the Dusselfolf show after 11pm German time but there's no way she can finish at that time in London as outdoor venues here have a curfew of 10:30-10:45pm. Fingers crossed she isn't late or doesn't have to cut any songs lol

I'm gutted it'll still be light when the show starts in London and there is no retractable roof!

• Love 1

I liked the aesthetic, especially the opening monologue, she looked hauntingly gorgeous! 

I just have one critique, on some parts of the songs she should just lip sync. I think it’s great she sings live, but sometimes she sounds out of breath and it doesn’t always sound good.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

From the clips I saw last page, the most interesting to me was Monster. I was once obsessed with that song, then I never heard it again since 2011 or so lol which is what happens to me with most Lady Gaga songs (the ones I get to like).

I think, as a non-Gaga stan, what I feel is that after seeing her dress like a fancy lady for the past few years, now this persona with the strange makeup and hairstyle and the extravagant outfits, just doesn't feel authentic anymore? Like it seems too forced, when it the past it just made sense because she was would dress weird everywhere on or off stage. 

And about the concert itself maybe if she performed more songs off Chromatica it would've felt a bit more complete 

exactly this !!!!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Isla said:

When I went to see her for the ArtRave the show was 2h20-2h40. She sang more or less 26 songs and with a 10 minutes speech at the piano. That's probably why people find it short.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

she literally explained how the stage correlated to chromatica

thank god she didnt come through w/ some cheesy colorful mess u would see at a katy concert

chromatica was made at a time where she was suffering a lot, and the lyrics of the album are so dark but perhaps some people cant dive deeper bc they assume its all happy bc its dance music :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

"stage was inspired by "brutalist architecture, materials, textures, crudity, transparency."

As seen in the photos circulating online, Chromatica Ball's stage features a bare concrete design, which appears to be an abandoned building.

Speaking about the meaning behind the architecture, Gaga added, that it's "a real savage and hard look at yourself, and what you've been through."

makes perfect sense 

she always comes w something unique 

Am I the only one who thinks the stage doesn't fit the album's theme? I meant it looks more like it would suit the BTWB tour since the bare concrete look would match BTW's 80s Rock music themes a lot better imo. I expected something more... space-esque I guess?

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block