Lady Gaga's Chromatica Ball Tour

The show is a bad show. 

Let's put some stuff into perspective. This is a show that had two plus years of planning, and has been postponed twice.

There was no overall theme or vision for this show, and Gaga couldn't have been less engaged for the majority of it. There was no correlation to the album, but even the interludes failed to connect the show. The setlist could have been a greatest hits show, which is a failure in itself when the Chromatica album is literally 30 minutes long....

An opening number needs to make a statement. Standing in a vase structure for the entire number got dull very fast. Chromatic 1 into Alice was the highlight of the show, but once again, Gaga just lay there on a structure for a song.

After this, we run into the same old Richy Jackson issues; there's no theatrics or staging. It's just a dance number, that feels cliche at this point. There were no new mixes of music, it's the same old same old. The outfits went downhill after Sour Candy. That gold Lamé Babylon look, being a three piece reveal was bland. Nothing happened in Free Woman, and then she sat down at the piano to do what was effectively the most drawn out piano set she's ever performed, and it's here that the show died a painful death.

The outfit was a mess, which is a shame because that headpiece was used in the album art, and the leotard was used in the Haus Labs advert. There was no spectacle for the rest of the show. Enigma was performed on a microphone, like it was a 60k people karaoke night...

...and then she put shorts and a jacket over her leotard to perform both album singles back to back, but lacking any passion, and then ended on possibly her worst song...only for her to walk off stage in her weakest exit ever. The fans on the livestream were so confused as to whether or not the show was over.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

The show is a bad show. 

Let's put some stuff into perspective. This is a show that had two plus years of planning, and has been postponed twice.

There was no overall theme or vision for this show, and Gaga couldn't have been less engaged for the majority of it. There was no correlation to the album, but even the interludes failed to connect the show. The setlist could have been a greatest hits show, which is a failure in itself when the Chromatica album is literally 30 minutes long....

An opening number needs to make a statement. Standing in a vase structure for the entire number got dull very fast. Chromatic 1 into Alice was the highlight of the show, but once again, Gaga just lay there on a structure for a song.

After this, we run into the same old Richy Jackson issues; there's no theatrics or staging. It's just a dance number, that feels cliche at this point. There were no new mixes of music, it's the same old same old. The outfits went downhill after Sour Candy. That gold Lamé Babylon look, being a three piece reveal was bland. Nothing happened in Free Woman, and then she sat down at the piano to do what was effectively the most drawn out piano set she's ever performed, and it's here that the show died a painful death.

The outfit was a mess, which is a shame because that headpiece was used in the album art, and the leotard was used in the Haus Labs advert. There was no spectacle for the rest of the show. Enigma was performed on a microphone, like it was a 60k people karaoke night...

...and then she put shorts and a jacket over her leotard to perform both album singles back to back, but lacking any passion, and then ended on possibly her worst song...only for her to walk off stage in her weakest exit ever. The fans on the livestream were so confused as to whether or not the show was over.

I saw a few clips and I agree that Gaga didn't seem excited. I feel like something was missing. I loved Monster and the piano ballads. Maybe she will get better as the tour wents by.

2 minutes ago, warioaddams said:

I saw a few clips and I agree that Gaga didn't seem excited. I feel like something was missing. I loved Monster and the piano ballads. Maybe she will get better as the tour wents by.

Monster was literally recycled from over a decade move for move from the Monster Ball. The entire show had no new remixes, limited new choreography and the new choreography felt recycled. This is a brand new show that was supposed to take place in 2020. What did they do for two years?

• Like 1

Gaga fired Richy, he's not dancing with and his Instagram is private, but before it went private, all lady gaga pics and bts of Chromatica was removed and she unfollowed him, same with Ariana grande and a few other pop stars..

I had a feeling shes more like behind the scenes, was taking care of it, not firing him right away cos she wants ti maje sure it's true and not lies.

Unfortunate cos of Johnny Depp, people are now questioning the victims saying how do we know your not lying!  Cos amber proved to be one, and we can't be into benefit of the doubt anymore 

• Love 1

I’ve saw a lot of people who even had golden circle say they couldn’t even see her…

She also apparently only briefly used one ot the runways once.

I’ve heard a lot of negativity about not being able to see the stage, even when close. I’ve also saw a lot of negativity about too many ballads and the closing song.

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Gaga fired Richy, he's not dancing with and his Instagram is private, but before it went private, all lady gaga pics and bts of Chromatica was removed and she unfollowed him, same with Ariana grande and a few other pop stars..

I had a feeling shes more like behind the scenes, was taking care of it, not firing him right away cos she wants ti maje sure it's true and not lies.

Unfortunate cos of Johnny Depp, people are now questioning the victims saying how do we know your not lying!  Cos amber proved to be one, and we can't be into benefit of the doubt anymore 

I just checked her IG and Gaga is following him :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block