Lady Gaga's Chromatica Ball Tour

13 minutes ago, theosgrlt said:

When I went to see her for the ArtRave the show was 2h20-2h40. She sang more or less 26 songs and with a 10 minutes speech at the piano. That's probably why people find it short.

Was it really that long? I remember my show was long but not sure if it was THAT long 

20 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

she literally explained how the stage correlated to chromatica

thank god she didnt come through w/ some cheesy colorful mess u would see at a katy concert

chromatica was made at a time where she was suffering a lot, and the lyrics of the album are so dark but perhaps some people cant dive deeper bc they assume its all happy bc its dance music :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

"stage was inspired by "brutalist architecture, materials, textures, crudity, transparency."

As seen in the photos circulating online, Chromatica Ball's stage features a bare concrete design, which appears to be an abandoned building.

Speaking about the meaning behind the architecture, Gaga added, that it's "a real savage and hard look at yourself, and what you've been through."

makes perfect sense 

she always comes w something unique 

It's very easy to add artistry to the bare minimum after its been made. Ultimately, the theme last about 30 seconds and then Gaga basically recycles a decade of content, from choreography to backdrops. There is no theme, or vision to this show and it gets worse as it progresses.

We can all hate on Katy as much as we want, but Ultimately, her current has a very clear and clean vision and theme from start to finish. 

Look, this show has been in the works for nearly three years, releasing an album with early 2000's Sci-fi and video game inspired visuals that she ditched immediately is one thing, but let's not pretend this show set is simple by choice, when everything else is half assed on Gaga and her teams end.

27 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

It's very easy to add artistry to the bare minimum after its been made. Ultimately, the theme last about 30 seconds and then Gaga basically recycles a decade of content, from choreography to backdrops. There is no theme, or vision to this show and it gets worse as it progresses.

Look, this show has been in the works for nearly three years, releasing an album with early 2000's Sci-fi and video game inspired visuals that she ditched immediately is one thing, but let's not pretend this show set is simple by choice, when everything else is half assed on Gaga and her teams end.

The show (stage) is simple by choice because brutalism actually goes along with what the album is about. As someone said already, yes we all expected a shiny, pink, glittered s*it 'cause that's how the album sounds but the meaning behind it is all pain, suffering and ultimately finding a spark in all of that. Brutalism is a post-war movement whose foundation was based on cheap, raw rebuilding of what was destroyed and on Chromatica, everything is about finding yourself and lifting up after some trauma. When it comes to ditching sci-fi inspired creative direction, when you look at brutalist architecture it looks futuristic so it still makes sense?

What she's doing is art/artistic expression and well that's something that's left for people to interpret and either like or dislike (both completely valid options). 

Personally, the only thing that I was disappointed with is that she missed a chance to open the tour in Germany without performing Scheiße!!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dusanxo said:

The show (stage) is simple by choice because brutalism actually goes along with what the album is about. As someone said already, yes we all expected a shiny, pink, glittered s*it 'cause that's how the album sounds but the meaning behind it is all pain, suffering and ultimately finding a spark in all of that. Brutalism is a post-war movement whose foundation was based on cheap, raw rebuilding of what was destroyed and on Chromatica, everything is about finding yourself and lifting up after some trauma. When it comes to ditching sci-fi inspired creative direction, when you look at brutalist architecture it looks futuristic so it still makes sense?

What she's doing is art/artistic expression and well that's something that's left for people to interpret and either like or dislike (both completely valid options). 

Personally, the only thing that I was disappointed with is that she missed a chance to open the tour in Germany without performing Scheiße!!!

I understand the supposed use of a brutalist style, but I cannot buy it as a deliberate and purposeful use of it when there was no new choreography or remixes of her older work, no theatrics for her newer work, questionable outfit choices (the haus labs black latex leotard and the album art headpiece was slapped together backstage, let's be real, followed by a basic leather jacket, ending the show with a ripped t-shirt put over an outfit she was wearing for the last 30 minutes of the show). This is all before I start talking about how haphazard the introduction feels, and I believe its old footage from the Monster Ball (The City Interlude by Nick Knight).

I could believe it was a deliberate choice if the theme continued for more than three songs, but this show is lacking in every department. Eventually when everything is lacking, you have to question the simplicity; was it a choice or was it a result of bad planning and rushed ideas.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dusanxo said:

I think we can agree that she took the brutalism aspect to a bare minimum. Just search brutalism on Google Image and you'll see crazier/unique style. 

Don't get me wrong I like the stage but it's 100% a bare minimum effort on the brutalism movement. 

• Love 1

Its a Chromatica Ball without Chromatica

All you get is recycled costumes ( how many times will we see black latex with pointy shoulders and fake blood), recycled visuals and recycled choreography

It will be great for those who probably never saw her, but if you have seen her previous tours, you basically seen this all before ...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block