Britney expresses her anger towards documentaries about her and that it was her voice that freed her from the conservatorship: HELPING ME? REALLY?

Other people are taking credit for getting Britney out of the con??? Oh my, unless their name is Matthew Rosengart I’m afraid they have no case. And even that may be stretching it. It was all Britney, she finally got the leverage to get herself out of it. She had a plan and she waited for the right time to put it into action, and it worked. Anyone else taking credit for getting her free is just so frustrating. Least of all the unauthorized documentaries that she clearly does not appreciate! 

side note: oo y is she coming for will smith? :shake_excited_pink_bounce_yay_pumped_anxious:

2 minutes ago, MikeMasi said:

So we shouldn’t take pictures of celebrities? That’s fine, then moving forward any Paparazzi or fans should be jailed for taking pictures of celebrities. Is that what you’re saying? 

Britney is not being treated a human because…why? A documentary opened up by explaining why she was put into a conservatorship and then explained that it was corrupt. 

I didn't mean that. And I don't want to fight.

For example: I don't think that any person (famous or not) should be followed by cameras when they are in an ambulance. I don't think that anyone should laugh at someone who is going through something bad in their life (famous or not).

• Like 1

I understand her. I still think those documentaries made the GP more aware of the situation though and probably helped her even more in getting the c-ship to end. Before then it was just mainly the fans pushing the #FreeBritney movement.

Still so sad she feels that way though :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 3
Just now, Addicted_Heart said:

I didn't mean that. And I don't want to fight.

For example: I don't think that any person (famous or not) should be followed by cameras when they are in an ambulance. I don't think that anyone should laugh at someone who is going through something bad in their life (famous or not).

Agree 100%

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Appreciate your perspective and the kind words. 🙏 

Also...

Nobody knew how this was going to play out!

The documentaries very well could have influenced the direction of the court case! 
:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Unfortunately, Ingham happened to fold, Lynne had her own motivations, and James Parnell's legal team is ruthless.

Ingham could have risen to the occasion and continued making power moves — but he turtled. And Lynne could have filed to terminate — but she was likely aiming to continue the CON herself.

So no, don't feel bad...Everyone associated with the docs had good intentions.

I think over time Britney will realize that herself. She just has a lot of healing to do.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

But we are not attacking her, we are expressing that we don’t share her views about the documentaries. We are entitled to have an opinion on a subject we’ve supported for years.

Just because I am a fan doesn’t mean that I’ll support blindly what she publicly expresses.

Welcome to exhale. You can’t disagree with her otherwise you are “attacking her.”

• Love 3
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

It’s a difficult situation/dilemma because these documentaries did indeed raise a lot of public awareness, and it could be said that they did actually contribute to her being freed from her conservatorship. I don’t believe they were made with bad intentions, and the one with Jordan in particularly is very informative and comes from a good place. I feel bad that he now feels guilty and like he did something wrong by being a part of it.

At the same time, we can’t tell people what to feel about the way they feel ESPECIALLY when the subject in discussion is their actual life and past! So if Britney feels the way she feels about them then that’s how it is, and I believe her own personal Instagram page is hers alone for her to express these thoughts. No one should really be policing how others feel about things that actually concern them and their past.

So basically, I’m on the fence as usual! 🤣

No but you're right, at the end of the day Rosengart IS using the NYT investigations in the case (the published ones though) so it's not like they're completely ignoring the work of those journalists. Maybe Britney's point is there was no point in making the visual documentaries and gathering that footage (even though NYT were more cautious about it, yet the first one was directed towards the infamous picture)

Like, if the documentaries were solely about the conservatorship, her dad, Lou, etc, probably she would feel more grateful. But since they barely scratched the surface and there's so much more we apparently don't know and doesn't show in the docs, that's probably why she feels they were unnecessary. 

The point was supposedly to expose her team, why did we have to bring up the years prior to conservatorship? Probably some may say for context, Britney would obviously think otherwise.

So yeah, the people who did the documentaries have all the right to do whatever they want, and if it's journalistically, they don't beed the subject's permission, but so does Britney when it comes to her feelings regarding her own life. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I don't think you should feel bad for participating in the docs. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Not at all.

As a documentary director myself, I've always felt that I could change the world by making movies...But I've learned the hard way over time that consent is an important element to making films about other people's lives — especially when there's trauma involved. So much so that I may be focusing my Ph.D. dissertation on the topic of consent and documentary filmmaking.

I think B is right that the documentaries didn't help spring her from the conservatorship...I say that looking at it from a legal perspective. They really didn't have an impact on the moves that the various lawyers were making in the court in any significant way. 

However...

Documentaries do help to change public perception...I think those docs will help to change the probate system in the long run. 

And that's just as important!

Britney has resources...Other people don't. 

Britney's story can help change the lives of millions of people trapped in similar situations for many decades to come.

You did good, Jordan. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

@Steel Magnolia @Jordan Miller I admire both of you.

• Love 4
Just now, amiro1989 said:

But one of the documentaries starts with that fact; that she was bullied for years, that she was abused by society and the media did not help. Even her peers did not help. 

I mean, I don't think we can ever expect Britney to have a rational way of seeing these documentaries, which is completely understandable. The good news however, is that she has control over the narrative going forward, and I hope she takes that into consideration.

However, we frame her life, the fact that she was bullied is not something she will ever be able to change. Of course, she should always feel safe to voice how she feels about that, but I think she might be leading a fight for which she'll never find solace. It will always be a painful period of her life, and sadly for her, this period falls in the midst of her adulthood. 

Saying the media is evil, is not a fair assessment of the situation. I remember how people talked about Britney prior to the conservatorship, and people were ******* awful; wishing her death, and saying how fat she had become. I remember crying about how cruel people were. Today, I still hear some people saying terrible stuff about her, and I honestly don't feel like we've changed much. Unfortunately, I do feel like sometimes it's in human nature to gang up and pick someone to tear apart. That doesn't make it okay, nor should we accept it, but I feel like if it's not Britney, it'll be someone else that will get that same treatment. Thankfully, we seem to have a better education as a whole, but it just seems mostly like the problem only takes another form, but ultimately, it always comes down to how miserable people feel about themselves. 

I know but see all those images of her traumatic past must have been crazy for her. She doesn't want to be remembered about all bullying she has suffered. That's the point. The second documentary made by NYT was ok but the first one NO. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, MikeMasi said:

I still can’t understand how she can be upset about documentaries bringing up the past? They informed the viewer of why she was put in a conservatorship. We all agree that it should’ve never happen, but she made the mistakes in the past and now she wants to complain that it’s being brought up. It’s part of being a celebrity. And yet, they shook everything up and it became huge for her, which also led to her freedom.

Probably because she was left scarred/embarrassed by some of the footage included in the documentaries?

Obviously I think the docs did a good job at raising awareness of what she was going through, but I can understand WHY she doesn't feel that way. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 7
Just now, Slayer said:

Get a grip, you're not a child.

You can think different to Britney, just respect her opinion. Her feelings are valid, it is her life after all.

Instead you, in particular tend to troll when it comes to Britney and there are many instances I can pull receipts :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

Im just saying other people feel the same way I do, clearly.

To call me a troll is ridiculous. I’ve been a fan on here forever and supported her.  That’s all I’m saying 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I mean she literally tried for 13 years to get the **** out of the conservatorship with no success but then these documentaries come along and people want them to get the credit for her being freed? **** that. I completely agree with Britney. She advocated for herself behind closed doors the entire time she was stuck with those abusive scumbags. She survived 13 1/2 years of that **** and got out on her own with the help of the movement not with people CONSTANTLY rehashing her past.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, MikeMasi said:

Im just saying other people feel the same way I do, clearly.

To call me a troll is ridiculous. I’ve been a fan on here forever and supported her.  That’s all I’m saying 

Yes you're such a 'supportive fan'...:grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

On 5/11/2022 at 1:53 PM, MikeMasi said:

No dear, she doesn’t visibly look well. 

You should all want better for her and not praise it. 

• Love 3

...phew... She's always nitpicking without seeing the bigger picture.

And that is her past, I can only hope someday she can say for good that's what THEY did to me. And she wouldn't have been that person if she weren't framed in the wrong light and bent under the pressure of media and a management that disbursed her of her power as a musician, that's what I saw in the documentaries. A woman that was alone against the world and the wolves that wanted to see her trip, stripped of the power she once had and the spark that made her Britney. Only monsters could do that.

Most of the people only saw the pictures in the tabloids but not that there were hundreds of paparazzi waiting for her everywhere to get a hundred dollar shot back in the day.

It's THEIR fault and she has time to comprehend what's been done to her for years and how she wants to cope with it. But nitpicking about the documentaries because they depicture and explain the workings of her past and what lead to the con with the pictures that were in the press back then... It's her thing, but I'm not sure if it's beneficial for her to think like that. Honestly I'd be happy to have someone entangle my life and show me what lead to where I'm now and partly that it's not her fault for having been in that situation.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block