Britney expresses her anger towards documentaries about her and that it was her voice that freed her from the conservatorship: HELPING ME? REALLY?

16 hours ago, Johanpapz said:

You guys are so delusional... Can you guys remind me what happened after the docs was aired???

A little clue...

N

O

T

H

I

N

G

Britney is now free because of her bravery and because M. Rosengart heard her testimony and wanted to take the case!!! He said it himself!

Free Britney movement was amazing to watch but let's be honest we weren't enough powerful to do anything, except make people talk about it! But it was just... TALK!

Britney said herself fans saved her life (even if, like I said above, I don't agree with that), she said she didn't like the docs, she didn't talk about the fans so why are you acting like she had spit right in your faces?

Just a reminder, NETFLIX and NYT ARE NOT VOLUNTARY ASSOCIATIONS FIGHTING AGAINST ABUSIVES CONSERVATORSHIP!!! It's a media platform above all! It's what they sell! What they do to earn MONEY! You guys are so delusional seriously to think they did it because they wanted to save Britney! Because another reminder... Before the Free Britney movement who wanted to do documentaries about it??? Another clue...

N

O

B

O

D

Y

And why? Because no public interest for that subject = 0 view, so they let her get abused till' Free Britney movement for years and years!!!

Do you know all the pain and the hardships she had to endure during these 13 damn years? No you don't, only Britney know!

Britney was dealing it aloooooooooooone! With no help! Being a f * cking drugged slave while all Hollywood knew something was wrong, crying for help everyday but at people turning their backs!!! She had lost so much, money, times with her kids, etc... Who wanted to make documentaries at that time about her painful slavery "life", if we can even call that a life?

Also, do you remember the little fight between NYT and Netflix about the release date? Another proof that It's all about MONEY, not about doing the right thing, wake up!!! HOW MANY DOCS THEY DID ABOUT ABUSIVE CONSERVATORSHIP before Britney's case? So many people, sad souls are abused right now and so many before, who helped them? Nobody because they didn't and don't have a movement for supporting them aka people aka views!!!

Britney may be hard and raw in her words but it's because she knows the exactly thruth that most people don't want to see because they want to live in their bubbles! Some of you really don't know how to have the right empathy, don't you? Can you put yourself in her shoes for a sec... Just for a sec... About the story of this woman in the Netflix doc, saying she met Britney at a hostel toilets. I don't remember exactly the story but didn't she said she promised Britney to help her at any cost? Now can you imagine all the fear, the hope in Britney's heart at this moment and after? She may even get punished for that. You put all of your trust in somebody and wait for days, weeks, weeks turn into months and then into years... And you think in your head "where is this woman who promised to help me? Is she will come and free me one day? When? I'm sure she will, I trust her!" But nothing happened...

Years after, when you find real help and everything is almost over, you saw THIS WOMAN on your tv screen, crying and saying "I promised i'll help her and I failed..." ok but why you didn't do anything before? Why releasing a doc only at the end of my nightmare? It's f* cking useless... If I was Britney I will be pissed of too... But you guys didn't lived the disappointment so you don't want and can't understand... That's it!

IF BRITNEY HAD SAID SOMETHING BAD ABOUT THE FANS I WILL BE SO UPSET, BUT ABOUT THE DOCS I CAN TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!

All the credits are for Britney and her lawyer and nobody else!

The other things were just smoke...

Free Britney movement was beautiful to watch again and it was true support, the docs were not!

Preach baby 💛

• Love 3

Britney is entitled to feel however way she wants to about these docs, they are about her. Let’s think about it from her perspective too. It may not even be the content of these films she’s angry about, but more-so that people are taking liberties into their own hands and choosing to speaking for her, and ultimately profiting from it. That’s twisted.. 

So, I think the odd thing about "being a fan" is that it's freaking weird all in itself. People cling onto a projected image of someone that has pieces of the real person, but.it's not the real person. 

She is clearly not healed and nobody can tell her how to do so or when -if it happens, cause it might not, but also, we all have the freedom to simply stop following anything related to her. I get it, the pull and push of hoping for someone to be what and how we expect, is a bit intoxicating. One wishes there was a respectful conversation, but most people are way too invested on their admired ones to have an engaging dialogue.

All I will say is, I totally respect her stance. Again, nobody can or should dictate how another mourns their expectations, their loses, how they process their pain. Seriously, nobody has the right. Having said that, I also understand those who find her anger overwhelming. It is and if it is from afar, imagine how it is for her. I also agree, her situation was brutal, devastating and nobody but her knows how much. Also, I look up to those who transform the darkest sides of their lives into action. I so think anyone who is in pain can get help by seeing the pain of others. Sadness and pain are selfish entities, they blind you towards anything else but your own narrative. There are people who.were tortured, whose families were killed,abused, people who have been through hell and back and they are out there helping, looking outside of themselves, but it takes time and some people will never do it. Is she privileged to be traveling every month to exotic islands every month while some people can't? Very much. But many people are hooked to their narrative and how she will deconstruct it or not is her own choice.

Do I admire what she does right now? Nope, but it's none of my business. There are a gazillion frustrated, angry people out there, it's not like she is the first on the planet. I do wish she finds her way.

• Love 1

I'm sorry she feels that way as I think the New York Times producers have been very respectful in keeping out certain footage and pictures from 07/08, and they definitely contributed to engage the general public and put pressure on the judge and everyone involving her corrupt case. 

I think she's a very proud person, which is also what drives her to wanting to be strong and independent...

• Love 5
  • Like 1

I used to be critical of the Instagram account due to how it was used, and I was cautious when the account was used to question in the documentaries in the past...

My opinion have since changed now that we know Britney is free.

If Britney dislikes the documentaries, she's perfectly entitled to voice that, because ultimately, only one of them did anything anything pre-June 23rd, and while Framing Britney Spears did help humanise her and revisit how the world treated her in the past only briefly touching on what were current affairs, it was still her past experience and traumas being shown.

The BBC documentary was atrocious in retrospect because the direct gave no weight to the concerns of fans, and chose to give more weight to opportunists like Perez Hilton; it was really framed as "Those acting in good faith" versus "Conspiracy theorists sending death threats because they're fans", and the director still hasn't made a statement about how poorly his documentary has aged or even revisited the topic of conversation.

The CNN one was never well received, on the same grounds as the BBC.

Britney then spoke out, and that truly set the ball moving for change; she got herself a lawyer who knew what he was doing and it was ended in five months.

Controlling Britney Spears and Britney V Spears came the week that Jamie was removed and did bring more shocking revelations into light, and brought eyes into the case, but regarding Britney's case in court, the game plan was only further bolstered by the recording being shared; it was still going to be remove and replace Jamie, then move to end.

While I do believe Britney's freedom was a chain of events, Britney fought for 13 years and a lot of people did sit on their hands until Britney herself spoke out. Britney has thanked fans for pushing the message at a time when her voice was silenced, and Team Spears is using relevant information in court, but everything changed after June 23rd, and July 16th. 

Producers might have requested Britney for comment, but given her situation, that couldn't happen, and they still made a choice to revisit her trauma. BvS removed footage after she made her difficulties clear.

I would hope that if any team is making a documentary, they're reaching out correctly and will honour her wishes.

I think Britney Spears is tired of people making money off of her.  She got herself out of the conservatorship.  She was never wearing yellow to send secret messages to her fans.  She was doing everything behind the scenes.  Everything was coming to a head which is exactly why all these documentaries came out in the first place.  Can people please stop making money on behalf of Britney Spears?  This is exactly the same type of **** that happened to Judy Garland.  Everyone making money off of Britney should be ashamed of themselves.  

• Love 1

I understand why she’s upset. If you put yourself in her shoes and their were unflattering photos and video footage of the most worst times in your life being put onto tv. It must be frustrating cause she wants to see her work celebrated not her personal past struggles. 

although I don’t think she understands these documentaries were done to help her. It really changed the worlds opinion on her. Those personal struggles people understood what she must’ve gone through.

I do hope one day she realises the love that is out in the world for her.   

• Love 1

I understand her point of view and I would

prob be angry as well. The documentaries did not freed her, she did, however by the end of the day, the media/the movement brought a different light into her case and because of that she was heard.

she had been to court and addressed the situation before, however nothing changed as Britney herself said during her testimony. 

Only read the first two pages because the amount of people trying to say Britney doesn’t understand her own damn situation made my blood pressure spike :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

You can understand something and still bloody hate it. And if anyone has the right to hate anything and everything media no matter what it is, it’s Britney. I can understand her frustrations. Do I think the docs helped? In terms of public pressure, yeah I do. Do I think she should be grateful? Not if she doesn’t want to be no.
I will never be able to relate to how it must feel to be torn to shreds by the media all your career, to be stalked by them, humiliated, bullied. To be ignored and further kept hostage because team con kept several outlets on a leash spreading their lies using Britney’s money. and then the same “media” turns around and suddenly…wants you free? Suddenly cares? They’ll keep the money tho of course.

I’m not saying that’s why the docs were created, we know the creators for Framing wanted and still want to help Britney.

But I need people to stop looking at this through what they think is an objective, logical lens. Feelings are neither of those. And so aren’t yours btw.

Her emotions are valid and so is her anger, whether it makes sense to you or not. 
And it’s freaking ironic how Britney supposedly doesn’t “grasp” things, doesn’t “understand” yet it’s shockingly clear that, naturally, most people don’t seem to understand either. And with that  I mean the severeness of what Britney has been put through and the resulting trauma. But what’s sad is that people don’t even try, refuse to stop and think for even a second. It happens every single time Britney says something they don’t like. 

one of the most invalidating things is to be told by strangers, who couldn’t possibly understand, how you should feel about things that have deeply hurt you or that relate to that. Don’t do that, I’m begging at this point.

And just in case, I’m not talking about anyone who feels the docs helped and expressed that in a respectful manner. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Persona said:

Only read the first two pages because the amount of people trying to say Britney doesn’t understand her own damn situation made my blood pressure spike :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

You can understand something and still bloody hate it. And if anyone has the right to hate anything and everything media no matter what it is, it’s Britney. I can understand her frustrations. Do I think the docs helped? In terms of public pressure, yeah I do. Do I think she should be grateful? Not if she doesn’t want to be no.
I will never be able to relate to how it must feel to be torn to shreds by the media all your career, to be stalked by them, humiliated, bullied. To be ignored and further kept hostage because team con kept several outlets on a leash spreading their lies using Britney’s money. and then the same “media” turns around and suddenly…wants you free? Suddenly cares? They’ll keep the money tho of course.

I’m not saying that’s why the docs were created, we know the creators for Framing wanted and still want to help Britney.

But I need people to stop looking at this through what they think is an objective, logical lens. Feelings are neither of those. And so aren’t yours btw.

Her emotions are valid and so is her anger, whether it makes sense to you or not. 
And it’s freaking ironic how Britney supposedly doesn’t “grasp” things, doesn’t “understand” yet it’s shockingly clear that, naturally, most people don’t seem to understand either. And with that  I mean the severeness of what Britney has been put through and the resulting trauma. But what’s sad is that people don’t even try, refuse to stop and think for even a second. It happens every single time Britney says something they don’t like. 

one of the most invalidating things is to be told by strangers, who couldn’t possibly understand, how you should feel about things that have deeply hurt you or that relate to that. Don’t do that, I’m begging at this point.

And just in case, I’m not talking about anyone who feels the docs helped and expressed that in a respectful manner. 

It's sad to me how even Britney's own fans don't stand by her or try to see things from her perspective.

The Free Britney stuff did help Brit a lot but the spectacle also enabled a large amount of condescending Britney "fans", soulless true crime addicts, and conspiracy theorists. It feels like barely anybody takes Britney seriously these days. Everything she does is second guessed, and there's a bunch of people hyperfixated on trying to "save Britney" even now.

A good amount of Britney stans honestly think she's one of the dumbest and craziest people in the world. Even when she beat the odds and got out that conservatorship, she's given no respect by anybody. If I were someone who genuinely hated Britney with every fiber of my being and I wanted to see people completely tear Britney apart, the first people I would seek out are her stans.  She's no longer the Pop princess to them, they see her a glorified Make-A-Wish foundation kid who needs people pity her until she breathes her last breath.

I was on Britney fansites during the conservatorship and her fans used to respect much more than they do now despite knowing she was a terrible conservatorship. Britney got out and showed one sign of trauma or a flaw, and now she's nothing but someone they throw a penny at after they get finishing shopping at Walmart. God, I actually miss the days when people would heavily critique Britney's weight and plastic surgery instead of completely invalidating her opinions about how her traumatizing conservatorship was covered in the media.

On 7/10/2022 at 2:53 AM, Slayer said:

Well, it was indeed her voice that freed her - she wouldn't be free if she wasn't so brave to speak up publicly. Immensely proud of her.

However, I do believe the documentaries did also help her. I get her frustration though, there shouldn't be documentaries to free her, her voice alone should be enough. It's been made clear to us she's been trying to get her freedom for YEARS but the courts and those around her didn't listen or silenced her, but it was not until the documentaries and massive Free Britney movement that finally gave her the opportunity to speak to the world.

I understand she's angry and she has every right to be, it is her life and she should be the one to tell her own story. I'm thankful her book will be her way to do that. We love you Brit.

True that... we love you so much, Britney!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block