Britney expresses her anger towards documentaries about her and that it was her voice that freed her from the conservatorship: HELPING ME? REALLY?

3 minutes ago, MikeMasi said:

Im just saying other people feel the same way I do, clearly.

To call me a troll is ridiculous. I’ve been a fan on here forever and supported her.  That’s all I’m saying 

just because people agree with your wrong opinion doesn't mean you're right. i literally saw you blame britney for the humiliation she's felt. victim blaming ain't cute and doesn't make you supportive in the least bit.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, easy said:

just because people agree with your wrong opinion doesn't mean you're right. i literally saw you blame britney for the humiliation she's felt. victim blaming ain't cute and doesn't make you supportive in the least bit.

I said I felt she is wrong for blaming the docs when they were trying to help her get out of a disgusting conservatorship. If she regrets 2007, she should have been careful because people recorded her every move. 

She is right in a way. It’s her life, and being famous is messed up in how voyeuristic your entire life becomes. And people constantly profiting off you and the work you do without your permission. But I feel like she’s not seeing the forest through the trees.

If I were her, I wouldn’t want people to see my past struggles again either, but #FreeBritney was treated as a conspiracy and a joke before these documentaries came out. They completely changed the narrative and helped the GP realize how mistreated Britney has been throughout her life and how ****ed up her conservatorship was. It put all these court documents and all this information that was spread all over the place into a nice neat 1-2 hour package for the GP to start understanding, and it also shed light on things we had never heard about or had confirmed before.

And as much as us fans tried to put this all together for free and for easy consumption for the general public, we just don’t have the resources and reach that for-profit businesses like the NYT, Hulu, and Netflix have.

• Love 5
Just now, MikeMasi said:

I said I felt she is wrong for blaming the docs when they were trying to help her get out of a disgusting conservatorship. If she regrets 2007, she should have been careful because people recorded her every move. 

i'm not sure what you're trying to prove except that i'm correct and you're blaming the victim.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, senammoises said:

I know but see all those images of her traumatic past must have been crazy for her. She doesn't want to be remembered about all bullying she has suffered. That's the point. The second documentary made by NYT was ok but the first one NO. 

It might sound atrocious, but I think that boat has long sailed. Unless she does a cease and desist to all these media entities, which she should do if she wants to, to ask to remove any semblance of trace of this online - which is something that celebrities do sometime. EIther way, I know it sounds ******* awful, and I only say this because she's ****** Britney Spears and there is no erasing her, she will be losing her time. 

I honestly think like the events of 2007-2008 will follow her to her grave, and there's nothing she can do about it at this point. People will always say Britney is weird, or a bit crazy, and that maybe she needed a conservatorship! I completely disagree with those statements, but my point is, she won't be able to fight this. She is engraved in pop culture as one of the greatest entertainers ever, and just like Michael Jackson who has is fair share of scandals, mind you not at all the same context, she will always have those to haunt her. All she can do at this point I think, is just let it go - understanding that people will continue to bring that up. That's what I think, and I can be entirely wrong, but I feel like she's hurting herself more by wanting to erase that, although I ******* understand why she'd feel that way. 

She's just at that level of scrutiny. The problem is not her, the problem is the audience that perceives her, and she will never be able to control whatever happens in other people's brain. Once again, she can say how angry that makes her, but at the end of the day, I think this might be the hardest feeling she will have to cope with. 

Ironically, everything that happened during those years made me fall for Britney more, honestly. So it truly shows that it's what you inherently believe about her that will allow you to see her a certain way. 

If she wants to come back and do more in the industry, I think she should pair herself with a sick PR team, because that's the only way she can combat this narrative going forward. Fight fire with fire. 

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, MikeMasi said:

So we shouldn’t take pictures of celebrities? That’s fine, then moving forward any Paparazzi or fans should be jailed for taking pictures of celebrities. Is that what you’re saying? 

Britney is not being treated a human because…why? A documentary opened up by explaining why she was put into a conservatorship and then explained that it was corrupt. 

Log off

4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Also it must be very frustrating to hear time after time, as she said, everyone telling her that thanks to the documentaries she was freed. She must be like, why didn't they make these documentaries 10 years ago then, or why if everyone knew conservatorship laws or all these documents were on public record, no one did anything since the beginning. Again, I don't blame the documentaries but I also totally understand Britney's stance 

Yeah, I think her testimony created such a huge impact that she would’ve been freed anyways without the documentaries. But I think the documentaries helped reshape public opinion of her past (which was long overdue given how much the conversations around mental health have changed in the last 10-20 years), revealed her mistreatment throughout her entire life, and the completely unjust and abusive situation she was in with the conservatorship. 

• Like 5

"You'll never see it my way cause you're not me" is literally the story of her life. It seems all she's asking is some respect. I really appreciate her honesty though.

The media controlled her image since the beginning. It's difficult to be seen a certain way by the whole world because of what is said about you in the media, and your real reality. The truth.

There is a real disconnection between the image that the media build, and who she really is and what really happened in her life.

In 1998-2001 : she was the sweet **** controversial teen pop princess with fake ***** and a very public virginity

In 2002 : she was a sl** no longer virgin who cheated on the perfect boyfriend

In 2003-2006 she was the out of control stupid white trash blonde popstar

In 2007 she was bat **** crazy

In 2008-2017 she's an has-been with mysterious mental health issues

In 2018-2021 she's the victim of a weird conservatorship and we the documentaries saved her

While it's because of the media and the 2007 era that they were able to build a c-ship. Everyone thought she was crazy and needed help. Nobody questioned the c-ship.

It's all created, romanticized to make money. It's like storytelling. And it's true that there is an obsession with her that is unusual and much different from other celebrities.

While from her perspective everything that happened felt much different. We only know 10% of the truth.

Britney, leave the US for good !!! :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn: 

• Love 5
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block