Britney expresses her anger towards documentaries about her and that it was her voice that freed her from the conservatorship: HELPING ME? REALLY?

1 hour ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Yikes. I get her frustration, but I don’t think she actually grasps the reality of the situation she was in. Those docs made a lot of noise and greatly helped her situation. Comparing them to Will Smith or anyone else is a really far reach. I truly hope she is actively taking care of herself. 

But she does. It’s completely ****ed up that it took for the court of the public opinion to free her and not her own testimony in the actual court room … which she has given many times through the years. She right this is america, america allow all those judges to do this to her but america then allows her to freed once the media catches wind of her life. Ridiculous.

• Love 5
  • Leader
32 minutes ago, MikeMasi said:

Why in the world do you feel that way? We know for a fact that You, Fe and many people who spoke were trying to help her. I think it’s so gross that she is saying this when everyone stood at the court house and fought for her, including New York Times! 

Appreciate you saying that. I feel this way because of the way Britney is expressing herself about all of it. :/ 

But at the same time, I recognize that we fought so she can have her voice heard. And now she's using it. I may not 100% agree with what she's saying, but ultimately this was the goal and I'm happy she can speak freely. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, senammoises said:

Media is the villain here not the hero. That's her point.

But one of the documentaries starts with that fact; that she was bullied for years, that she was abused by society and the media did not help. Even her peers did not help. 

I mean, I don't think we can ever expect Britney to have a rational way of seeing these documentaries, which is completely understandable. The good news however, is that she has control over the narrative going forward, and I hope she takes that into consideration.

However, we frame her life, the fact that she was bullied is not something she will ever be able to change. Of course, she should always feel safe to voice how she feels about that, but I think she might be leading a fight for which she'll never find solace. It will always be a painful period of her life, and sadly for her, this period falls in the midst of her adulthood. 

Saying the media is evil, is not a fair assessment of the situation. I remember how people talked about Britney prior to the conservatorship, and people were ******* awful; wishing her death, and saying how fat she had become. I remember crying about how cruel people were. Today, I still hear some people saying terrible stuff about her, and I honestly don't feel like we've changed much. Unfortunately, I do feel like sometimes it's in human nature to gang up and pick someone to tear apart. That doesn't make it okay, nor should we accept it, but I feel like if it's not Britney, it'll be someone else that will get that same treatment. Thankfully, we seem to have a better education as a whole, but it just seems mostly like the problem only takes another form, but ultimately, it always comes down to how miserable people feel about themselves. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Slayer said:

She was LIVING the situation, how can you say she didn't 'grasp', what an insane take.

She is frustrated as she has been fighting for YEARS but it took multiple documentaries talking for her and showing footage she'd much rather forget.

She's saying so many people are saying to her it is the documentaries that freed her, she is offended people belittle or discredit her own testimony. Honestly, the documentaries DID help in my opinion but her being brave enough to speak out really put the nail in the coffin and freed her.

Because she was sheltered/controlled and overly medicated. She didn’t even know she could petition to end it. Britney’s reality is not the same as anyone else’s. Someone comparing docs being made about their civil liberties being stripped to random famous people is a very far reach. My take is far from insane. 

• Love 1

This probably all stems from the recent nominations, it’s completely f**cked up people are getting awarded at her expense. Imagine how that makes the person who went through ******* torture feel. Britney feels like no one has gotten in trouble for what happened to her and she’s right. No one’s even been handcuffed when she let the police know she was being abused. Someone needs to be in a holding cell at least why haven’t charges been pressed if the fbi has already investigated. They lock up you quicker over unpaid parking tickets than this case. Jamie at least should already be in jail awaiting his trial. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Addicted_Heart said:

People need to understand that those documentaries are about her life. She can have opinions about them.

She has thanked her fans for the Free Britney -movement. So she's not ungrateful.

If someone made a documentary about my life and showed all my past mistakes/bad memories, I would be humiliated.

That’s part of being famous unfortunately. 

• Leader
13 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I don't think you should feel bad for participating in the docs. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Not at all.

As a documentary director myself, I've always felt that I could change the world by making movies...But I've learned the hard way over time that consent is an important element to making films about other people's lives — especially when there's trauma involved. So much so that I may be focusing my Ph.D. dissertation on the topic of consent and documentary filmmaking.

I think B is right that the documentaries didn't help spring her from the conservatorship...I say that looking at it from a legal perspective. They really didn't have an impact on the moves that the various lawyers were making in the court in any significant way. 

However...

Documentaries do help to change public perception...I think those docs will help to change the probate system in the long run. 

And that's just as important!

Britney has resources...Other people don't. 

Britney's story can help change the lives of millions of people trapped in similar situations for many decades to come.

You did good, Jordan. :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Appreciate your perspective and the kind words. 🙏 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

This probably all stems from the recent nominations, it’s completely f**cked up people are getting awarded at her expense. Imagine how that makes the person who went through ******* torture feel. Britney feels like no one has gotten in trouble for what happened to her and she’s right. No one’s even been handcuffed when she let the police know she was being abused. Someone needs to be in a holding cell at least why haven’t charges been pressed if the fbi has already investigated. They lock up you quicker over unpaid parking tickets than this case. Jamie at least should already be in jail awaiting his trial. 

I agree… sadly that’s Britney’s lawyer job. IF Britney is frustrated because she wants people behind bars she should express that her lawyer, not lashing out at very well made and educated documentaries (the New York Times) that gave her case a platform for public pressure against the corrupt California Probate Court.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I still can’t understand how she can be upset about documentaries bringing up the past? They informed the viewer of why she was put in a conservatorship. We all agree that it should’ve never happen, but she made the mistakes in the past and now she wants to complain that it’s being brought up. It’s part of being a celebrity. And yet, they shook everything up and it became huge for her, which also led to her freedom.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Addicted_Heart said:

Maybe we should treat famous people more humanely?

So we shouldn’t take pictures of celebrities? That’s fine, then moving forward any Paparazzi or fans should be jailed for taking pictures of celebrities. Is that what you’re saying? 

Britney is not being treated a human because…why? A documentary opened up by explaining why she was put into a conservatorship and then explained that it was corrupt. 

• Love 2

It’s a difficult situation/dilemma because these documentaries did indeed raise a lot of public awareness, and it could be said that they did actually contribute to her being freed from her conservatorship. I don’t believe they were made with bad intentions, and the one with Jordan in particularly is very informative and comes from a good place. I feel bad that he now feels guilty and like he did something wrong by being a part of it.

At the same time, we can’t tell people what to feel about the way they feel ESPECIALLY when the subject in discussion is their actual life and past! So if Britney feels the way she feels about them then that’s how it is, and I believe her own personal Instagram page is hers alone for her to express these thoughts. No one should really be policing how others feel about things that actually concern them and their past.

So basically, I’m on the fence as usual! 🤣

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Just like how people are pretending Britney not to be upset by something only she understands, people who think the documentaries are ok shouldn't be mad about it either. Just let everyone have their opinions, that doesn't erase the past, it doesn't erase the impact they had, and the most important thing is that she's free regardless how much external people or the documentaries in particular helped the case or not

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block