Britney expresses her anger towards documentaries about her and that it was her voice that freed her from the conservatorship: HELPING ME? REALLY?

1 minute ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

I don’t know why we are even discussing the 2007 events.. Britney wasn’t in a right state of mind and made poor choices like every single one of us.. the media saw an easy prey and went for it, disgusting pigs.

2007 was brought to because that is the reasoning for her being placed in the horrendous conservatorship. So my point was that these docs mentioned it to explain to the viewer how this all started (for those that are not Britney fans). It wasn't for malicious reasons. At least I hope it wasn’t 

• Like 3

If she was the only one who could really help herself, why did she take too long to get out of it, and only after the docs release?

I believe the docs helped to put pressure on the judge in charge and it helped her to see that she herself needed to take the lead of the situation. Up to that moment she was lying saying she was fine and happy as she admitted.

It's true that the docs were hard to swallow and that caused her big pain, but I think it was the little push that made her change her attitude in front of her problem and go forth. In all of her life she was humilliated. She's a very strong woman. Not everybody could manage what happened to her.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

No but you're right, at the end of the day Rosengart IS using the NYT investigations in the case (the published ones though) so it's not like they're completely ignoring the work of those journalists. Maybe Britney's point is there was no point in making the visual documentaries and gathering that footage (even though NYT were more cautious about it, yet the first one was directed towards the infamous picture)

Like, if the documentaries were solely about the conservatorship, her dad, Lou, etc, probably she would feel more grateful. But since they barely scratched the surface and there's so much more we apparently don't know and doesn't show in the docs, that's probably why she feels they were unnecessary. 

The point was supposedly to expose her team, why did we have to bring up the years prior to conservatorship? Probably some may say for context, Britney would obviously think otherwise.

So yeah, the people who did the documentaries have all the right to do whatever they want, and if it's journalistically, they don't beed the subject's permission, but so does Britney when it comes to her feelings regarding her own life. 

Totally agree, that was very eloquently written and makes a lot of sense. I think you’re right that the heart of it is that Britney doesn’t like the use of all the old footage, and who can blame her? I don’t think any of us would feel very good about that, it was a dark time of her life and probably triggers PTSD and makes her life worse, having to even think about it. 

So yes I totally see her viewpoint. As I said it’s such a difficult one though because Felicia and Jordan for example took part for all the right reasons! Well I presume with Fe…

EDITING to explain that last line means, I don’t know for sure what Fe’s motives were because the relationship with her and Britney seems sketchy these days. I don’t know if she had Britney’s best interests at heart but I like to think she did, she was always so supportive from what I’ve seen. Who knows though. 

Edited by HairFlipQueen
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

She has the full right, of course, but Framing Britney Spears really helped her immensely and I feel was extremely fair towards her, extremely factual. But i get it, none of these asked for her amen, and given the fact she spent her life not being asked for anything and ppl ordering her around, this must feel very frustrating for her, she's fed up.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, alleyesonme393 said:

I mean she literally tried for 13 years to get the **** out of the conservatorship with no success but then these documentaries come along and people want them to get the credit for her being freed? **** that. I completely agree with Britney. She advocated for herself behind closed doors the entire time she was stuck with those abusive scumbags. She survived 13 1/2 years of that **** and got out on her own with the help of the movement not with people CONSTANTLY rehashing her past.

Exactly!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, CenterofAttention said:

Yeah, she can **** off w this perspective. I’m sick of her constant hate for forces that absolutely helped her. And her constant addressing “America,” is giving me delusions of grandeur. 

Maybe you should **** off? :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

Who on earth are you to tell someone who's been abused and tormented for her entire career how they should feel? Get a grip.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, mean little lips said:

Team con gaslit the public into thinking her abuse for a conspiracy theory, these docos raised awareness and had people start asking questions. 

To be fair though I'm sure a lot of people who either saw or simply became aware of the documentaries probably didn't take them seriously. In fact I remember some people implying that they were just entertainment like the Tiger King docu-series. 

2 minutes ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

I don’t understand her sometimes… if documentaries did not exist and your fans wouldn’t curious where you where you were when you were in that facility, you would be an ex-icon act Britney. Your father would be swimming at the grave full of cash, cash he’d earn from your left over products. So yeah NY times hit it big time with voicing your silent scream. I’m sorry but it comes very hypocritical when I see all those washed up celebrities getting invites to your happiest day who did only speak one sentence throughout the years of your slavery when you were already about to end the conservatorship. But the true defenders - your fans- gets nothing, only one or two written posts thanking them.

Today I was about to open another thread about where Britney stands in life and industry.Because it is very opposing to me to see Jlo, Beyoncé and other pop girls literally moving every mountain to change something going wrong.I’m sorry but she simply doesn’t want this and people really do need to let her go. Girl literally hates having fans and people try to help her. 

but also refusing to sit there and speak her truth. At this point I want nothing but to see her happy, but sometimes I just can’t stand her bashing this documentaries. This documentaries did nothing but voicing your scream Britney. Please, please and please have a little respect for people who did not scared of NDA’s and literally spoke ignoring legal outcomes of this mess.

Thank you! 100%!

• Love 3

I’m proud of Britney she’s chosen to not be a victim. Despite many of you wanting her to be.  Sees herself as her own knight in shining army! She had no one for years! It was just Me, Myself, and I. She kept herself strong during the 13 years of being HUMAN TRAFFICKED. Not an 1 hour long documentary.  She got HERSELF out of the conservatorship! 

you’re lying to yourself if you think the NYT doc wasn’t a cash grab. Why were 2 docs needed, the first doc just rehashed her earlier life mostly, the second one finally focused more so on the MEAT of the conservatorship…if NYT was so concerned for Britney why didn’t one of there fancy lawyers they submit an application to end the conservatorship or something. Legal things could’ve been done, Britney could’ve gotten help long ago from many people, but now a doc helped her. Oh please…. 

I FEEL YOU BRITNEY YOU ARE SEEN BY ME!

14 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

I don’t see why everyone keeps trying to tell Britney how to see it. She sees it as it is. She gave a testimony in 2019…….crickets, she was finally allowed a live testimony in 2021, but not until AFTER a documentary came out. It’s so completely **** up.

Why should she be thankful? If anything it’s a huge slap in the face. That no matter how hard she personally worked to get out of the conservatorship after being literally lied to by everyone in the legal system, medical system and her family and team. After she listened to every rule, did all she was supposed to do, she  finally got her lawyer to make moves , then got  another lawyer because last guy was only interested in keeping her in the con, went through numerous evaluations to prove that she is ok and she’s supposed to just feel good that all that meant nothing. She traumatized, I feel like you have to experience abuse to understand how Britney feels. Maybe I relate so much to this and get so angry on my post because honestly I was physically and mentally abused as kid-teen and that was fairly recent since I’m 22. I found safety in Britney back then but now I attend therapy understands just how trauma can **** u up. It’s literally like breaking a leg it’s never the same again same with the brain!

give Britney a break guys she deserves more than what this fan base gives her sometimes  

I’m not telling her what to see or how to feel. I’m just expressing my opinion. I think she would’ve been freed with her testimony alone, but I think the documentaries helped public perception of her and helped people realize the gravity of the situation she was in. She’s perfectly valid in what she feels. It’s her life, and I agree with her to an extent. 

I’m sorry for what you’ve been through btw. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Let’s hope Britney’s rants doesn’t discourage The New York Times ladies to continue doing their AMAZING job :pika_pikachu_slap_fighting_hitting_mad:

I hope they stop. I wouldn’t want to do anymore if I was them and seeing that post. If Britney wants it to stop, then they should stop 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block