Shawn Mendes opens up to fans in newly shared letter, people think he tries to come out

I think he's lonely and just trying to connect. Maybe it's a bit displaced, but I think we've all been there when we've felt a little lost and want to reach out to somebody - just so maybe we don't feel so directionless in this world. I think he's just trying to say ... and it just goes to show ... that fame and money don't always translate into happiness. I think he just wants to be acknowledged and understood. 

• Like 1

Even if he's coming out which he isn't, ever since the break up, shawn and those rumors came back to him full swing. 

This is a situation he'll never probably be able to date with thise rumors. 

Look at Louis Tomlinson, he criticized a show for going back to the harry styles rumors. 

Someone said it best, we accept people for who they are, but if your not the alphabet soup, you are now an enemy abd not good enough for almost any industry. 

Which he refers that LGBT people will be preferred employees down the road, if society keeps going this route. 

Even one gay guy said life was better for him in the 90s, when it was more dangerous to be gay then. 

He felt basically people just left him alone and viewed him as a human being than being gay..

• Love 1

If he comes out as gay, good for him, I’ll be happy for him. But it just feels like this is turning into a witch-hunt to find out who is gay. As someone who was thrown out of the closet on my face and never had the chance to actually come out, I just don’t like this. I always feel so bad for him. He’s a cutie, and I’d be lying if I didn’t want him on our team lol, but let the guy live. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Not reading coming out from that, just that he dislikes himself when he is just casually living his life and not behaving like a superstar nor feeling like it (which is weird as I would do a Britney and go on vacay 24/7).

Maybe he is searching for some true meaning in life and got stuck as he reached all that he could and is afraid of the downfall that inevitably will come.

Aaaaaanyways next super sad emo single coming in a few weeks I bet.

7 hours ago, danielpierce said:

I feel sorry for him because of all the bullying he is getting, its almost like people forcing him to be gay. He identifies as straight and had girlfriends. He said it upsets him people forcing him to come out. Why people cant just respect his ***uality. Disgusting. 

It truly baffles me how often I see (primarily) gay men screaming for him to come out. I don't know, it just reminds me of when I grew up and everyone around me would tease me for being gay, even though I hadn't come out (or even figured out my ***uality). It affected me deeply. I can't imagine what Shawn must be feeling. If he is gay/figuring it out, people pressure him to come out. If he's got it figured out and he isn't gay, well, the world is still throwing an identity onto him.

I get it - he's very handsome, and yes, I would not be mad if he played for my team. But let's give him some space. I'm sure he has a lot to deal as a celebrity, even without adding this to the mix.

• Like 3

Henry Cavill went through this, Maluma this list goes on..

Tyra banks said it best.

If he smelled good, had good hygiene and bathed regularly I thought he would be gay, finding out he's straight is a shocker..

That was a VH1 special in 2003.

Lisa from steps said initially I thought my husband was gay cos he was a back up dancer for steps..

So stereotype and public perception plays a hand in what is supposed to be a straight man 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block