Shawn Mendes opens up to fans in newly shared letter, people think he tries to come out

• Super Mods

It read almost like a coming out letter at some points but then you reach a point where you think you’re going to read “I’m gay”, and you don’t. So yeah, I don’t think this is a coming out letter.

Maybe Shawn just felt the need to communicate directly to his fans about his state of mind. I know he’s released many projects and been on tour (maybe? Idk :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:) a nice amount these past few years.

• Haha 2

First, use capital letters when required, bish! Writing like a minion won't make you any more "real".

Second, I think he's just venting because he's a perfectionist (because of family trauma, I'm sure) and he obviously can't be perfect or please everyone.

Third, I think he's gay. Please mention a straight guy who would write something like this, even if he's solely talking about mental health.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, danielpierce said:

I feel sorry for him because of all the bullying he is getting, its almost like people forcing him to be gay. He identifies as straight and had girlfriends. He said it upsets him people forcing him to come out. Why people cant just respect his ***uality. Disgusting. 

Me too. We should give this kid a break. He’s clearly not well. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.