Britney: Sorry Jamie Lynn, I wasn’t strong enough to do what should have been done... slapped you and mamma right across your ******* faces

10 minutes ago, handmedown said:

Not to mention she'll probably now be cut off from her nieces as well.  There's no winner in this.

Britney's family reminds me of mine and for the past like 5 years i have been walking on eggshells trying my best to stay close to my nieces and nephews but have been super afraid to say or do anything to upset my big sis because she might cut me off from my younger family. during arguments with her own husband she would remind himthat she would take the kids away from him and the car is in her name and all these threats so i never wanted to upset her but after 5 years of just being a shell of myself and basically only being able to give them presents and non meaningful interactions i feel so divorced from them like it doesnt matter if i lose contact anymore because what little contact there is so insincere its enough to make your spirits dwindle and i consider just speaking my mind.. speaking personally.. i wonder if that's how britney feels about her family and why she is speaking out now.
sxrry for the ted talk and thanks for reading if you made it this far Love You Text GIF by The Valentines

• Love 5

On second thought... maybe team ex-con and jamie lynn are doing this to get reactions from Britney and therefore push the book? I'm not gonna lie and say I'm not waking up shook every day with new beef between Britney and jamie lynn but if this is all a part of a plan from lou to sell books then I hope Britney ignores her and exposes everything only on the Oprah interview.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, Busybee said:

I can only speak for myself but I do actually find this to be sad. HOWEVER it's also extremely satisfying and beautiful to see a woman who has be shut down and abused stand up for herself. If anything it's a testament to how they didn't break her spirit. They tried but they didn't. They may share blood but they are hardly family. She will find her family one day and that will be what she makes it. 

Thank you for a genuine reply.  You actually gave me something to think about there.  Even though it breaks my heart that it's being done so publicly, her fighting attitude does in deed, if nothing else, show that they haven't broken her.

I would just disagree that she can "find her family".  I used to believe that.  Now that I'm older I realize we only get one family on this earth and we need to learn to reconcile ourselves with what that means for us (if they're to be embraced or otherwise).  There can be no substitute for family.  It's either make do or do without.

• Love 4

I remember being 12 and my sibling was going through something and I was scared and shut down and actually didn’t speak to anyone for a few years. I was still learning the world and I didn’t know how to respond. Everyone had always told me how to react as a child so when the family dynamics changed drastically I was waiting for my older family members to give me some guidance, but they never did. So I stayed by myself and thought since they weren’t approaching me, I better just do what they want and stay out of their way. I guess Britney didn’t like that Jamie Lynn didn’t have the social skills at 12-years old to cope with a toxic and abusive family. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands: Britney is forever my fav… I will stand by her 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, handmedown said:

Because eventually there has to be reconciliation and real dialogue for healing to begin.  That doesn't mean Britney forgives and forgets, but there needs to be understanding and then hopefully some closure on this period.  And this public mud slinging, does not get them there.

I understand but, like I said, there is no healing with a narcissist. They will never apologize.

• Haha 1
  • Like 7
2 minutes ago, Letslearn said:

Britney's family reminds me of mine and for the past like 5 years i have been walking on eggshells trying my best to stay close to my nieces and nephews but have been super afraid to say or do anything to upset my big sis because she might cut me off from my younger family. during arguments with her own husband she would remind himthat she would take the kids away from him and the car is in her name and all these threats so i never wanted to upset her but after 5 years of just being a shell of myself and basically only being able to give them presents and non meaningful interactions i feel so divorced from them like it doesnt matter if i lose contact anymore because what little contact there is so insincere its enough to make your spirits dwindle and i consider just speaking my mind.. speaking personally.. i wonder if that's how britney feels about her family and why she is speaking out now.
sxrry for the ted talk and thanks for reading if you made it this far Love You Text GIF by The Valentines

I'm very sorry to hear your family is going through these issues.  Without knowing you I would say try to stick at it, doing what it takes to be present in the kids lives.  If you walk away now they will only remember that's what you did, they won't care why.  You can't bring positive change if you're not around.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block