[UPDATED] Netflix's 'Britney vs Spears' stream + comment party

7 minutes ago, blakey said:

Sigh. Finished it. It wasn’t explosive by any means or any stretch. Virtually zero new information. Hyped up because it’s from Netflix. And they kind of dropped the ball. Honestly. The NYT FBS and Controlling Britney Spears, by far outperform. Especially the latter. We need incriminating evidence, people to break their NDAs to come forward. Etc. NYT got that. This one did not. They got those confidential records but the funny thing is, is that there was nothing in them that hadn’t already been exposed by the #FreeBritney movement already. 

People are saying: Yay they exposed Lou! I mean… did they? Did they really? They say her name and mention things the #FreeBritney movement already knows and has shared. Actually, the FreeBritney movement on social media has exposed Lou Taylor so much that it’s … laughable and totally disappointing that they barely scratched the surface. 

SO MUCH WASTED TIME in this 1hr 30min Doc. So much. I don’t give a **** about her listening to BOMT in her bedroom as a kid. That should have been cut. All the time dedicated to Adnan or whatever his name is: CUT. Way to much time expended on very irrelevant parts of the story. Or maybe not irrelevant entirely but we need to expose and illuminate the conservatorship as it stands. 

At least some who aren’t Britney fans who may watch will be more informed of the basics I suppose… 

I give it a 2/5 stars.

For those of you who haven’t seen it yet and are just reading the comments/ you will be pleasantly surprised.  They covered a lot, there WAS new info, and they told the story in an angle that kept the whole thing shrouded in enough mystery just like Tiger King, so it will encourage the public to have discussions about it.  There will be people who will argue that she needs it but they will be fewer than now.  I just feel like as deep fans, we know so much that we wouldn’t even know where to start with a story like this.  There’s so much and so many little things we picked up over time that helped shape our opinions of the people in her circle that we don’t even remember ourselves or have been buried over time.  I’d give this a 7/10 as a huge fan.  I think if you go into this not knowing anything about the case you would be blown away by how much went on behind the scenes.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, JayTawndre said:

The doc was amazing. I cried and cried and cried. I thought it was beautifully done and really showed more about the conservatorship. Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a part of the Britney Army because they always find something to complain about instead of being grateful for the time and effort it took to do this doc. 

This. It can’t be denied how well done this was. Making everyone I know watch it tomorrow!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

just finished. more or less what I was expecting. it's for the gp, of course, I get that. I'm glad they mentioned Lou and the mails between Jamie and TriStar. I'm glad they ******* all over Ingham. I'm glad they mentioned the x factor days. 

I wish they didn't spend so much time on her 2007 days, specially because the director said they wouldn't do that, so it surprised me. 

the montage of her testimony with her performances was good. the whole end felt rushed though. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

. Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be a part of the Britney Army because they always find something to complain about instead of being grateful for the time and effort it took to do this doc. 

well ok, but if we have 2 NYT docs who did better job and Gram's podcast who dig up better information, yeah, I can say Netflix didn't impress me.. and it's not a complain just an opinion on something that is inferior..

• Love 3
  • Like 4

Hey I think you guys need to re-watch what the doctor, James Sparr said.

NO. He did NOT say: I never signed anything. 
NO. He did not say: I never evaluated Britney Spears 

YES: he did say: I will not acknowledge I’ve ever evaluated Britney Spears 

YES: He did say: I would never acknowledge I saw Britney or anyone because that’s confidential.

So to sum it up: he totally evaluated her. 100%. The court wouldn’t accept forged capacity declarations and they would contact the evaluating doctor to confirm the evaluation. He’s just not going to “acknowledge” that. Because he’s correct, it would breach physician patient confidentiality. 

I feel people heard what they wanted to hear at that segment. Like a bomb was dropped. When really he was standing firm that he won’t acknowledge he evaluated. Not acknowledging isn’t saying he didn’t do it. 

• Like 2