[UPDATED] Netflix's 'Britney vs Spears' stream + comment party

There's some quite usual info in here so I think it's good for the GP.

Her letter to Andrew Gallery which shows her true feelings, her desperately trying to hire a new lawyer TWICE, Dr. Spar being suss as hell, FTR footage of her expressing her feelings on being evaluated. 

It could have been better but it'll tie up some loose ends for those who are only aware of what's happening now.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Well, I just finished the documentary and I’m kinda wondering why I stayed up for this. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: For members of the public who may be new to Britney’s story, I think this is a good starting point.

I felt that the filmmakers overhyped the confidential report they received, and didn’t explore it to the depths that they should have. Obviously I know they want to avoid sharing any private/medical history, but the trailer made it seem that this report was the Holy Grail and provided answers as to why the conservatorship is in place. And yet, they didn’t dive into the report.

I wasn’t necessarily bothered by Adnan Ghalib’s inclusion in the documentary, but I don’t necessarily think Sam Lutfi or Mark Vincent Kaplan added much. I kind of think it was infuriating to have Mark Vincent Kaplan, who obviously ironed out the custody agreement that Britney always had used against her.

I’m glad Lou was mentioned, but again, no true deep dive into her involvement.

Again, maybe I was under the impression that more of the actors involved on Team Con were going to be exposed due to this confidential report that had, but I was wrong. Hopefully, the filmmakers pursue some kind of follow up or publish an exposé that goes in on Jamie, Lou, Kevin, and others. With the level of information they have, I hope they share it critically and responsibly.

At this point, I think Framing Britney Spears and Controlling Britney Spears have done more to shift the narrative than this or any other documentary or special has done.

We’ll see if this makes a splash! :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: This is also my initial reaction being typed into physical form at 1:45am in the morning. :clownery_makeup_meme: Maybe some sleep and coffee in the morning will bring a new perspective.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I think this was so good. Maybe y’all are cranky and tired haha. It would take 1000 hours to give all the info of Brit’s insane situation. They packaged it up and presented it beautifully and it truly was another love letter to setting our girl free! We should appreciate all the work that went into this and all the extra exposure it will bring! I’m also sobbing at that extremely beautiful ending.

Hoping for a deeper dive part 2 for sure!

• Love 2
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, tobstar73 said:

And why didn’t they show the voicemail that told them she was being held against her will. That started such a movement. I feel like there could have been more about handling her money. 

So it all makes sense. I suppose that has to do with Gram Girls being pissed. I think they backed off the project at some point.

So most likely Netflix's secret source for the documents was Lawyers of Britney :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Prince Ali said:

I stand corrected.. for the past 14 years I always thought his surname was LUFTI.. wtf?!

It is easier to pronounce at least in indo-european languages like English. 

1 minute ago, SlayOut said:

Well, I just finished the documentary and I’m kinda wondering why I stayed up for this. :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: For members of the public who may be new to Britney’s story, I think this is a good starting point.

I felt that the filmmakers overhyped the confidential report they received, and didn’t explore it to the depths that they should have. Obviously I know they want to avoid sharing any private/medical history, but the trailer made it seem that this report was the Holy Grail and provided answers as to why the conservatorship is in place. And yet, they didn’t dive into the report.

I wasn’t necessarily bothered by Adnan Ghalib’s inclusion in the documentary, but I don’t necessarily think Sam Lutfi or Mark Vincent Kaplan added much. I kind of think it was infuriating to have Mark Vincent Kaplan, who obviously ironed out the custody agreement that Britney always had used against her.

I’m glad Lou was mentioned, but again, no true deep dive into her involvement.

Again, maybe I was under the impression that more of the actors involved on Team Alcon were going to be exposed due to this confidential report that had, but I was wrong. Hopefully, the filmmakers pursue some kind of follow up or publish an exposé that goes in on Jamie, Lou, Kevin, and others. With the level of information they have, I hope they share it critically and responsibly.

At this point, I think Framing Britney Spears and Controlling Britney Spears have done more to shift the narrative than this or any other documentary or special has done.

We’ll see if this makes a splash! :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

I agree. 

• Like 1
Just now, andy131 said:

I think this was so good. Maybe y’all are cranky and tired haha. It would take 1000 hours to give all the info of Brit’s insane situation. They packaged it up and presented it beautifully and it truly was another love letter to setting our girl free! We should appreciate all the work that went into this and all the extra exposure it will bring! I’m also sobbing at that extremely beautiful ending!

It is just the angle of it. Parts of it I thought was good but they could have pushed harder. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1