The New York Times: Controlling Britney Spears (Framing Britney Spears Part 2) - DISCUSSION THREAD

38 minutes ago, Freakshow__ said:

When Britney was in court in june, it seems like she wanted to be heard. Why would she hate these documentaries? weird...

At a certain point the documentaries do come off as capitalizing. I'm at the point now where if the documentaries don't have any new information that helps the cause, it's a cash grab.

• Like 4

I only speak for myself but the reason they seem like they are profiting and why I imagine she doesn't like them is because all they can seem to focus on is her worst years. We don't need to see that anymore. Even the general public is aware of what happened. 

I have hope for the new York times one because they are actually working towards new information and exposing the corruption as opposed to focusing on what she did wrong or what she went through. 

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what she did in her past even prisoners have rights! Rights she was stripped of at no fault of her own and thats what the focus should be. If these docs just keep retelling the same story we have heard for over a decade then it becomes apparent they just want to use her name.

We're so close to freeing her we can taste it let's keep our focus on the new info that can be used against Team Con 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Isla said:

Thank you :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: 3am UK time (btw it's BST not GMT) is pretty late knowing it'll probably end at 4:30am so I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay awake for the entire thing tbh but I'm happy to catch up tomorrow during the day!

Oh get you. In the UK they refer to it as GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). I’ve visited the site on a school trip and there is a line (that is projected off the hill via laser at night). The line in Greenwich represents the historic Prime Meridian of the World - Longitude 0º.If you stand over it with one foot on either side, you’re standing both on the Eastern and Western Hemisphere. Pretty cool 😎 

• Love 3
Just now, Z-dawg said:

Oh get you. In the UK they refer to it as GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). I’ve visited the site on a school trip and there is a line (that is projected off the hill via laser at night). The line in Greenwich represents the historic Prime Meridian of the World - Longitude 0º.If you stand over it with one foot on either side, you’re standing both on the Eastern and Western Hemisphere. Pretty cool 😎 

Yeah the GMT timezone is actually only used between late October-late March, the rest of the year it's BST (British Summer Time). It's different as GMT is usually an hour behind BST.

Also maybeee if I find a streaming link I'll stay up for this, but idk, I don't want to miss out on sleep :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah the GMT timezone is actually only used between late October-late March, the rest of the year it's BST (British Summer Time). It's different as GMT is usually an hour behind BST.

Also maybeee if I find a streaming link I'll stay up for this, but idk, I don't want to miss out on sleep :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

I never knew that. So interesting 😀 I’m in the UK also. I will be up working, I have cakes to bake, and I was pressed, now I have something to look forward to. Besides sleep, tomorrow 🤣

• Love 1

Okay I love that the movement has the attention and support of the media and the GP but did they really have to drop this tonight, 4 days before the Netflix one? Why not wait until the next court date and include the findings/events from that day? :typing_keyboard_computer:

I feel like having the documentaries more spread out would be the smarter choice. This feels like a lot and if I had to guess most people (non fans) will choose to watch one over the other. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Universal said:

Okay I love that the movement has the attention and support of the media and the GP but did they really have to drop this tonight, 4 days before the Netflix one? Why not wait until the next court date and include the findings/events from that day? :typing_keyboard_computer:

I feel like having the documentaries more spread out would be the smarter choice. This feels like a lot and if I had to guess most people (non fans) will choose to watch one over the other. 

No I think the more we have, the more is the impact.

• Love 1
  • Like 1