The New York Times: Controlling Britney Spears (Framing Britney Spears Part 2) - DISCUSSION THREAD

31 minutes ago, e_ffen said:

Netflix is probably seething right now 😂 

I’m beginning to believe all these documentaries coming out in the next few hours and days is a highly strategic and coordinated move leading up to the court date on the 29th.

Public opinion in the American court system is vital. On top of it all is this exposure of Team Con, LA legal system, etc., which is going to put a lot of pressure on Judge Penny.

Maybe it’s a coincidence and/or it’s about network’s trying to out do one another. The fact that - this time round - each documentary (as they appear from snip/trailers/interviews) focuses on different elements of the conservatorship and Britney’s life, I’m beginning to think otherwise.

Rosengart is very familiar with the LA/Hollywood system, it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s somehow behind all of this sudden push….

• Love 6
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Freakshow__ said:

When Britney was in court in june, it seems like she wanted to be heard. Why would she hate these documentaries? weird...

In june she was the one doing the talking and she had control over what she wanted to share...

She understandably doesn't trust the media, they did nothing for her for 20 years.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Weld said:

So all these people who witnessed Britney's abuse are willing to break their NDA's for justice to prevail, but all Sam can do is whine about 'exploitive' these documentaries are? 

It’s bizarre to me that he is slamming journalists whose meaningful research and work actually massively helped Britney’s case.

Like you’ve been in the picture 5 years now Sam, what progress did you make with helping your fiancée get her rights back? I know Britney said he’s been emotionally supportive to her, which is wonderful, but if left up to only Sam Asghari, I suspect she would still be stuck with Sam Ingham representing her. Sam needs to give credit where credit is due.

And it’s also a bit hypocritical for Sam to accuse these reporters of exploiting Britney for their own professional gain, when he’s never acknowledged that he himself has professionally benefited from dating her. It seems to me like he was more than happy to use the attention he got from being Britney’s boyfriend to build a big social media presence and boost his public profile, which in turn helped with his goals of becoming a well-known model/fitness guru. I’m not saying that means he doesn’t care about her! But he did embrace the attention that came with it and use it to his advantage.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

I’m beginning to believe all these documentaries coming out in the next few hours and days is a highly strategic and coordinated move leading up to the court date on the 29th.

Public opinion in the American court system is vital. On top of it all is this exposure of Team Con, LA legal system, etc., which is going to put a lot of pressure on Judge Penny.

Maybe it’s a coincidence and/or it’s about network’s trying to out do one another. The fact that - this time round - each documentary (as they appear from snip/trailers/interviews) focuses on different elements of the conservatorship and Britney’s life, I’m beginning to think otherwise.

Rosengart is very familiar with the LA/Hollywood system, it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s somehow behind all of this sudden push….

This makes so much sense! Let’s hope 🤞🏻🤞🏻