The New York Times: Controlling Britney Spears (Framing Britney Spears Part 2) - DISCUSSION THREAD

2 minutes ago, rennen said:

The first NYT documentary created a massive shift in public opinion regarding Britney, the conservatorship and the misogynistic treatment she received. 

I can't speak for worldwide, obviously, but only a few hours after it aired in the US it was everywhere in the UK. It was spoken about for days on incredibly popular programmes.  And a few weeks later it was aired in the UK and other counties worldwide. 

I don't see the point in downplaying the NYT and their potential impact given ghat their first documentary brought well needed, and long overdue, public conversation and media scrutiny. And public apologies to Britney.

Oh I know, I'm not trying to minimize its impact at all! I'm sorry if that's what my comment sounded like. What I meant is, I watched it because I had a real interest in it and looked it up but no one in my circle apart from me has seen it because in my country it's not in a platform so readily accessible as Netflix, and I think people will tune in to the Netflix one all over the world if only because it might pop up in the "popular right now" thingy. I was talking about reaching a wider audience more than making en impact in the news, you're totally right in that Framing changed the media and public opinion back in february, that's for sure.

Maybe I'm wrong, and honestly I hope so because I'm way more excited about the NYT.

• Love 1

Ok this is how I feel about the docs:

I don't think anything big is coming out of the CNN one but I am willing to read the summary thread on it on here after it airs in case something is there

I think the NYT one will have good first hand sources about the abuse Britney suffered while in the conservatorship and the sealed documents that NYTs already leaked in their stories...

I think the Netflix one will center on how Britney was even put in a conservatorship in the first place and the corruption in the probate court system that facilitated it...remember they have sealed documents that no one has ever seen and the Dr. who declared her incapacitated....

5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

So looks like i'm going to try and stay up until 3am when it airs in the UK and watch the live stream you guys posted :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Don’t you dare to leave me here alone! I’m from Portugal so it’s going to air at 3 am as well. Tomorrow is Saturday, stay with me :howdareyou_meme_cat:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, B. Leigh said:

Ok this is how I feel about the docs:

I don't think anything big is coming out of the CNN one but I am willing to read the summary thread on it on here after it airs in case something is there

I think the NYT one will have good first hand sources about the abuse Britney suffered while in the conservatorship and the sealed documents that NYTs already leaked in their stories...

I think the Netflix one will center on how Britney was even put in a conservatorship in the first place and the corruption in the probate court system that facilitated it...remember they have sealed documents that no one has ever seen and the Dr. who declared her incapacitated....

I’m pretty sure we’ve seen the documents that someone leaked to ELC, I assumed it was the document that came out just before the June 23rd hearing, which Penny addressed at the end of that hearing.

29 minutes ago, s&m said:

Don’t you dare to leave me here alone! I’m from Portugal so it’s going to air at 3 am as well. Tomorrow is Saturday, stay with me :howdareyou_meme_cat:

21 minutes ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

Streaming party!!!

I'm going to stay up guys :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

I hope these streaming links work - do we just have the one?