The New York Times: Controlling Britney Spears (Framing Britney Spears Part 2) - DISCUSSION THREAD

28 minutes ago, G-unit said:

I’m pretty sure we’ve seen the documents that someone leaked to ELC, I assumed it was the document that came out just before the June 23rd hearing, which Penny addressed at the end of that hearing.

I don't think so...that was covered and released by the NYTs...

I could be wrong but I think ELC has knew unseen documents...

40 minutes ago, Tony Hanf said:

New evidence that judge penny suggested not telling Britney her rights!??

That *****. 

It was Reva Goetz that did that … she should be jailed along with Ingham. Ingham should have to pay back the 5 million dollars he took as a paycheck since he fraudulently placed Britney in a Conservatorship and represented the interests of her oppressors instead of the person he was supposed to represent… he was her only voice to the court. We haven’t forgotten about you Ingham …

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Can we please stop being so reductive?

Britney never said "I hate these documentaries". She said that she hates people bringing back past trauma because she's over them already, and because they are personal and it's embarrassing to see them all played out over and over again for people from all over the world to see. Who wouldn't hate THAT?

"Framing Britney Spears" was fantastic for the general public, who lost touch on her since, say, the "Toxic" video or whatever, so they needed all that information and visual summary, but it's different for us fans and even more so for Britney herself. "Framing..." was general and pretty much about misogyny, media abuse, mental health, and even human rights. I guess "Controlling..." will be about the conservatorship itself, so more specific, and I'm sure Britney will appreciate that being in the open and talked about, at least to some extent.

• Love 6
  • Like 3