The New York Times: Controlling Britney Spears (Framing Britney Spears Part 2) - DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, imadrinkyuradrunk said:

This is such a double edged sword for Britney.. on one hand, these documentaries have helped shed light to the corruption of her conservatorship to the GP (and celebs) making her feel like she could speak up and be heard in court, leading to massive moves towards her freedom!! And then there’s the other hand we can’t ignore; she doesn’t like the publicity it’s brought to her life and the embarrassing moments they show about her past.... 

For me personally, while I understand why Britney could be upset about multiple documentaries coming out, the positive impact they bring to the public (and scaring team con) outweighs the latter. (I am NOT saying Britney’s opinions and feelings aren’t valid! They certainly are, but I think the most important part is the shift these documentaries are bringing to her case) And I’m choosing to support anything that exposes team con so Britney can live a free life. 

#freebritney 

I just want to add this.

Britney has never said she disliked the documentaries, her Instagram caption did, alongside a dancing video, weeks after its release. That, alongside Vivian's statements, was damage control, and the court documents from April state that Jamie is monitoring social media in the wake or Free Britney gaining mainstream traction.

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, Weld said:

So all these people who witnessed Britney's abuse are willing to break their NDA's for justice to prevail, but all Sam can do is whine about 'exploitive' these documentaries are? He knows what she has gone through more than anyone else and has been complicit in hiding the truth when she was forced into the facility.

I agree with you. That's why I'm taking Sam at a distance, he's still not clean for me. I know this opinion about Sam is not very popular on this form, but somehow I don't care.

Honestly, Sam should be the first person to break his NDA and tell what the **** is really going on there.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, Freakshow__ said:

When Britney was in court in june, it seems like she wanted to be heard. Why would she hate these documentaries? weird...

I think for someone that was known for a fearless performer to be seen as a victim of terrible organized scheme, must hit hard at home. I think Britney is an incredible person for enduring all of this, but she strikes me as a proud person, and I think for anyone who is proud, you wouldn't want people to start knowing everything that you have endured. I hope she doesn't see it as something humiliating but rather, liberating. 

While I do like Sam, I do think he's part of the toxic positivity movement. Just always be happy or "choose to be happy". I understand the need to stay positive to get out of this situation, but also, there's a fair share of horror that Britney must have dissociated from. Like, pretty sure that Britney must be a bit dissociated from events surrounding her life right now. She has endured a **** load of trauma. 

I think it's a given that Britney was raised in a very conservative environment, and I think that conservative upbringing has a share of shame learning in it. I think this is where her brain goes when she sees all of this out there. It's like being a victim is wrong, when in fact, NO, it's not. You have been abused, and used. 

• Love 7
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

What was the deal with these devices that Britney and her security team wore? And those black bags they carry around? Did we ever get to the bottom of that?

No idea, when the former security guard talked about a hard drive my mind immediately thought of this picture! 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, FreeBritneyForever said:

Ok now it feels like too much. I’m all for educating the general public but can we stick to like, one doc, maybe?

:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

I'm kind of feeling this way too now....

Her life has been turned into a juicy true crime content.

this is probably only just the beginning of it too.... I'm sure we can expect a scripted movie, series and miniseries sometime soon. I'm sure things are in the works as we speak.

I just hope Britney is feeling okay right now with everyone discussing her life.

Sending her so much love.

Hopefully she feels that everyone means well and that the world is rooting for her.

27 minutes ago, dfffff said:

I agree with you. That's why I'm taking Sam at a distance, he's still not clean for me. I know this opinion about Sam is not very popular on this form, but somehow I don't care.

Honestly, Sam should be the first person to break his NDA and tell what the **** is really going on there.

Do you think Britney would be okay with him being in these documentaries? I doubt it 

1 hour ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

What was the deal with these devices that Britney and her security team wore? And those black bags they carry around? Did we ever get to the bottom of that?

The rumor I heard back in the day was, that they recorded it for the court. Something about security and stuff, why britney needs bodyguards,.... but just a rumor

• Like 2