Will the label break up with Britney or release more albums?

18 minutes ago, Arianna said:

I wasn’t attacking or questioning you I was genuinely curious :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

I know, I wasn't attacking you either, sorry if it sounded that way:lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

I don't like how thru social media certain sentences can sound mean when they really aren't:lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

Also for extra context since you seemed to be interested in the Pretty World/B9 topic, I believe Team Britney was trying to put a single out and see what sticks a la Rihanna. I think that's why they weren't all out with promoting PG as the new lead single even tho they did mention it here and there it would be. Same thing happened with Make Me, the song dropped randomly even tho like 1 or 2 weeks before Britney had said she had "no idea" of when her next album would come out, which suggests the song being her 1st single was not set in stone and Team Britney did not anticipate so much hype after the Britney Jean fiasco. Even Billboard guaranteed when Make Me dropped that it would not be her lead single, then some time after it dropped, Team Britney confirmed it was, I think it was due to it doing well (the #17 debut and strong first week sales) so maybe they just decided to go with that.

• Like 1

From what I understand it was a 4 album deal. 

And that record store deal was a compilation, as those tracks were issued outside the US in special editions.

So she still owes 3 studio albums. 

from what Fans researched, Her team and team con don't benefit from her Music or perfume. 

Just merchandise like T Shirts and such which is under Britney brands which is Lou's (allegedly, but proven to be true) company that she filed to register as a business. 

So the RCA contract was dealt with Britney alone. 

• Like 6

RCA should support Britney being free. If money is what they care about, i’m sure they can understand how big a free Britney album would be for them. 
No more Jamie, LT and Larry’s. It’s so old world. They should support our Queen and get her a young hungry team who understand how the media works now. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

All speculation it’s no confirm evidence to say what contract she’s in. We don’t know if a new just started or not 

She signed a new one after Britney Jean was released because the release of BJ ended the contract she was currently in. It’s most likely that she signed a new one for 3-4 more albums which is pretty normal so Glory counts as one of those which means she owes them 2-3 more albums and a lot of times they need to be studio albums. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ShatteredBoy said:

I don't know why some uninformed fans are saying Pretty World was never a thing. It was well known back then that Britney had an album ready to go with Pretty Girls but then scrapped 90% of it after the tragic response to PG. Even Iggy confirmed some of these rumours.

I’m gonna need receipts for this. It’s well known Britney recorded Liar before she recorded Pretty Girls.

12 hours ago, ShatteredBoy said:

I don't know why some uninformed fans are saying Pretty World was never a thing. It was well known back then that Britney had an album ready to go with Pretty Girls but then scrapped 90% of it after the tragic response to PG. Even Iggy confirmed some of these rumours.

I believe it was only rumored to be an EP back in 2015, even Larry mentioned something like this during a Billboard interview :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

In my opinion, I think they were only trying to find new sounds for Britney and she had a few other tracks already recorded. Let's keep in mind she used to record every now and then without necessarily working on a actual album(e.g. "I wanna go" was recorded in 2009 in stockholm). Surely RCA & Britney's team didn't receive the feedback they were expecting from PG so they decided to keep working but on a different route :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

im surprised we havent gotten another Greatest Hits by now tbh. Record labels can apparently release one without the artist's permission or involvement so im surprised RCA hasnt released one yet to make a quick buck

Funnily enough, i had a conversation on Facebook about this sort of thing about the Spice Girls because apparently they signed a five album deal when they  got signed, They released 3 albums and a greatest hits which ive been told GH counts as a album. So all together they released 4 albums and still contractually obliged to one more album. But someone said that artists can get away with not releasing the number of albums the contract says but it means that they cant sign to another record label until they released that number of albums [unless of course they buy their way out]. So, i think SG signed that album contract in 1995 so been under it for 26 years and their last 'album' was their Greatest Hits album they released in 2007 which is now 14 years ago and they still havent been dropped. so it looks like RCA wont drop Britney even if she never releases an album ever again

• Like 4
19 hours ago, Isla said:

Fans still think Pretty World was a real album huh? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I'm pretty sure she's still only released one album on this current contract, which is Glory. I don't think the 2020 rerelease counts but I might be wrong, although I've never seen why a rerelease would count.

Speaking of Pretty World, I heard Pretty Girls on the radio last night and almost died :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Haha 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Isla said:

I’m gonna need receipts for this. It’s well known Britney recorded Liar before she recorded Pretty Girls.

I have posted receipts of Britney herself saying it if you look a few posts below!

48 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

I believe it was only rumored to be an EP back in 2015, even Larry mentioned something like this during a Billboard interview :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

In my opinion, I think they were only trying to find new sounds for Britney and she had a few other tracks already recorded. Let's keep in mind she used to record every now and then without necessarily working on a actual album(e.g. "I wanna go" was recorded in 2009 in stockholm). Surely RCA & Britney's team didn't receive the feedback they were expecting from PG so they decided to keep working but on a different route :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

Yeah could have been an EP! I say album as that was the main rumour and both Britney and Iggy said it was the lead single from her new album but it could also be an EP you’re right!

13 hours ago, ShatteredBoy said:

Yes Iggy told MTV that she wanted PG for her album but Britney no, she wanted it on hers as her album is done.

"It was such a journey, that song. I got asked and it was her song, and then she didn't think she would have her album done in time, and then I rewrote parts of it and it became my song, and I tried to make it all mine and keep it. Then she said, 'No, no, I am going to take it, my album is ready,'" Iggy said. "And so I swung it back her way because she's Britney Spears, you have to do that. She gets whatever she wants."

https://www.mtv.com/news/2119377/iggy-azalea-britney-spears-album-ready-pretty-girls/

• Like 3
1 hour ago, pablitonizer said:

That’s what I thought too. Maybe they thought Pretty Girls was meant to be the lead single for Glory but when it flopped they went back to the studio to work on new tracks.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jonloch1 said:

im surprised we havent gotten another Greatest Hits by now tbh. Record labels can apparently release one without the artist's permission or involvement so im surprised RCA hasnt released one yet to make a quick buck

Funnily enough, i had a conversation on Facebook about this sort of thing about the Spice Girls because apparently they signed a five album deal when they  got signed, They released 3 albums and a greatest hits which ive been told GH counts as a album. So all together they released 4 albums and still contractually obliged to one more album. But someone said that artists can get away with not releasing the number of albums the contract says but it means that they cant sign to another record label until they released that number of albums [unless of course they buy their way out]. So, i think SG signed that album contract in 1995 so been under it for 26 years and their last 'album' was their Greatest Hits album they released in 2007 which is now 14 years ago and they still havent been dropped. so it looks like RCA wont drop Britney even if she never releases an album ever again

GH album counts as another album when includes at least 1 previously unreleased track as far as I know :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

On the other hand, GH albums are pointless nowadays with all the streaming services so unless it's a very special deluxe edition in physical form I don't see record labels spending money on it as sales do not justify it. This is the reason why we haven't gotten a new Britney greatest hits since 2014 :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I also believe Glory re-release LP from last year counts as another studio album since it included 3 previously unreleased track (yes, Mood Ring was a limited release in 2016 but not globally) + new booklet design. They released it in LP form so thay can obviously charge more and get some money back :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Britney's RCA contract is pretty much still alive and now that her streaming numbers have increased in the past year, I don't see them dropping her anytime soon. I'm sure they're just waiting for her when she's ready to go back into the studio, without pressure or rush (yet) :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching: 

• Like 1

Also as well, this has just came into my mind. After Cher released her Living Proof album in 2001, she didnt release a new album for 12 years until 2013 [apart from Very Best Of Cher album but that was in 2003 so even so it was 10 years she didnt release any sort of album] and she wasnt dropped 

• Like 1

Pretty World? Only If It's a JL album :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Glory was the first album from the new contract, usually contracts like that are for three or four.

RCA probably wants to release new Britney stuff and take advantage of FreeBritney, we saw the shameless re-release of Glory with the two ugly demos as a "gift for fans" last year.

Maybe they're waiting Jamie's out of the picture to milk Britney "new freedom". They most likely won't drop her now that she has the public on her side, wouldn't be smart. 

It would be an amazing dream If she was dropped by RCA tho.

13 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

Also as well, this has just came into my mind. After Cher released her Living Proof album in 2001, she didnt release a new album for 12 years until 2013 [apart from Very Best Of Cher album but that was in 2003 so even so it was 10 years she didnt release any sort of album] and she wasnt dropped 

Oh man,I don’t even want to think about waiting soooo long for New Britney Music. Imagine waiting 12 years just for them to release another Britney Jean or worse, one of those AI robo voice songs that can imitate vocals!  :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:   :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Like 2

I really hope she changes her record label as soon as she is free. RCA is garbage, after Broccoli Juice I finally understood why Xtina's career was always 10 steps behind Britney's. They treat their artists so poorly. 

I know RCA belongs to Sony the same way Jive did but I wonder why did Jive Records was disolved? Where did all these people go? Did they stay in the Sony company? What would happen if Britney changed heer record label? Would she still be able to use her past material?