Will the label break up with Britney or release more albums?

2 hours ago, Isla said:

‘Pretty World’ evolved into Glory. Liar was recorded before Pretty Girls was (and possibly Swimming In the Stars too). They just decided not to use Pretty Girls for the album. 

No Pretty World did not evolve into Glory when only one song from Pretty World survived into Glory.

To put things into perspective since now everyone wants to deny that Pretty World existed and then got scrapped...

Britney had an album ready to go when Pretty Girls dropped. Then that album never comes out and Britney comes back more than a year later with a brand new lead single and completely new album where only Liar (from the Pretty World era) survived. It’s obvious they scrapped the album since the material was probably Pretty Girls-esque. I don’t get the big deal, this happens all the time in the music industry. Pretty World was Pretty World and Glory was Glory.

8 hours ago, ShatteredBoy said:

No Pretty World did not evolve into Glory when only one song from Pretty World survived into Glory.

To put things into perspective since now everyone wants to deny that Pretty World existed and then got scrapped...

Britney had an album ready to go when Pretty Girls dropped. Then that album never comes out and Britney comes back more than a year later with a brand new lead single and completely new album where only Liar (from the Pretty World era) survived. It’s obvious they scrapped the album since the material was probably Pretty Girls-esque. I don’t get the big deal, this happens all the time in the music industry. Pretty World was Pretty World and Glory was Glory.

I’m more inclined to believe that the album just evolved over time. Not to mention at the time of Pretty Girls’ release Larry said Britney was ‘just releasing singles’. They just recorded some songs in the same vein as Pretty Girls they decided not to use as they kept recording new tracks, but kept some of the earlier songs like Liar. 

1 hour ago, Isla said:

I’m more inclined to believe that the album just evolved over time. Not to mention at the time of Pretty Girls’ release Larry said Britney was ‘just releasing singles’. They just recorded some songs in the same vein as Pretty Girls they decided not to use as they kept recording new tracks, but kept some of the earlier songs like Liar. 

I disagree, both Iggy and Britney said it was the lead from Britney's new album so there was an album ready or almost ready. If only Liar survived into Glory and rest was scrapped I don't see that as evolving but as starting fresh. Let's agree to disagree I guess.

1 hour ago, ShatteredBoy said:

I disagree, both Iggy and Britney said it was the lead from Britney's new album so there was an album ready or almost ready. If only Liar survived into Glory and rest was scrapped I don't see that as evolving but as starting fresh. Let's agree to disagree I guess.

I’m still going to disagree, sorry :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

• Haha 2

I just want  her to have more input in her career, especially when it comes to her albums. I want to know that she's picking the songs that she records based on her own opinions rather than what her handlers decide for her.

On a related note, I really want her to speak up about who's really behind her social media accounts when the conservatorship is finally over. 

On 6/15/2021 at 5:28 PM, Isla said:

‘Pretty World’ evolved into Glory. Liar was recorded before Pretty Girls was (and possibly Swimming In the Stars too). They just decided not to use Pretty Girls for the album. 

I believe clumsy and if I’m dancing were late 2014/early 2015 as wel.

I hope they release a rarities album with all of her unreleased work :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

The chances of that happening are low so... I'd like if RCA dropped Miss Britney Spears, full stop. 

Then whenever Brit Brit is ready to get back into the studio on HER terms, she can work with a new label that is not RCA because we all know RCA is the worst label out there :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

On 6/10/2021 at 1:28 AM, Arianna said:

Receipts plz

i’m still holding out for the Justin Tranter album 

Iggy Azalea on Working with Britney Spears for Their Song 'Pretty Girls' - YouTube 

in this interview Iggy says at around 1min 15s she got a call saying Britneys album was ready and it was gunna be the first single. Also remember when they performed it at Billboard Music Awards i think it was, above them had a big sign saying Pretty World which was rumoured to be the album title

10 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

Iggy Azalea on Working with Britney Spears for Their Song 'Pretty Girls' - YouTube 

in this interview Iggy says at around 1min 15s she got a call saying Britneys album was ready and it was gunna be the first single. Also remember when they performed it at Billboard Music Awards i think it was, above them had a big sign saying Pretty World which was rumoured to be the album title

found it,, it was the Billboard Music Awards and you see the sign at exactly 1 minute Britney Spears & Iggy Azalea Perform Pretty Girls @ 2015 Billboard Music Awards - YouTube 

Out of respect and star power I’m sure Britney would be able to get out of any contract she is in with RCA, within reason.

They still own her masters and radio rights and they bring in enough money, and let’s be honest Britney couldn’t give 2 ****s about her back catalogue once she has her freedom. I like to remember Britney as the passionate 21 year old she was back then, and fight for the mother and human she is today. Period. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

Out of respect and star power I’m sure Britney would be able to get out of any contract she is in with RCA, within reason.

They still own her masters and radio rights and they bring in enough money, and let’s be honest Britney couldn’t give 2 ****s about her back catalogue once she has her freedom. I like to remember Britney as the passionate 21 year old she was back then, and fight for the mother and human she is today. Period. 

I really do feel like she would do that, don’t care about her back catalogue and would just think “I’ll just produce more albums and be smarter with the contracts”

Artists do NOT have to release an album until they are ready. The label can't force them, however the label can drop them (they won't drop her) or until she gives them those albums she will not be able to sign to another label. If Britney isn't working, she won't be looking for a new label anyway so it's fine. NSYNC owed Jive another album AFTER the Greatest Hits album and that never happened.

• Like 1