Will the label break up with Britney or release more albums?

11 hours ago, Million Billion said:

I really hope she changes her record label as soon as she is free. RCA is garbage, after Broccoli Juice I finally understood why Xtina's career was always 10 steps behind Britney's. They treat their artists so poorly. 

I know RCA belongs to Sony the same way Jive did but I wonder why did Jive Records was disolved? Where did all these people go? Did they stay in the Sony company? What would happen if Britney changed heer record label? Would she still be able to use her past material? 

brenda joanne was the last album from JIVE though

and it was **** because it was a rushed, mashed up mess. HOWEVER, if she released the original mv for perfume and alien as a single the sales would be diff.

But a ******* intern had to leak those warming up records of alien recording at the time perfume mv bombed and bj era was done

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Ramerita said:

brenda joanne was the last album from JIVE though

and it was **** because it was a rushed, mashed up mess. HOWEVER, if she released the original mv for perfume and alien as a single the sales would be diff.

But a ******* intern had to leak those warming up records of alien recording at the time perfume mv bombed and bj era was done

I think Femme Fatale was the last release under Jive, right? Criminal was the first single handled by RCA I believe. 

And let’s be thankful they didn’t release more singles from that album since it was a mess, it didn’t need anymore attention 😛

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, e_ffen said:

I think Femme Fatale was the last release under Jive, right? Criminal was the first single handled by RCA I believe. 

And let’s be thankful they didn’t release more singles from that album since it was a mess, it didn’t need anymore attention 😛

Correct FF was her last Jive release and her first RCA release was B In The Mix 2.  FF was very successful but creatively/artistically  it was a low point! I still can’t that Criminal was released as the final single! Such a horrible choice, it’s her worst single! 

1 minute ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Correct FF was her last Jive release and her first RCA release was B In The Mix 2.  FF was very successful but creatively/artistically  it was a low point! I still can’t that Criminal was released as the final single! Such a horrible choice, it’s her worst single! 

hold on lemme check my bj album cuz i swear brenda is the last one

what kind of mandella effect ....

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

There was a poll on twitter and FB as far as I remember. Fans had to pick b/w Inside Out, Drop Dead Beautiful and Criminal. Criminal won.

Criminal, He about to lose me and Don't Keep Me Waiting were the only non-currentish / non-maintreamish tracks on the album at the time. Fans wanted to prove the world that Brit Brit was not a mainstream product with no substance and could do something different from  dance hits... different times .... fans bases fought like crazy on the internet .

It depends on how long the C-ship battle lasts for.

As much as I want to be optimistic, ending the C-ship could take a lot of time. Sorry, but legal battles are digested food... 

RCA might do do the same Britney (LP3) compilation they did with Oops! for its 20th anniversary 

A1. When I found you

A2. I Run Away

A3. Before The Goodbye

A4. Intimidated

B1. Slave Remix

B2. Overprotected Remix

B3. Not A Girl Remix

B4.  Boys Remix

and then the same for ITZ

A1 Me Against The Music Remix

A2 Toxic Remix

A3 Everytime Remix

A4 Outrageous Remix

B1 The Answer

B2 Intimidated

B3 I've Just Begun

B4 Boys And Girls

But they might also be the ones to release Britney's first studio album as a free Woman since Blackout. If the cards are played right, it could Britney's Ray Of Light, Believe (Cher), The emancipation Of Mimi (Can you imagine if B10 is called The Autonomy Of Britney *****).

Her freedom is more important than everything though. If she wants to quit music after that, she should!

2 hours ago, Ramerita said:

hold on lemme check my bj album cuz i swear brenda is the last one

what kind of mandella effect ....

it wasn't

B8 was the last album she had pending from her previous contract. But during the FF era, between IWG and Criminal, Jive was absorbed by RCA. Thus, Criminal was released under RCA.

Britney Jean was released under RCA too, but it was carried over from her previous contract, because RCA inherited it from Jive. 

Everyone were expecting her to change labels after this, but instead they renewed her contract. 

Glory was then the first album from the new contract, but it was certainly not the first under RCA.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I would have done a DDB remix or UND as single #4, but I don’t mind Criminal though. Surprisingly, I know a lot of casual fans who name Criminal as one of their favorite Britney tracks, and here I thought it was a complete flop and would not be remembered. It has pretty good streams and will ultimately help Femme Fatale go 2x platinum - so not all that bad in my book 😛

21 minutes ago, Crabo Lavender Turmeric said:

How do you know they didn't ? How many album did Britney owe in 2004 and 2009 ?

well, we don't, but the article that Billboard did at the time when Britney was about to end her contract in 2012 mentioned the sales of "her seven studio releases" implying these were all that were counting. 

I've never heard a rule about a compilation having a new track was considered a studio album though. Greatest Hits and The Singles Collection have always been treated as compilations, even the remixes albums are, independently of whether they have new tracks or not (like B in the Mix Vol. 2). Under that same logic, as I said, in 2012, they were saying she was 1 album away from finishing her contract, yet they released Oops! I Did It Again: The Best of Britney Spears (2012) , Playlist: The Very Best of Britney Spears (2012) and The Essential Britney Spears (2013), but it wasn't until Britney Jean came out that the contract was finalized. 

On 6/10/2021 at 5:54 AM, pablitonizer said:

I believe it was only rumored to be an EP back in 2015, even Larry mentioned something like this during a Billboard interview :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

In my opinion, I think they were only trying to find new sounds for Britney and she had a few other tracks already recorded. Let's keep in mind she used to record every now and then without necessarily working on a actual album(e.g. "I wanna go" was recorded in 2009 in stockholm). Surely RCA & Britney's team didn't receive the feedback they were expecting from PG so they decided to keep working but on a different route :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

On 6/10/2021 at 7:14 AM, Isla said:

That’s what I thought too. Maybe they thought Pretty Girls was meant to be the lead single for Glory but when it flopped they went back to the studio to work on new tracks.

On 6/10/2021 at 6:50 AM, alienatedNey said:

Yes Iggy told MTV that she wanted PG for her album but Britney no, she wanted it on hers as her album is done.

"It was such a journey, that song. I got asked and it was her song, and then she didn't think she would have her album done in time, and then I rewrote parts of it and it became my song, and I tried to make it all mine and keep it. Then she said, 'No, no, I am going to take it, my album is ready,'" Iggy said. "And so I swung it back her way because she's Britney Spears, you have to do that. She gets whatever she wants."

https://www.mtv.com/news/2119377/iggy-azalea-britney-spears-album-ready-pretty-girls/

I specifically remember Pretty Girls’ promo being all over the place. The single had a lot of buzz around it. Her website relaunched with a new look (when they used that link and white logo for her name) and there was the promo with Uber. The song went from being Iggy’s single, to Britney’s, to the lead single from Britney’s album, and then “just a buzz single”. After the song was released and the song was confirmed to neither be Britney or Iggy’s sole song but rather a duet, Larry did an interview where he said albums were no longer the main focus of the industry and the plan with Britney was to just drop a bunch of singles. Some time later Make Me dropped which started the Glory era. 

If I had to make a guess, Team B was ready to release “Glory” by 2015. I don’t know about the album sounding entirely different, but I feel like her team was ready to move ahead with the project. Who knows, the album probably would have had Pretty Girls as lead single and feature some songs like Liar, Exaholic, Clumsy, Man on the Moon, Swimming in the Stars (OG ballad version?). It’s hard to say. Say what you will about Pretty Girls, but I think Britney had a lot of fun with it. She looked into it and critics (and fans! Don’t think I forgot!) initially raved about how Britney sounded so alive and happy compared to Britney Jean. A new era was definitely upon us. Britney had increased public appearances, magazine shoots, she was everywhere. Then it all came to a halt when Pretty Girls tanked. The record probably didn’t take its final form until Make Me came about. That’s how we got to Britney’s initial vision with the video, the production delays, the “will this be her lead single?” And yadayadayada

• Like 2
1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

I specifically remember Pretty Girls’ promo being all over the place. The single had a lot of buzz around it. Her website relaunched with a new look (when they used that link and white logo for her name) and there was the promo with Uber. The song went from being Iggy’s single, to Britney’s, to the lead single from Britney’s album, and then “just a buzz single”. After the song was released and the song was confirmed to neither be Britney or Iggy’s sole song but rather a duet, Larry did an interview where he said albums were no longer the main focus of the industry and the plan with Britney was to just drop a bunch of singles. Some time later Make Me dropped which started the Glory era. 

If I had to make a guess, Team B was ready to release “Glory” by 2015. I don’t know about the album sounding entirely different, but I feel like her team was ready to move ahead with the project. Who knows, the album probably would have had Pretty Girls as lead single and feature some songs like Liar, Exaholic, Clumsy, Man on the Moon, Swimming in the Stars (OG ballad version?). It’s hard to say. Say what you will about Pretty Girls, but I think Britney had a lot of fun with it. She looked into it and critics (and fans! Don’t think I forgot!) initially raved about how Britney sounded so alive and happy compared to Britney Jean. A new era was definitely upon us. Britney had increased public appearances, magazine shoots, she was everywhere. Then it all came to a halt when Pretty Girls tanked. The record probably didn’t take its final form until Make Me came about. That’s how we got to Britney’s initial vision with the video, the production delays, the “will this be her lead single?” And yadayadayada

This sounds about right. I don’t think there was a whole scrapped album though, rather it just ‘evolved’ after Pretty Girls flopped.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Isla said:

This sounds about right. I don’t think there was a whole scrapped album though, rather it just ‘evolved’ after Pretty Girls flopped.

It’s not uncommon for this to happen with artists. It happened the same year with Ariana Grande and Focus/Dangerous Woman. It happened sometime again with Camila Cabello with Crying In the Club/Havana

• Like 1
9 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Well, the fact something is mainstream doesnt necessarily means it lacks artistry. Yes, Femme Fatale was mainstream but it was needed tbh. When she "came back" with Circus the pop music competition wasnt as tight as it became in 2010-2011 with newer artist here and there. 

In my opinion, the real problem was (once again) the c-ship. We can see how Britney fought for making her own artistic decisions in the In The Zone era, the rumored 5th album at the time (Original Doll if you wanna call it that way) and the Blackout era. She became much more involved in the making of her career. Had she been FREE as from 2007 to date.... maybe Circus, Femme Fatale, Britney Jean and Glory wouldnt be the way they are or they simply wouldnt exist. I feel like the music and the feed from her in general (music, performances, interviews, music videos, etc) depended like 80% on the c-ship. 

Femme Fatale was a great album.