Will the label break up with Britney or release more albums?

11 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Well, the fact something is mainstream doesnt necessarily means it lacks artistry. Yes, Femme Fatale was mainstream but it was needed tbh. When she "came back" with Circus the pop music competition wasnt as tight as it became in 2010-2011 with newer artist here and there. 

In my opinion, the real problem was (once again) the c-ship. We can see how Britney fought for making her own artistic decisions in the In The Zone era, the rumored 5th album at the time (Original Doll if you wanna call it that way) and the Blackout era. She became much more involved in the making of her career. Had she been FREE as from 2007 to date.... maybe Circus, Femme Fatale, Britney Jean and Glory wouldnt be the way they are or they simply wouldnt exist. I feel like the music and the feed from her in general (music, performances, interviews, music videos, etc) depended like 80% on the c-ship. 

Femme Fatale was a great album. 

Femme Fatale was not a great album it was cookie cutter and not something a seasoned artist like Britney should put out! Her original concept for the album was much different but Jive wanted easy hits so it was overhauled into a generic forgettable album. Glory I think besides Circus is the only album she’s had much say in post conservatorship...it’s actually similar to the direction she wanted FF to go in. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Femme Fatale was not a great album it was cookie cutter and not something a seasoned artist like Britney should put out! Her original concept for the album was much different but Jive wanted easy hits so it was overhauled into a generic forgettable album. Glory I think besides Circus is the only album she’s had much say in post conservatorship...it’s actually similar to the direction she wanted FF to go in. 

Unless your independent or like Madonna or some females that actually are willing to fight with record labels, and actually get their way or cancel projects.

As we see It seems Britney caves and didn't get her vision for Femme fatale..

Madonna had to fight to get Human nature as a single, but warner wanted the more radio friendly Don't stop to follow up Take a Bow, as we see Warner lost cos Madonna reminded them who actually is recording and releasing music on her own label. Warner lost several battles because Maverick records gave Madonna the bigger upper hand as it was her own label that her music appeared on, while warner was just a distribution to the product.  

On 6/11/2021 at 7:50 PM, lustwecantcontrol said:

Correct FF was her last Jive release and her first RCA release was B In The Mix 2.  FF was very successful but creatively/artistically  it was a low point! I still can’t that Criminal was released as the final single! Such a horrible choice, it’s her worst single! 

No Pretty Girls is her worst single, that song is simply embarrassing.

Maybe this is a stupid question but…we all know that Britney has been forced to do some stuff through her whole career, especially when it comes to music. How is she able to just say „no I’m not gonna record till my father is gone“ all of a sudden? We know that her whole life and music is so heavily controlled, so how is this possible? 

16 minutes ago, cocodeluxe said:

Maybe this is a stupid question but…we all know that Britney has been forced to do some stuff through her whole career, especially when it comes to music. How is she able to just say „no I’m not gonna record till my father is gone“ all of a sudden? We know that her whole life and music is so heavily controlled, so how is this possible? 

Most people believe it’s because of the restraining order against Jamie and the involuntary commitment Jamie put Britney in a “rehab” center. She lost 50/50 arrangement on custody ... not much left to lose at this point. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Unless your independent or like Madonna or some females that actually are willing to fight with record labels, and actually get their way or cancel projects.

As we see It seems Britney caves and didn't get her vision for Femme fatale..

Madonna had to fight to get Human nature as a single, but warner wanted the more radio friendly Don't stop to follow up Take a Bow, as we see Warner lost cos Madonna reminded them who actually is recording and releasing music on her own label. Warner lost several battles because Maverick records gave Madonna the bigger upper hand as it was her own label that her music appeared on, while warner was just a distribution to the product.  

Well Britney used to fight for her way, but as we all know she really doesn’t have much of a say in things anymore thanks to the conservatorship. 

I would love a Tom’s Dinner Album! She was so beautiful on that track and he did wonderful. I don’t believe Britney is done with her music. Glory is such an amazing album. She really pushed her sound in many directions. I listen to it everyday on my way to werk (Betch) Obsessed. Seems a lot of fans want it to be 2003. I loved her than and I love her even more now. She has grown in every way and I love listening to her lyrics to hear how she has evolved. I would enjoy it if she released a surprise album of just singer song writer vibes. I’d love for her to work with some badssa ladies like Alanis, Fiona Apple, Melissa Etheredge, Mariah Carey. I really think Mariah’s comprehension of music, tone, pitch, lyrics, and her gift for catchy melodies would really expand Britney’s catalogue. Britney herself has a wonderful way with words and a great song writer as well. Mariah truly understands other people’s vocal abilities. She would write Brit a flawless ballad. Britney is very expressive and adventurous with her vocal performances. Mariah and Britney’s vocals would be extremely fun to hear them both on a track. Like Obsessed... would be awesome, legendary, fun, ****, and hilariously cute.  

girl power GIF

• Like 1
On 6/11/2021 at 3:40 PM, studlygeorge said:

I specifically remember Pretty Girls’ promo being all over the place. The single had a lot of buzz around it. Her website relaunched with a new look (when they used that link and white logo for her name) and there was the promo with Uber. The song went from being Iggy’s single, to Britney’s, to the lead single from Britney’s album, and then “just a buzz single”. After the song was released and the song was confirmed to neither be Britney or Iggy’s sole song but rather a duet, Larry did an interview where he said albums were no longer the main focus of the industry and the plan with Britney was to just drop a bunch of singles. Some time later Make Me dropped which started the Glory era. 

If I had to make a guess, Team B was ready to release “Glory” by 2015. I don’t know about the album sounding entirely different, but I feel like her team was ready to move ahead with the project. Who knows, the album probably would have had Pretty Girls as lead single and feature some songs like Liar, Exaholic, Clumsy, Man on the Moon, Swimming in the Stars (OG ballad version?). It’s hard to say. Say what you will about Pretty Girls, but I think Britney had a lot of fun with it. She looked into it and critics (and fans! Don’t think I forgot!) initially raved about how Britney sounded so alive and happy compared to Britney Jean. A new era was definitely upon us. Britney had increased public appearances, magazine shoots, she was everywhere. Then it all came to a halt when Pretty Girls tanked. The record probably didn’t take its final form until Make Me came about. That’s how we got to Britney’s initial vision with the video, the production delays, the “will this be her lead single?” And yadayadayada

I think it had a lot to do with the music video being her most disliked video ever, because it didn't even do that bad on the charts.

Britney said in an interview that she didn't like the first material she had recorded (though she admitted some of it was given to other artists). This is when Karen Kwak was hired as the producer (who knows who was producing the first recorded material, if there was anyone at all).

I found this quote

The creative output seems a direct result of Kwak giving Spears room to play and be herself, while still keeping her in line with the demands of a major label release. “I was a filter for her, dealing with all the writers and producers who wanted to work with her,” she says. “My job was creating a process committed to good music and making sure she enjoyed doing what she loves.” That, and getting Spears out of the studio early enough daily that she could pick her boys up from school.

which is funny 'cause it sounds exactly like what will.i.am said when producing Britney Jean, which reminds me of what I said on another thread about BJ and Glory actually having a very similar recording process in terms of how involved Britney was, but that's another topic.

btw, the new website layout with the bee motif and new logo was not britneyspears.com but britney.com, which is the one from her record label. But yeah, they seemed like they were ready to kickstart the new era with this. The motif remained there until July 2016 when Make Me... was dropped.

• Like 1

Well go RCA.com .

Click artists. They have about 75 acts. 

And only 4 get label support fully.

P!NK, H.E.R. (though most of online friends says she's the best example of an industry plant and how her parents paid her way into the Music industry based off their connections), Chris Brown (before he turned 30 and his massive renewal with RCA, he became the youngest artist to own his masters) and of course Doja Cat. 

But, sadly the other artists don't get the push or the promotion that's properly needed...this has been the biggest setback for Normani, and since it's hard to get out of a legal binding contract for newer acts.

It makes it more difficult..

Plus RCA picked up like a good 75% of it's roster from when Sony shut down Jive, Arista (dormant til two years ago, The estate of whitney Houston went back to her former label as she saw her success as a major artist on that label) and of Course LaFace. 

So before all that acts dropped RCA had about 20, which was more manageable and budget wise was easier to distribute money evenly to promote and basically pay time to invest in artists. 

But due to picking up acts from other labels that meant very few will get promoted and those have proven to be commercially successful and bring in money. Only RCA severed ties with two people Dr. Luke (even bought his label from him which is now it's own subsidiary but dormant due to it's ties) and of course R. Kelly. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

Where do y'all find out information on her record contracts and the terms of them? And I mean official sources not fan Twitter account or forum hearsay.

I couldn’t give you a source but I was certain someone posted her new contract here in 2014/15 It stated how many albums were due and how Britney was going to be the person who has final day in what she wants to do. Then again, I suppose this is hearsay :eyes_britney_laugh: but I remember seeing the thread! :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

• Like 2