Could Britney Sell Out Stadiums If She Went Back On Tour?

After the cancellation of Domination and the POM tour run do you think Britney could sell out stadiums like Bey and Taylor are now days?

Britney was slaying in the 2000's since then she's retired and a crop of other females have been breaking records left and right.

Would Britney's name bring in big streams, and fill seats in a stadium tour if she went back out on the road? 

Domination Britney Spears GIF - Domination Britney Spears Vegas - Discover  & Share GIFs

• Love 2

Not anywhere. Britney lost many fans and public respect in many markets, including the USA. But I think she could sell stadiums in places like Canada, Mexico, and maybe the UK. She also has many fans in Latin America, more precisely in Brazil, although her last visit there was a failure, I believe that if she returned now she could easily fill a stadium.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4
11 minutes ago, Joel Santos said:

Not anywhere. Britney lost many fans and public respect in many markets, including the USA. But I think she could sell stadiums in places like Canada, Mexico, and maybe the UK. She also has many fans in Latin America, more precisely in Brazil, although her last visit there was a failure, I believe that if she returned now she could easily fill a stadium.

I agree overseas she could generate more of a packed house like she did for POM on certain shows she did outdoors.

• Love 1

Yes and No.

i think the only way she can pull stadium size audience is if she does a few interviews where she appears to be “her old self”- funny, witty, sweet, and present. And the biggest seller would be to see her perform amazingly with her dancing like she had pre-CON. The fallen fans, and even the casual Britney listeners would get excited to see their version of Britney they liked come back and would buy tickets. Also her ticket prices couldn’t be as much as Taylor or Beyonce. 

And now, No, because we know the Britney we see now, give no fuqs and isn’t here to be anyone’s nice, pretty, sweet pop girl anymore. She doesn’t feel the need to make anyone but herself happy. And that’s what she deserves- her happiness. Also even if she was given amazing choreography, if she didn’t want to do a move, she would just deviate from it. So her show wouldn’t be as polished as an old school Britney show was. 

So in terms of the Britney we know today, no she wouldn’t be able to sell out a stadium tour. Arenas for sure cuz she still have such a loyal hardcore following and even the fans that aren’t Stan’s but love her music and want to relive the Y2K Britney fantasy would come so they can dress in her iconic segxy costumes and get drunk and dance to the music. 

Season 8 Queen GIF by Paramount+

• Love 3
  • Like 5
Just now, MikeHunt said:

Yes and No.

i think the only way she can pull stadium size audience is if she does a few interviews where she appears to be “her old self”- funny, witty, sweet, and present. And the biggest seller would be to see her perform amazingly with her dancing like she had pre-CON. The fallen fans, and even the casual Britney listeners would get excited to see their version of Britney they liked come back and would buy tickets. Also her ticket prices couldn’t be as much as Taylor or Beyonce. 

And now, No, because we know the Britney we see now, give no fuqs and isn’t here to be anyone’s nice, pretty, sweet pop girl anymore. She doesn’t feel the need to make anyone but herself happy. And that’s what she deserves- her happiness. Also even if she was given amazing choreography, if she didn’t want to do a move, she would just deviate from it. So her show wouldn’t be as polished as an old school Britney show was. 

So in terms of the Britney we know today, no she wouldn’t be able to sell out a stadium tour. Arenas for sure cuz she still have such a loyal hardcore following and even the fans that aren’t Stan’s but love her music and want to relive the Y2K Britney fantasy would come so they can dress in her iconic segxy costumes and get drunk and dance to the music. 

Season 8 Queen GIF by Paramount+

The thing that sucks too is it would probably be another greatest hits show and most fans are tired of the 20-year-old songs being performed over and over again while she lips to the old tracks.

I think some markets in the US she would sell out arenas and many others I don't' think so.

• Like 3
Just now, monalisaney81 said:

She’d need a complete career overhaul fully cementing her as a legend & THEE Princess Of Pop. Similar to the rebranding Beyonce got in 2013. 

She’d also need a few more solid hits under her belt and 1-2 more strong albums.

It can definitely happen, just it would require a lot of work to rebuild her reputation and she does not care. 

Yeah, it would require so much to get Britney at that level of Beyonce, I could see Britney doing some small shows or small sets but I'm tired of the old hits.

It be great to get a show with mostly new material and something fresh. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DiamondCircus said:

The thing that sucks too is it would probably be another greatest hits show and most fans are tired of the 20-year-old songs being performed over and over again while she lips to the old tracks.

I think some markets in the US she would sell out arenas and many others I don't' think so.

That too, she’d need to do pre recorded vocals. It was silly seeing her lip to her 16 year old self during Baby at POM. And I get she was FORCED to work during that time, so doing the bare minimum was her way of rebelling. I would hope she would one day find her way back to having the passion to restart a touring career and self motivate to give the best show she can. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

That too, she’d need to do pre recorded vocals. It was silly seeing her lip to her 16 year old self during Baby at POM. And I get she was FORCED to work during that time, so doing the bare minimum was her way of rebelling. I would hope she would one day find her way back to having the passion to restart a touring career and self motivate to give the best show she can. 

It would be great to see Britney back, even with no tour just doing a few award show and talk show performances and showing some kind of excitement over an album or song.

• Love 3

People love to undermine her sales power because of the flop Dominion was going to be, but remember; Dominion was going to be a continuation to a vegas show that stayed past its welcome, plus the ticket sales for residencies are different than normal tour dates (people buy the tickets either very late or at the venue if possible).

While not stadiums, Britney managed to sell out almost every single ticket for Piece of Me Tour (242,627 / 252,120, 96%), and this was her lowest effort tour for sure, and it wasn't accompanied by succesful album like her previous tours, and it had minimal amount of ads.

So.. I'd say, she could sell out stadiums if she wanted to. :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

• Like 8

I think she could do what the other girls are doing and sell out tours. With or without new music.

Never underestimate the power of nostalgia.

However. I’ve not been studying my new religion of Delulu long enough to think Britney will ever do it.

If You Say So Shrug GIF

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Fab britney said:

She’d never sell out stadiums but I’m sure because she’s intriguing she’d sell out arenas that have 10-20k capacity. The streams depending on how good the music is and if it catches on by being added to big playlists 

I think the B Army needs to learn how to steam successfully and stop trying to make I Tunes happen in  2024. lol

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Joel Santos said:

Shade?

Like it or not I think Britney would have to go on a PR spree...like highly thought out, thoroughly promoted, and have an involved Britney akin to her "prime" (in person interviews, radio or podcast visits, morning and/or evening news special(s), etc)

If she just announced an album and tour without a proper team (as it stands now) I don't think it would break any more records but I mean she'd probably still do just fine

OH WELL SHE RETIRED THO 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, thegrove said:

Like it or not I think Britney would have to go on a PR spree...like highly thought out, thoroughly promoted, and have an involved Britney akin to her "prime" (in person interviews, radio or podcast visits, morning and/or evening news special(s), etc)

If she just announced an album and tour without a proper team (as it stands now) I don't think it would break any more records but I mean she'd probably still do just fine

OH WELL SHE RETIRED THO 

For sure it's a lot of work and the longer she stays retired the harder it is to get back out there.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block