Britney Spears reportedly wants to terminate the conservatorship then retire from the music industry

They're probably testing waters by releasing those unreleased tracks. They want to know if her name alone can feed the brand, knowing she is not willing to work anymore, conservatorship being in place or not. I'm glad both songs are gone already off the charts... I hate this crazy milking without her being even aware of it. 

I just want her to be happy, she truly deserves it. 

Also, come on guys, it's not brand new information she wanted to quit since forever. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I disagree. For me its clear that this is coming from Lynne's camp. And she is more aligned with Britney's current wants and needs.

The truth is Britney has probably wanted to retire for the good part of over a decade.

Anytime she is forced to recap or revisit iconic moments of her career she cringes as if she is in pain. It is clear she probably does not look back fondly on these moments and that they are traumatic and triggering to her.

britney spears lol GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Britney will finish her contractual obligations and then she will retire. She most likely wants to just settle down and have a child and raise them herself since she was robbed of the opportunity in her youth. She has zero interest in staying as a permanent fixture in the industry. She does not have the ambition to continue to churn out eras like Madonna. Britney probably has other interests she would rather pursue.

If I were here I would move out of the country. The most we can hope for is she finishes with a strong final one or two albums. Maybe puts out her own version of The Rarities/Unreleased gems. And maybe closes out her career with a Super Bowl performance. But even then I think it might be asking too much.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

So Lynne is worships J*mie again now?:clownery_makeup_meme: I'm completely lost. :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

Can all these people just **** off and move their ***** to North Korea already? I'm so ****ing tired of this mess. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she did want to retire and I wouldn't grudge her one bit for it. 

Her story is absolutely tragic and I hate to see how she has been taken advantage of.

The conservatorship has prevented her from growing in so many ways. Okay, it got Sam Lutfi out of her life and prevented her from being deposed a few times, but other than that, what have the other benefits been?  Aboslutley zilch. 

She has been robbed of so many things and most important of all, she has been robbed of being the mother she could be. All she needed was an understanding family, therapy and time to heal. I think Johnny Wright said it best around the Circus era when he stated that he wouldn't have her working so soon, and would rather see her with children than out promoting/touring. 

So, if I was in her position, and if the conservatorship was lifted or even just changed to suit her requirements, I'd settle down in a heartbeat, attempt to rebuild my life and ultimately try to have another child and do things right. 

• Love 3

The peak of Britney jealousy/envy was 2003. It felt like EVERYBODY was against her! 

Some men hated Britney Spears because she reminded them of the blonde, popular, girl, that rejected them back in high school. And a lot of females hated her because she was/is breathtakingly beautiful. And some people hated her because of her success in the music industry!

I can imagine the envy and collective hate will get to your mental health after awhile! I would damn shave my head too. Human beings can be so envious, sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
4 hours ago, void priestess said:

I suspect this as well. If she actually retired for good, literally NO ONE could blame her and she has given us so much. But this has been her whole life. Old habits die hard. She may now out for a while and in the process find her style and how to put it out there, and then she'll wanna create again. 

At the very least I can see her helping with production and influence of other albums for other artists which would be equally cool. 

But yea, she leaves for good, I support it fully. I just don't see it.

Exactly! I remember reading her letters of truth and how even though she was enjoying her time off and loving married life, she was telling us how many ideas she has and how many things she wanted to do like produce music for other people, have her own label, do movies or tv. I mean when MMC got cancelled and everyone went their own ways, she couldn't settle back into normal school life and was itching to get back to showbiz. it's a huge part of her and what she's used to, you can't just shake it off. She's a creative person and everyone who's collaborated with her says she's always bouncing off ideas whether good or bad. She gets bored easily and likes being busy, that's fine and it's natural, just the sharks around her use that against her. She knows what she wants in life and have always consistently said it but it never gets heard. She's mentioned wanting to have a residency way before even doing one as she had talked about there will be a time she would settle down to have a family and a residency would be the perfect balance in her life.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Exactly! I remember reading her letters of truth and how even though she was enjoying her time off and loving married life, she was telling us how many ideas she has and how many things she wanted to do like produce music for other people, have her own label, do movies or tv. I mean when MMC got cancelled and everyone went their own ways, she couldn't settle back into normal school life and was itching to get back to showbiz. it's a huge part of her and what she's used to, you can't just shake it off. She's a creative person and everyone who's collaborated with her says she's always bouncing off ideas whether good or bad. She gets bored easily and likes being busy, that's fine and it's natural, just the sharks around her use that against her. She knows what she wants in life and have always consistently said it but it never gets heard. She's mentioned wanting to have a residency way before even doing one as she had talked about there will be a time she would settle down to have a family and a residency would be the perfect balance in her life.

You definitely don't do something ever since childhood and then suddenly stop typically. I mean I could see a break and us not getting fed for some 5 years at most but she'd probably pick up after that. 

Personally I'd love to see her become more of a producer and writer on other artists albums like how iconic would that be? For her to be recognized and sought after with respect for her authority and artistry and not just a name and face. 

I still don't see Britney retiring, only If she physically can't perform anymore.

The lifestyle of her sons, her own, It would change a lot If she stopped everything. However, If she could I think she would retire completely... I don't see any passion left on her as an artist. She probably has that idea of getting married, more babies, being a housewife, the delusional happy family she never had.

About the source, why mentioned Felicia? The source is her or maybe Tatum, Lynne's bestie?

Anyway, this time the source seems connected with the family, not attacking Jamie directly and normalizing the c-ship.

The source is very delusional.

I honestly respect her retiring if that’s what she wants, but I would like her to at least finish with one last album. I would like her to retire with a bang. I want her to give her all, and by that I mean a tour/residency, promo, performances and so on with four singles and videos.

If it’s also her last album, I would love for her to work with a producer from each of her previous albums. I would want this to be her “most personal” and by that nothing comparing to Britney Jean. I would want her to make songs like Piece of Me and everytime. And then wrap it up with a documentary talking to her fans. 

It would be sad to see her retire and drop everything after Domination and the supposed B10 album we never got. 

Ultimately I want her to do what she wants to do and of course I would support her in whatever she chooses. She deserves happiness first and foremost and she is the only one who can define what that means to her. I would totally understand if that meant bowing out of the industry and the public eye altogether.

But... I would also be heartbroken deep down if she didn't make music anymore and would miss her terribly. She brings me such joy.:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

4 hours ago, Lantis said:

They're probably testing waters by releasing those unreleased tracks. They want to know if her name alone can feed the brand, knowing she is not willing to work anymore, conservatorship being in place or not. I'm glad both songs are gone already off the charts... I hate this crazy milking without her being even aware of it. 

I just want her to be happy, she truly deserves it. 

Also, come on guys, it's not brand new information she wanted to quit since forever. 

If she retires soon in the next few years, Do you think they would put out entire albums of unreleased songs while she is still alive?