Britney Spears reportedly wants to terminate the conservatorship then retire from the music industry

On 12/23/2020 at 11:11 AM, ColdAsFire88 said:

Thanks for posting a thread on this (from my Brian Friedman comment) I was too lazy to do it :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

Anyway, after reading the article last night i felt there was a lot to unload and a lot that we have already known/heard. 

I think its a given that Britney will be exiting the music industry BUT the wording has it worded in a way that sounds like she’ll do one or two more albums (could be GH’s Vol 3 & B10) or it could be B10 & B11. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

It sounds like she is contractually obligated to still do her Domination residency. Most likely she is and her current hiatus is due to her getting her Conservatorship straightened out. 

I can’t at how pro Jamie this article is though :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever: and then we get a dose of Fe whom we havent really heard about in years, right? Lynne sounds like a pushover too (SorryNotSorry) and no room for Jaime Lynn :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Where the heck is Bryan? :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Bryan thinks of Britney as just the brand. U know, the Britney Brand he talks as if its the family business. He said the cship has been good for the family and tried to justify the cship saying Britney is the worst driver in the world and cant make reservations. He also said Britney always wanted to get out but joked about Britney being abused. Enough said, he doesnt care about her feelings and he doesnt see her as a person. He also implied Juno is his fave sister. They probably bond over belittling Britney, being jealous of her and only caring about her money. 

13 hours ago, zxcvb said:

I don't think she was either:

"...given that Britney's estate is worth $40 million, encompasses 15 separate entities and is in the middle of a $17 million audit."

https://www.mtv.com/news/1580917/britney-spears-lawyer-ejected-from-courtroom-after-judge-doesnt-recognize-him-as-her-counsel/

She was probably facing a good amount lawsuits, however, but she was not 'ruined'.  There probably needed to be a righting of the ship but she wasn't 'broke'.

Exactly.  The 'Everytime' video-WHICH UNDERMINES LARRY RUDOLPLH'S ENTIRE CAREER-speaks for itself, along with what David LaChapelle has already had to say.

Lawsuits? 

And yeah, she was burned out at Everytime. That was it. She was dunzo. She still had experimental-ness and creativity in her plus us selfish fans so she pumped out Blackout in 2007. After that, it was pretty much forced because she brought in a lot of money. Circus in 2008/2009 - basic album, she was miserable but went with it. Femme Fatale - 110% over produced, but an extremely catchy album, it worked out just fine but she was very not into it, she was dragging herself along. Barely made it through that era even though it was 3 top 10 hits in a row. Just downhill from there career wise and anything related to her being involved in music and the art. I want her to have one more genuinely succesful era before she retires from music but like, it's been over lol

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 12/23/2020 at 8:40 AM, sutramaya said:

I can see Britney in her retirement days and be a full time dance teacher for kids. Of course I'm sad. But she knows herself better. I will respect her decision if this source turned out to be true.

I can see this too. And I think she will leave the States. I always thought she will move to New York or London, but now I´m sure she will move to Europe after all that the American system has done to her. And I can imagine that she gets a baby girl, raise her in peace and away from the public, the boys go to a university like Oxford, Cambridge. I can imagine that Britney will help other artists a bit like manager/adviser or write songs for them. Maybe brought out an EP here and there and go to a little club tour.

But I think the time with big tours all around the world with thousands of fans, CD´s releases every few years with music videos, promo tours, commercials, magazine covers, interviews is finally over.

But who knows. I just thought, yes, her music career is over, but she always wanted to be an actress. She would be great for comedy and romantic movies.

Whatever she does. I stand behind her and support it 100%. But it is strange. She wanted to quit in 2005 but wanted to release The Original Doll.I hope this time she gets the break she needs.

• Love 3
On 12/24/2020 at 12:16 AM, Robbyyyy said:

What if they tell her she can exit the conservatorship after one more album and tour (for real this time)? Would she try hard and make the biggest impact possible on her way out of the industry? Or would she kind of fizzle out on a bad note?

Didnt they already fool her saying this when she did circus?

What's the point of getting out of the cship is she's not working? They obviously can't force her to work now anyway. She was really into Domination and was forced to stop working by her dad because she didn't want to take her meds anymore. Otherwise, I would think she would want to start working again after she gets out of the cship but on her own terms this time.

2 minutes ago, Body ache said:

What's the point of getting out of the cship is she's not working? They obviously can't force her to work now anyway. She was really into Domination and was forced to stop working by her dad because she didn't want to take her meds anymore. Otherwise, I would think she would want to start working again after she gets out of the cship but on her own terms this time.

Is this a serious question? What's the point of getting out of a conservatorship if she's not working...?

• Love 1

2015-16 and 2008/09 aside. She had been hinting retirement for years now.

If and when  she gets out of cship she will most likely retire. Non of the contracts were signed by her so she can end them if she wishes. And let conservatorship team deal with lawsuits.

We can blame conservatorship all we want. But it's more than clear that's she thinks of singing as her job. Smth that she does for a living. She never does any side projects that would showcase her creativity and art. Heck she never shows off her singing and dancing on social media. Whilst every artist does that all the time. (All of this might be due to cship though. Time will tell I guess)

• Like 4

I Feel like there is some truth to it but at the same time not. I Feel like the loss Of passion, and creativity to a large degree stems from her being burned out and not really being allowed a rest or time to reflect up until now really, when she has refused to work.

I don’t think she will retire. This is selfish sure, but I always felt like she never reached her potential as an artist/singer/musician.

I do also think her creativity and passion was limited by the conservatorship and not being able to talk about everything she really wanted to talk about.

I think she will release two more albums, 1000% on her terms after the Cship. She will probably go on a tour as well. And then retire. She’s even said herself the world can’t get rid of her that easy, and I believe that. I think it all has to do with her dad.

if she DOESN’T retire, then I hope she uses time to really hone her skills as a singer, and a dancer for one last time.

Wishful thinking? Maybe. But I do believe in the artist Britney has wanted to be since day 1, and I believe she will get there if she choose home the skills and take time for reflection as a free woman who can CHOOSE to sing, as opposed to someone that is forced to 

• Love 2

I always felt like if Britney had 100% creative control she’d be more passionate about her music. She’s a performer at heart.

Looks like she’s just not interested in the music business anymore which I completely get after everything that’s happened with her. Especially given the fact that she’s been forced to release music when she clearly doesn’t want to. 

Let’s be real Britney lost her passion during In the Zone. She wasn’t even really involved in the writing of Blackout. She has been bored for years and she should have been able to just walk away from it whenever she wanted. Look at Rihanna. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Easy There said:

We can blame conservatorship all we want. But it's more than clear that's she thinks of singing as he job. Smth that she does for an living. She never does any side projects that would showcase her creativity and art. Heck she never shows off her singing and dancing on social media. Whilst every artist does that all the time.

This 100%

On 12/24/2020 at 3:11 PM, Menzo said:

Her retiring is very highly, her heart and passion hasn't been there for the longest time now.

Oh I agree about the passion, I know It hasn't been there anymore.

But like I wrote, even If she can't have access to her own money, she has a great life style and so her sons. If she stop everything and only receive old royalties from her music catalog and perfumes, things would have to change drastically.

Money goes fast. That's why I think she won't retire, but yeah... her heart isn't there anymore, understandable but sad.