Britney Spears reportedly wants to terminate the conservatorship then retire from the music industry

• Super Mods

For her sake, I hope she does retire. She’s given us all so much and has gone through so much throughout her career and life. It’s time for her to enjoy herself, her time, and those she loves.

Wasn't it rumored (or confirmed somewhere) that she wanted Blackout to be her last album? If that’s so, it’s been a while that she’s wanted to leave the limelight...

Selfishly, I would love one final album and maybe a “see ya later” tour, but honestly I’ll support whatever Britney decides!

• Love 1

Britney has given us so much and she deserves a rest, she been working her entire life and has been heavily abused by her industry. As a fan who wants nothing more than for Britney to be Happy and Heard, I would be fin with whatever she chooses to do. We all know she just wants a normal life, but in some ways I think she would get kinda bored with that sometimes and continue to make music. I think it something that she’ll always enjoy. But although she loves dancing, I don’t see her doing too much touring, maybe another residency if she’s into it. Who really knows? 
But back to her career, we all know that just the last couple of years has given her countless things to make into some amazing music. Liberating, powerful music. I just want her to be free to make her own life decisions, and be able to have the freedom to do as she may choose when it comes to crafting her art. #FreeBritney

• Love 3

Nah I don’t believe it ! She’s a performer, she’s an artist, that’s who she is. You can’t retire from that! it’s in your blood. I see her taking a longer hiatus with several additional years off without releasing new music or performing. I feel like she’s in a transitional weird time in her life right now trying to figure out what her life and career is going to be after the c ship and what she’s going to do so it might take time as well. As long as musically we finally get the real the real the real real real Britney, the real voice, in her own words, inspired, passionate and honest, a whole new career opens to her. 

imagine she comes back with her deep natural voice with live singing and a new sound :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:,

• Like 1

Not for one second do I believe she is planning on retiring. Just take a look at her Instagram.

She's always dancing or exercising. She's an active person and she loves the stage. Nevermind the fact that she is only 39. She's still young and her boys are growing into their teen years. Is she really just going to sit at home for the rest of her days? I just don't see it. She loves music too much....

Am I trying to cope?:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:
Maybe:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

But still...

• Haha 3
49 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Lol, nah. She loves to dance and sing. She doesn’t let the publicity bother her anymore. If anything, once the c-ship is over, watch her be a revered force. I just hope she can manage on her own. 

Does she live to dance and sing, though? Or is that just the fake narrative we have been fed with since For the Record to get the public back onto her brand. 

Does she not let the publicity bother her anymore? Because in the past two years alone she's seemed ticked off at the paparazzi "photoshopping" pics of her, as well as growing annoyed at people saying her pics are old to the point where she films video pointing out the time and date. 

Interested Thinking GIF by reactionseditor

To be honest, I think we have no idea who Britney is as a person today. She might "love" to sing and dance in the privacy of her own home. Not sure I believe she loves performing on stage. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Korb said:

Not for one second do I believe she is planning on retiring. Just take a look at her Instagram.

She's always dancing or exercising. She's an active person and she loves the stage. Nevermind the fact that she is only 39. She's still young and her boys are growing into their teen years. Is she really just going to sit at home for the rest of her days? I just don't see it. She loves music too much....

Am I trying to cope?:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:
Maybe:jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

But still...

All that she wants is another baby. She's gone tomorrow.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

Does she live to dance and sing, though? Or is that just the fake narrative we have been fed with since For the Record to get the public back onto her brand. 

Does she not let the publicity bother her anymore? Because in the past two years alone she's seemed ticked off at the paparazzi "photoshopping" pics of her, as well as growing annoyed at people saying her pics are old to the point where she films video pointing out the time and date. 

Interested Thinking GIF by reactionseditor

To be honest, I think we have no idea who Britney is as a person today. She might "love" to sing and dance in the privacy of her own home. Not sure I believe she loves performing on stage. 

I mean, she posts all the time on instagram and does it for charitable reasons. And it doesn't bother her as much as it should because if I got the kind of comments Britney gets, I'd hide in a hole forever. But nope, she's keeps on going like the energizer bunny that she is....

img.jpg?width=210

Bless her heart and soul. 

1 hour ago, frederiickx said:

Britney can easily get out of her label contract. They can release another greatest hits album, they already re-released Glory which counts as one on the contract, and they could literally release a rarities album, etc.

NSYNC had another album contracted and they literally released TWO greatest hits albums and then were released from the contract.

Re-release don’t count and actually *NSYNC still owe RCA a studio album. The rumor was she resigned for 3 more studio albums which means she would need to release 2 more albums that contain 6 or more new or previously unreleased songs. She’s clearly interested in working on B10 since she asked for a new executive producer for it, so she could release that and then an album of rare and unreleased material and be done 

31 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Re-release don’t count and actually *NSYNC still owe RCA a studio album. The rumor was she resigned for 3 more studio albums which means she would need to release 2 more albums that contain 6 or more new or previously unreleased songs. She’s clearly interested in working on B10 since she asked for a new executive producer for it, so she could release that and then an album of rare and unreleased material and be done 

Not true Nsync don’t owe any more albums. It’s done. Jive are gone. RCA didn’t sign them. 

3 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I disagree. For me its clear that this is coming from Lynne's camp. And she is more aligned with Britney's current wants and needs.

The truth is Britney has probably wanted to retire for the good part of over a decade.

Anytime she is forced to recap or revisit iconic moments of her career she cringes as if she is in pain. It is clear she probably does not look back fondly on these moments and that they are traumatic and triggering to her.

britney spears lol GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Britney will finish her contractual obligations and then she will retire. She most likely wants to just settle down and have a child and raise them herself since she was robbed of the opportunity in her youth. She has zero interest in staying as a permanent fixture in the industry. She does not have the ambition to continue to churn out eras like Madonna. Britney probably has other interests she would rather pursue.

If I were here I would move out of the country. The most we can hope for is she finishes with a strong final one or two albums. Maybe puts out her own version of The Rarities/Unreleased gems. And maybe closes out her career with a Super Bowl performance. But even then I think it might be asking too much.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

It's a fact. . .OK magazine is literally the same type of source as "the sun" in the UK. They're so fictional that it's almost satire. They claim it's from a "source". . . they say nothing about Britney's camp. If it was, that would be mentioned. The source could literally be anybody (including either of us). These are the same magazines that printed about Britney getting pregnant and getting an ******** back in the day. If I remember correctly, there is even an interview where she's sarcastically laughing at one of their articles. These are not magazines to go by as they helped ruin her reputation back in the day. They gossip without any facts. 

• Love 1