Britney Spears reportedly wants to terminate the conservatorship then retire from the music industry

On 12/23/2020 at 10:50 AM, Sourab Patodi said:

She is not retiring! This has been in NEWS since she signed-up for X-Factor. Then Residency comes up and everyone was like Britney will retire with some Residency shows. She is just saying because she want all these lawyers to see her as a poor investment and leave her conservative.  Once she is free, she will comeback with Bangers. 

She doesn't have to commit for long term contracts as Vegas residencies. Also her sons are growing old now. She know in like 4 years they will go to college and make thir own career. She might want another baby or so. But she will not retire. She has a lot to say, write and perform. I am sour artist in her is wanting her to do more

I’m pretty sure if she could retire she would have tbh

Jaime was in control so she couldn’t all these years

She told her son recently she is over music and this shouldn’t be a shock to us. I just hope we get one more album. 

I’ll be sad but unless her heart changes I don’t think she is into music anymore like she use to be.  It makes sense though with everything that happened 

I believe this. Rumors about her desire to retire have come up over the years and we know Jayden said she was considering quitting the biz. I mean, she's practically retired already. I'm glad she's not planning to just leave abruptly, though. I just hope when she's ready to put out her final work, it's all her and not coming from being pressured into anything. 

On 12/27/2020 at 1:54 PM, ZoneGirl said:

I believe this. Rumors about her desire to retire have come up over the years and we know Jayden said she was considering quitting the biz. I mean, she's practically retired already. I'm glad she's not planning to just leave abruptly, though. I just hope when she's ready to put out her final work, it's all her and not coming from being pressured into anything. 

Yeah, its all been pretty much spelled out for us in the past year alone. 

I feel a bit bad for the fandom. There are some people in this thread really who don't seem to want to accept that. But even that most recent episode of the Deep Dive reinforced what the article said Britney wants.

It's surprisingly the only thing she's been adamant/consistent about the last 10 years. 

Apart from her crush on Brad Pitt. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I'm personally ready to say goodbye to our girl once she's out of conservatorship. I know it's what she wants. Nothing lasts forever anyway. Actually Britney Jean already sounded like a goodbye album anyway with tracks like Don't Cry, Til its Gone, etc. 

• Like 1

Mmh - It's Britney we are talking about. I do love her with every inch of my heart but apart from the first two eras she doesn't seem to be the most reliable source regarding her career. 

Didn't she say she wanted to take a break after the Britney era? She even announced it herself and after two weeks she basically entered the recording studio again. 
Whilst promoting "Glory", she even said that she still wants to release 10 more albums because she "still have it in her" - She might be exhausted right now and finally getting the break she truly deserves but I don't think that she will ever really skip doing music. She will probably never go on touring for months/years or having a full album campaign/era but I can totally see her doing mini tours/residencies, releasing a new album now and then (every 3-4 years) and I can totally live with that if she really feels inspired.

That's why I don't think she will never retire from the music industry..even if she announces her herself. She's been very inconsistent with her statements and ambitions in the past and even though she deserves to do yoga, spend time with her sons and be dancing kinda weird on Instagram all day long until she passes away at 90+, I think that she will get tired sooner and later and decides to hit a recording studio or the stage again. 

• Love 2

I'd rather see, say, a handful of 10/10 BAMF (badass motherf*...) TV performances cementing her as Queen of Pop, similar to the 2016 VMA but grander, followed by a B10 farewell album instead of a new residency.

POM was fun in its first year and 2016, only to go downhill with anxious tics and butchered choreographies. Her live legacy must not be tainted further. Ooooor newly found energy and Domination being a short run, say half a year to a year at most (With a last bluray/DVD release! #JusticeForCircusTour)