Britney Spears reportedly wants to terminate the conservatorship then retire from the music industry

11 hours ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

britney-retire.jpg.450480222c72ae7720f096a0639ab749.jpg

Britney Spears reportedly wants to terminate the conservatorship and retire from the music industry.

“[Britney] and her father certainly have a rocky relationship at times, but this decision is not about Britney wanting to fire her father,” a source tells OK! magazine. “She wants to terminate the conservatorship.”

They add that Britney and Jamie haven't spoken in months. They write that Britney blames him for losing visitation time with her sons following Jamie's alleged physical alteration with her eldest son. 

Their source continues: “Jamie is great and he is able to get the things done that no one wants to get done, because at the end of the day Britney is going to listen to her daddy,” explained a source close to the family. “But I don’t think he and Britney are even speaking at this point. And it’s been months. The people who have really been there for Britney are her boys, Lynne, and Felicia.”

“Britney was in financial ruin and surrounded by shifty characters with not a single trustworthy person by her side when this conservatorship went into effect,” said the family source. “She had just gotten divorced, just had a baby, her aunt died, and then the worst thing of all I think was that Felicia took another job [with the Jonas BrothersOpens in a new Window.]. These snakes were all just waiting to slither up next to Britney cause they knew that once Felicia was gone they could strike.”

“I always thought it was funny to hear people talk about Britney’s conservator life like it was some kind of vacation or a relaxing trip to Canyon Ranch after Jamie took over,” noted one person involved in the initial planning of her conservatorship. “But in that first year she is back doing TV [a guest role on How I Met Your Mother], giving MTV its best ratings ever with her documentary [Britney For the Record], opening the VMAs and, in my opinion, looking the best she ever has in her career on that red carpet.”

That person continued: “Oh, and she hits number one again for ‘Womanizer,’ films that music video, gets a Grammy nomination, drops Circus and shatters pretty much all the pop music records when that debuts at one.”

“I remember everyone freaking out about depositions,” recalled the source. “And it was warranted at the start but I mean — look, I do not think there is anything nefarious going on here and these people really just want to protect Britney, but it is hard to argue that a woman who has amassed $60 million in wealth over the past 12 years while holding down a residency in Las Vegas and raising two polite and well-behaved boys is not of sound enough mind to sit for a deposition?”

“Britney loves to perform and she loves her fans, but her life revolves around her boys and her family,” said the family source. “As for her career, there have been ups and there have been downs, but she is in a place where she is fondly looking back at her 20 years in the industry. And that’s why she is ready to pack it up for good once she has completed her work obligations, reached an agreement with the record label, and wrapped up her residency [which has been on hiatus indefinitely].”

When asked what her new life might look like, the source replied: “Her Instagram accountOpens in a new Window..”

How has Exhale not melted down yet? :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Thoughts??:unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

I would take this ENTIRE thing with a grain of salt. . . this is from "Ok Magazine" and they post nothing but lies and trash. Hence the reason why the source is not named. . .

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Sourab Patodi said:

This may be because of the tax obligations. They are only disclosing her estate in the US, not the homes and other real estate investments overseas. As per the tax laws the c-ship need to disclose the estate in the US and any other income across ($$) the world. It doesn't include the real-estate investments. Lets be a bit realistic, she has a team of world class Lawyers and Accountants, they will only disclose what is required by the law, not what she has.  

@MyahJeanSpears care to answer for me please? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

11 hours ago, jordeezy said:

She will fulfill contractual obligations...So that may mean a few more projects before retirement 

Right, she resigned her contract with RCA around when BJ was released and it’s rumored that she’s obligated to release 3 albums under it and Glory counts as one. Then there’s the whole Domination debacle, she’s still obligated to make good on that and I’m sure if she dies retire she will do a farewell tour. 

I picture her retirement to be kinda like Cher’s, where she’ll get bored and put out an album here and there. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Onyx_Zone-89 said:

I would take this ENTIRE thing with a grain of salt. . . this is from "Ok Magazine" and they post nothing but lies and trash. Hence the reason why the source is not named. . .

I disagree. For me its clear that this is coming from Lynne's camp. And she is more aligned with Britney's current wants and needs.

The truth is Britney has probably wanted to retire for the good part of over a decade.

Anytime she is forced to recap or revisit iconic moments of her career she cringes as if she is in pain. It is clear she probably does not look back fondly on these moments and that they are traumatic and triggering to her.

britney spears lol GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Britney will finish her contractual obligations and then she will retire. She most likely wants to just settle down and have a child and raise them herself since she was robbed of the opportunity in her youth. She has zero interest in staying as a permanent fixture in the industry. She does not have the ambition to continue to churn out eras like Madonna. Britney probably has other interests she would rather pursue.

If I were here I would move out of the country. The most we can hope for is she finishes with a strong final one or two albums. Maybe puts out her own version of The Rarities/Unreleased gems. And maybe closes out her career with a Super Bowl performance. But even then I think it might be asking too much.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

• Love 4
  • Like 5

It's very obvious Britney wants to retire and I hope she does. She deserves her freedom and peace, and I LOVE Britney so much she's my favorite artist/person ever but I want her happy and I want her to do what SHE wants. I believe she will do a interview and a book when this is over, and probably continue to put out perfumes but I think she is done with music for a good few years. She wants to live her life, and maybe she will get her passion to come back eventually on her terms.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Right, she resigned her contract with RCA around when BJ was released and it’s rumored that she’s obligated to release 3 albums under it and Glory counts as one. Then there’s the whole Domination debacle, she’s still obligated to make good on that and I’m sure if she dies retire she will do a farewell tour. 

I picture her retirement to be kinda like Cher’s, where she’ll get bored and put out an album here and there. 

Britney can easily get out of her label contract. They can release another greatest hits album, they already re-released Glory which counts as one on the contract, and they could literally release a rarities album, etc.

NSYNC had another album contracted and they literally released TWO greatest hits albums and then were released from the contract.

• Like 1

IF this is true, I can’t blame Britney. With ITZ and Blackout she was finally starting to have artistic control, I think she had some of Circus and Glory, but little to none with FF and BJ. 20 years of being held to the same type of image and sound, she’s probably not inspired to do music. I personally think if she got to make music she really wants to and evolve as an artist she would enjoy it again. And nowadays I don’t think anyone ever fully retires. I hope at some point she’ll want to make more music, but I support her happiness no matter what. I could definitely understand if she doesn’t want to tour or perform much if at all. Touring seems like it would be grueling, and she’s done so many. Not too mention she probably misses out on a lot of her boys younger childhood. My guess is she really wants to take time and have more kids. 

but I’m not sure if I trust this article... it praises Jamie... it seems like propaganda put out by him or ppl close to him to try to make fans see the conservatorship as not that bad, or we’ll never hear new music again. It’s also OK magazine... isn’t that a trashy tabloid? If it was ppl or rolling stone or something it’d be more believable 

• Like 1

There's a lot to take in from this. I mean, I will be kinda disappointed if we never get another album, but Britney's health and wellbeing is so much more important. And before early 2019, she had been non-stop working for YEARS, I can imagine she probably just wants to live a quieter life with her sons once this mess is over. Although it does suggest she wants to fulfil contractual obligations which might mean she wants to at least finish her contract with RCA and maybe do one more Vegas residency before 'retiring'. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bundy said:

@MyahJeanSpears care to answer for me please? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

It goes to details of Tax regulations. I am not an expert on it but to make it easier..

Lets say, I own one real estate outside US and was able to sell it with 50% profit lest year. As per US tax law if I keep that money, It will be counted as my earning (Only for real-estates) and have to pay tax on it. But I decided to re-invest it and buy two other real estate with same money, by taking some additional mortgage, I dont have to pay any tax on it in the current year of filing. As I invested same money with in an year, I was able to avoid tax, but the mortgage that I took will give me some additional tax benefits when I am filing my tax returns. In addition, in any case I don't have to disclose the real estate investments outside the US. It will be documented in the country where my property is. 

In case of Britney, I believe she obviously have some properties in Europe or the UK, which is not included in the reports presented by the C-ship. C-ship is only presenting what she owns in USA, not in other countries. In addition, a lot of celebrities invest and buys shares, bonds, real=estates on their family name. So in case of Britney, if she bought something on James/Jaime/Her Brother/Mother's name, legally she can get it but it will not be included in c-ship document. 

Also, c-ship started making accounting entries after 2008, Britney made a ton of fortune even before it. She was able to afford great Tax consultants to ensure her money was invested wisely 

Honestly I am going to go out on a limb here and say this is not completely true. The only way I can see Britney retiring this early in her career is if the conservatorship does not get dissolved. Singing, dancing, and performing have always been a major part of who Britney is as a person. With that being said, however, the conservatorship has made her passion into something that benefits everyone around her, but not herself. If I was her, I wouldn’t work again either until I have free reign to create my art the way I want to create it. If she can get that freedom back, I can see her becoming very inspired to pour her whole heart and soul into her career again. Until then she couldn’t be bothered, and I don’t blame her for a second. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Circuit said:

I genuinely hope she does…but I’d still want B10 LOL

For whatever reason I’ve always felt like B10 would be her last album so I’m kinda OK with it

I want Britney to retire, but I'd also love her to make music still.

I bet she'd enjoy going into the recording studio to release albums, but that being it. She knows her fans would support it.

She knows she doesn't need to do the whole Era stuff.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Puppy said:

Britney never retires, she might feel burnt out but she genuinely loves doing this so she would miss it and return. She’s been saying that for a long time and yet she keeps coming back with an album or project. She loves music 

I suspect this as well. If she actually retired for good, literally NO ONE could blame her and she has given us so much. But this has been her whole life. Old habits die hard. She may now out for a while and in the process find her style and how to put it out there, and then she'll wanna create again. 

At the very least I can see her helping with production and influence of other albums for other artists which would be equally cool. 

But yea, she leaves for good, I support it fully. I just don't see it.

• Love 1