Britney Spears reportedly wants to terminate the conservatorship then retire from the music industry

9 hours ago, Circuit said:

I genuinely hope she does…but I’d still want B10 LOL

For whatever reason I’ve always felt like B10 would be her last album so I’m kinda OK with it

According to this article, she will do one last era + residency (complete her work obligations) and then retire. 

I'm totally fine with it though, it's about her being happy at this point.

I don't like how this article is twisting it as if Britney could have relapsed if it wasn't for the con. Pretty sure that's not that case and, if anything, it went the opposite way and we all saw it (Femme Fatale + last year of the residency/POM Tour) .

• Love 1
  • Like 2

First off I don't believe unidentified "close sources". If they're close enough to Britney then I don't see any problem in giving appropriate names :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Second, I'll take 2 things from this article:

1. It's mentioned "At no point did any of these difficult events cause her to spiral or relapse into alcohol or **** abuse." It's never been confirmed that she had alcohol or **** abuse problems in the past, and the "relapse" word makes it sound she had them. They should be careful with this unconfirmed narrative imo

2. The other thing is the residency seems to be on hold. This would make sense now since it was weird for MGM not to have sued her last year

I'll take all this with a big pinch of salt for the moment 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Girl, get out of this industry if you want to. You’ve made an iconic name for yourself. You’ve paid your dues. And you’ve been saying since you were 19 that you don’t want to do this forever & you want to settle down with a family & let that be your end game.

Her children were pretty much sacrificed for this industry :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad: & you know that has broken her spirit. We don’t want her performing without soul for any longer!

I want her to do what makes her soul happy. She doesn’t owe us anything, she’s already given us everything.

• Love 9

I still have doubts Britney will fully retire. I can maybe see with the music a bit but she will never just disappear. I remember seeing interviews with her saying she loves money and even likes working on her birthday. It’s in her blood. Her kids are getting close to being adults. But I don’t put it past her having another baby lol ..Girl just wants her dad out of her career choices and personal ones. 

• Love 3

I fully support her , she deserves to be happy and free finally , no more work , though I would love to hear 1 last album from her , even without promo and live performances , anyways I am praying everything is gonna end up the way she wishes :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

Btw how do I turn exhale dark again , my eyes have burned 200.gif?cid=31ad6aa7q5zjjxbd23x51buztl2r

• Haha 2

Taking these articles with a grain of salt but it is weird these retirement rumors popped up with Larry of all people first and gained some merit with FreeBritney. It doesn't seem too implausible. If this is what she wants then i think that would be good for her. She has lost so much precious time with her kids and i think she has worked hard enough to do that.

Of course I'd want ONE LAST album but it would have to be released very strategically, they have a lot of brand rebuilding to do to get the success she deserves and is that work worth it anymore? Probably not. 

What I DO want is that book she promised us, telling her side of the story, celebrating her accomplishments and then she can throw in the towel. No one can take away her accomplishments, fame, or impact but with anymore releases like Britney Jean and even Glory its going to look like she is washed up.