Was Gaga's Peak (2008-2011) Bigger Than Britney's Peak (1998-2004)

I think gaga got lucky.

But we had 3 Dance albums that actually let gaga happen in 2008.

Kylie with 2001's Fever, Madonna and 2005's Confessions on a dance floor, and Cascada Everytime we touch..

I wouldn't even Count Blackout as The Fame borrowed element's from the three I mentioned..

80s, 70s and early 90s. That basically helped Gaga with The Fame. 

Britney was basically futuristic with the Dubstep and underground .

But she never gets the credit at all. 

Because of what her life was at the time..

I swear retrospective reviews just praise the producer's but not Britney and that's wrong. 

Madonna is getting credit for a 15 year old Album for being the blueprint of Future Nostalgia and Disco by Kylie..

And with that question..

Gaga isn't getting the praise that Madonna got for a 15 year old album that predated the whole disco. 

• Love 4
On 11/24/2020 at 12:47 AM, alexxxx said:

Gaga stans have such a weird obsession with Britney I genuinely don’t get it. I’ve seen it all over stan twitter they’re so weird. Anyways, yes gaga WAS big and poker face was one of the first songs I ever heard as a child but Britney was bigger overall.

Because most of them switched from being a Britney fan to being a fan of Gaga. If you truly compare the era's, Britney was definitely bigger than Gaga as her prime lasted a bit longer. Gaga's image burned out (or fell out of her peak) after the first couple of songs on born this way ( which was technically her 2nd album). If you notice Gaga today, she is technically a completely different artist now ( I  LOVE her though). Even when Britney's music wasn't selling all that great, she was on every tabloid and she ruled the celebrity/Pop star world for over a decade. Her performances from 20 years ago are still talked about to this day, and lets be real. . . they were so iconic they carry Britney's status to this day as well. Britney hasn't had an iconic performance in over a decade. 

Gaga and Britney are definitely both Icons and they were both the most famous woman in the world for their time.  

• Love 2

Of course not. Just looking at their sales and stats, Britney's peak was clearly bigger than Gaga's. Even in terms of cultural impact, Brit still holds the lead. Gaga's done well when it comes to critical acclaim and touring for the most part, but no one in their right mind thinks that Gaga's peak was bigger than Britney's. :hillary_clinton_mad_rant_yelling_telling_arguing_fighting:

• Love 2

Gaga burned out fast. 

The minute she had that year in her hip, it was over for her. 

Britney had a knee injury not even before her one year anniversary.

I think it was May of 99. She was asked to do a big All that party, for Josh server final episode but couldn't..

Back to work by July. We knew five years later what happened was she started work way too soon. 

Gaga, when it came to that tear. 

There's several Videos in compilations of her during the monster Ball going full rock star on the piano and she keeps slipping loosing her footing and Such and Everytime head hits the piano and that hip hits the Sharp edge of her seat. 

Being two left foot and clumsy actually caused that laberAl tear In her hip. 

• Love 1
On 11/24/2020 at 3:37 AM, Blackout2006 said:

Was scrolling through a Gaga Daily thread and saw this post:

What do you think? I think i personally disagree because BOMT outsold all her albums released in her peak combined lmbo. Not to mention she was the most searched person on the internet for 12 years straight and Gaga never really outtook her.

Do you guys agree? lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

I was just watching this and they were already calling Britney queen of pop in 2000 when she was only 18 years old :clown_meme__makeup_green:

0:05

On 11/24/2020 at 2:39 AM, lilhennythings said:

Surely this just be kids discussing this who don't remember / weren't alive for Britney's beginnings. Pop culture today (and in Gaga's peak) is just not what it was during Britney's peak – I don't think anyone before or after has really been as famous as Britney was in her heyday. It's kind of just a product of the right cultural forces at the perfect time and it will never happen again and that's just a fact 🤷‍♀️ 

This this this. It is honestly a pointless discussion for this fact alone. It’s just like how Madonna’s success can’t be replicated. It was just the perfect things at the right time. 

Another thing that we must be honest about: Britney’s stardom grew even bigger as a direct result of her own “scandals”. People looked for Gaga because her artistry was so weird and different. No one was searching for Lady Gaga the PERSON like they were searching for Britney the PERSON. Gaga’s relationships weren’t exploited nor were things like what she wore to the gas station, her custody battle, her own struggles with her mental health, or ongoing court battle. 

Britney’s fame was HUGE. We as stans know her artistry is severely underrated because most of it hasn’t been seen/heard. The GP wasn’t obsessed with Britney’s artistry for nearly as long as they were obsessed with Britney was doing that day. 

Everyone’s fame is different. In all honesty I hope we never see fame like Britney’s ever again. While fascinating, her fame was downright CRUEL. Gaga has managed to keep her personal day to day life very private and that’s good. 

• Love 6

Also they actually were calling Britney the queen of pop, but they call everyone the queen of pop. Britney got the title princess of pop forever, just like Madonna will forever be the real queen of pop.

Britney shaped the pop landscape for 5 whole years. Jessica, Christina, Avril, they were all marketed around Britney.

Not to mention Britney got really big artists in Asia would were deemed "Asian Britney Spears" like BoA and Tata Young. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Goten21 said:

Baby One More Time was the bigger debut, Oops was the bigger follow up and Britney-mania had more media coverage. /endthread

Its crazy to think that even tho The Fame and Born This Way were neck to neck, with ...Baby One More Time and Oops! I Did It Again, those LG eras were still miles away from the fame, popularity and stardom Britney had in those two eras alone.

2 hours ago, Goten21 said:

Also they actually were calling Britney the queen of pop, but they call everyone the queen of pop. Britney got the title princess of pop forever, just like Madonna will forever be the real queen of pop.

Britney shaped the pop landscape for 5 whole years. Jessica, Christina, Avril, they were all marketed around Britney.

Not to mention Britney got really big artists in Asia would were deemed "Asian Britney Spears" like BoA and Tata Young. 

So truee. Heck, i have seen people even call Selena Gomez or Ariana Grande the Queen of Pop. Britney was also called the QOP back in her heyday, but finally she came around the terms as Princess of pop. People were also calling GaGa the Queen of Pop in TF and TFM monster era, but now its rounded up to as the Little Monster of pop.

So true and lets be honest. Britney CHANGED pop and even Lady Gaga said that. She changed it with BOMT and OIDIA in the late 90s-Early 00s; and again would re-define the genre in the Early Mid-Mid Late 00s with In The Zone and Blackout.

Not to mention how popular she is in Asia. Her Asian POM tour was huge over here, and Asia is her best market. She has always been an internationally-loved icon, and even though she is loathed and seen as a washed-up manufactured overrated talentless industry puppet in America, people out of the US still love Britney much and she is much more respected.

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

I don’t think Gaga’s was bigger. TFM was her biggest peak but Britney was everywhere In her peak. Dolls, costumes, tv, awards. 

Exactly. When Oprah Winfrey had visited a third-world country country in Africa, there where children running to her asking if she knew whom Britney Spears was, so imagine the hype Britney had back in the day. You combine Gaga, Taylor, Beyonce, Rihanna and even Justin Biebers fame but it wouldnt be the equivalent to the fame Britney once held.  

6 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

This this this. It is honestly a pointless discussion for this fact alone. It’s just like how Madonna’s success can’t be replicated. It was just the perfect things at the right time. 

Another thing that we must be honest about: Britney’s stardom grew even bigger as a direct result of her own “scandals”. People looked for Gaga because her artistry was so weird and different. No one was searching for Lady Gaga the PERSON like they were searching for Britney the PERSON. Gaga’s relationships weren’t exploited nor were things like what she wore to the gas station, her custody battle, her own struggles with her mental health, or ongoing court battle. 

Britney’s fame was HUGE. We as stans know her artistry is severely underrated because most of it hasn’t been seen/heard. The GP wasn’t obsessed with Britney’s artistry for nearly as long as they were obsessed with Britney was doing that day. 

Everyone’s fame is different. In all honesty I hope we never see fame like Britney’s ever again. While fascinating, her fame was downright CRUEL. Gaga has managed to keep her personal day to day life very private and that’s good. 

Yeah. To your last point, people forget that like Britney's virginity was a national talking point for a time.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1