Was Gaga's Peak (2008-2011) Bigger Than Britney's Peak (1998-2004)

Was scrolling through a Gaga Daily thread and saw this post:

I think that Gaga's 2008-12 peak was  bigger than Britney. Gaga was everywhere, she was the most searched person on the internet, was named most influential person of the world, she had multiple mega iconic hit, everyone was talking about her.

Britney's moment was big yes, but she had less big hit and she was a bit "basic" compared to gaga. Gaga really took the world by storm back then. In 1999, people were saying that Brit was the "princess of pop", while in 2009, they were already calling gaga the "queen of pop" and compairing her to Madonna.

What do you think? I think i personally disagree because BOMT outsold all her albums released in her peak combined lmbo. Not to mention she was the most searched person on the internet for 12 years straight and Gaga never really outtook her.

Do you guys agree? lemme know :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 2
  • Haha 7
4 minutes ago, Body ache said:

Are gen z? Because let me tell you about the line the formed outside of Tower Records when BOMT first dropped. I don't recall anything like that for Fame/Monster

According to them, Gaga collected more hits than Britney did in her prime :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Also, how come have i never seen EVER a line like this for a Gaga album:

• Love 5
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, alexxxx said:

Just read the comments, they’re seriously delusional if they think Gaga’s more respected, more relevant, bigger and better than Britney. Gaga had one of the biggest declines in pop history with ARTPOP, she went from selling 1M copies in a week to 200k. The only reason Gaga was as big as she was is because of her gimmicks. The GP got tired of her weird behavior and abounded her. She did ASIB which propelled her back to stardom and yet her hype has died once again because she’s gone back to her gimmicky outfits. End of discussion.:demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

ALSO! Let’s not forget she sold jockstraps with her new album as a way to boost sales. Let’s see how LG7 will do without bundles now that they’re void:makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

I guess i see what @Easy There means when he talks about that delusional fandom :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

Also, in the same forum, some gaga stan said ITZ is a bad album except for Toxic (in a thread called "Was ITZ foorgotten?") 

Yet they stan ARTPOP :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

I dont really think her rise to stardom was because of gimmicks, i think her image, music and aesthetics were actuallly genuine at first but when she took it too a whole another level with ARTPOP she just weirded out the GP :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

Born this way was pretty close tho it did sell over 2 million copies worldwide in its first week :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: 

I just want to say this because i feel like you're down playing her success a little :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

1.9 million copies but thats pretty close to 2 so :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Yeah sorry, the thing is that i always get fired up when people say such false stuff just to diminish the deal Britney was from 1998-2008 when its not even true. Its obvious Britney had the better peak, but they both were so extremely popular at their reigning eras so thats why i opened a thread and think i was kinda harsh on Gaga because there was no denying she was wildfire so :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup: 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, alexxxx said:

Also, could you send me the link for that thread? I’d like to read the replies:queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Please reply with this too 

0:50 

And remind these delusional people that this was said in early 2000 when oops wasnt even released yet, so this was only 1 year and 6 months after BOMTs release. Also Oops sold over 20m copies. Does Gaga have one diamond albums, let alone two?

Ask them if after 22 years of Gagas career, is she still the 2nd most popular celebrity halloween costume? Only second to Ariana? 

Lol at them thinking Gaga has more hits and Britney was basic. Why do Gagas, Beyonces, Taylors fans always want to discredit Britney for anything? I was never this delusional to think Britney was bigger than Madonna overall for example. Britney was the biggest popstar since Madonna, but these people are just in denial forever and will believe only what they want to believe. 

44Pp.gif