Was Gaga's Peak (2008-2011) Bigger Than Britney's Peak (1998-2004)

I really like Gaga she was one of the first people who got me genuinely excited that wasn’t Britney. She’s so theatrical and I loved the pop masterpiece that was The Fame.

I think in the beginning they tried to channel the whole blonde pop star look so naturally she was going to get compared to Britney but in all honesty I hate when people compare them as they are very different. 

• Love 5
Just now, Towelney said:

The award honors a "highly accomplished artist across three disciplines.” :)

For Gaga it’s Music, Film, and Philanthropy :)

Just kidding good for her. She’s not a flop but the name Flopga itself I think it’s funny :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

According to them, Gaga collected more hits than Britney did in her prime :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Also, how come have i never seen EVER a line like this for a Gaga album:

I miss these days so much!

the hype of a PHYSICAL release and not hearing anything until you put thatCD into your CD player.

it’s not the same anymore 😢

• Love 2

These clowns were still in diapers when Britney was singing Toxic , they have no fkn idea what they're talking about and it shows. these kids today are consuming data, they never experienced true pop culture. 

For me it's totally absurd to compare these two artists because the entertainment industry has changed drastically between 1998 and 2008. Britney got big in a time where there was no social medias, no youtube, no spotify and no instagram. Do you guys realize how hard it was to become famous in a time where we only had MTV, fm radios and magazines? 

• Love 5
  • Super Mods

LOL is this really a question?? :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Of course Britney was bigger!

She had her first 3 albums sell over 10 million, her debut single sold over 10 million and is one of the BIGGEST debuts ever, had the tons of endorsements including Pepsi (still have yet to see another pepsi ad as big as hers), she sold over 50-60 million records just with her first 4 albums on her own, her doll is the best selling celebrity doll of all time, she won countless awards, she had a movie, had ICONIC VMA performances that have yet to be topped and is the best selling teen star EVER!
There is so much I could say but I'd be on here all day.

Yeah Gaga did have her peak but not the extent of Britney!

Although I'll admit, she was pretty close and is probably one of the biggest stars of the generation

• Love 4