Was Gaga's Peak (2008-2011) Bigger Than Britney's Peak (1998-2004)

18 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Please reply with this too 

0:50 

And remind these delusional people that this was said in early 2000 when oops wasnt even released yet, so this was only 1 year and 6 months after BOMTs release. Also Oops sold over 20m copies. Does Gaga have one diamond albums, let alone two?

Ask them if after 22 years of Gagas career, is she still the 2nd most popular celebrity halloween costume? Only second to Ariana? 

Lol at them thinking Gaga has more hits and Britney was basic. Why do Gagas, Beyonces, Taylors fans always want to discredit Britney for anything? I was never this delusional to think Britney was bigger than Madonna overall for example. Britney was the biggest popstar since Madonna, but these people are just in denial forever and will believe only what they want to believe. 

44Pp.gif

Period, period, period and periODT :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Please reply with this too 

0:50 

And remind these delusional people that this was said in early 2000 when oops wasnt even released yet, so this was only 1 year and 6 months after BOMTs release. Also Oops sold over 20m copies. Does Gaga have one diamond albums, let alone two?

Ask them if after 22 years of Gagas career, is she still the 2nd most popular celebrity halloween costume? Only second to Ariana? 

Lol at them thinking Gaga has more hits and Britney was basic. Why do Gagas, Beyonces, Taylors fans always want to discredit Britney for anything? I was never this delusional to think Britney was bigger than Madonna overall for example. Britney was the biggest popstar since Madonna, but these people are just in denial forever and will believe only what they want to believe. 

44Pp.gif

Wow i just saw that part and imagine selling 20 million copies in 1 year and 6th months for your debut record :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

My personal opinion (not bias as I have a lot of time for Gaga) is that Britney was bigger. 

The main difference was that although Gaga may have been 'most searched' etc... it was because she was so 'out there'.

No doubt about it- her songs were great. However her performances/ videos etc were perceived rather 'odd'. So people were more intrigued by the 'persona' and what she was going to do next/ how she was going to turn up to next award show etc. 

Britney was a household name, known for just her music (then the performances etc built on that). 

So to summarise- Britney was a bigger popstar overall. Gaga was just smart in getting people talking about her/wondering what oddball move she was going to do next. However Britney was a polished pop star thrown out to the world with no gimmicks and weeeeeeeeee loved it!

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

First of all, Britney was the biggest popstar on the planet. She basically owned 1998-2004. All of her albums in that period (except BOMT) debuted with sales of over 500,000. BOMT and Oops are both Diamond certified.

As for Gaga, she was huge during BTW era. Besides that, her album sales have never been that strong. She’s never had an album selling over 500,000 copies in its first week (except for BTW but that was due to the album being sold for freaking $0.99). 

in other words, her stans are being wayyy too delusional to think that Gaga will ever come close to Britney’s relevance 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, alexxxx said:

Just read the comments, they’re seriously delusional if they think Gaga’s more respected, more relevant, bigger and better than Britney. Gaga had one of the biggest declines in pop history with ARTPOP, she went from selling 1M copies in a week to 200k. The only reason Gaga was as big as she was is because of her gimmicks. The GP got tired of her weird behavior and abounded her. She did ASIB which propelled her back to stardom and yet her hype has died once again because she’s gone back to her gimmicky outfits. End of discussion.:demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

ALSO! Let’s not forget she sold jockstraps with her new album as a way to boost sales. Let’s see how LG7 will do without bundles now that they’re void:makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Britney’s chart domination literally lasted 14 years to Scream and Shout, 15 if you count WB (Which was a hit lbr).

Joanne and Artpop had steep declines and Chromatica hasn’t propelled her back into the limelight like it should have.

gaga 2008-2012

Britney 1998 - 2013

• Love 8
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Slayer said:

your threads lately are a...choice :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

Britney's was insanely bigger - it was Britney mania.

Im so sorry that my threads are no more up to the standards i usually hold them too

These days i have a lot of questions and curiosity, and want to confront it with you guys, so please mind my sometimes "choicey" threads :shake_excited_pink_bounce_yay_pumped_anxious:

I think the simple fact that they tried to compare her by Gaga being the most searched person on the internet but Britney did it before and without the internet so :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney: where's the comparison? 

Gaga is amazing and talented in her own right but I never get the comparisons.

• Love 3

Britney for sure. Not only was her music everywhere but ppl intensely cared about her the person, she was constantly on magazines and had enormous amounts of merch. Gaga had radio hits and iconic moments but ppl didn’t nessesarily care about her outside her stage persona. Where as ppl wanted to know every detail on britney til about 2009.

• Love 5