Selena Gomez on the Revival era: "I just did things that weren't really me"

Jordan Miller

2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Am i the only one that feels she just doesn’t like to be in the spotlight and do music? I see her as more of song writer and producer (shows, albums) :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

This is completely untrue :fran: 

She can't sing for sh1t, she can't write a lyric (I gagged when you called her a song writer :madonna:), I'm pretty positive she wouldn't be able to properly record her own VoCaLs and she can't perform to save her life :tiffanynod: And she perfectly knows it herself, she's well aware the music industry is not for her :tiffanynod: while most definitely suffering from impostor syndrome :tiffanynod: That's why you see her being uncomfortable on stage / when it comes to singing/performing (meanwhile, she's perfectly at ease with promoting her beauty sh1t make-up sh1t beauty products :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

BUT don't mistake that for not wanting to be in the spotlight. This b1tch right here is the text book definition of an attention seeking h0e. I mean, at the end of the day it's plain simple: if you don't want to be in the spotlight, then retire. Focus on something else, idk. Yet she's following trends and scoring "hot" collabs in a desperate attempt to remain relevant. Nobody forced her to release a song with that Korean group, yet she did it anyways because K-Pop is popular at the moment. She has no artistic vision, nothing to say, nothing to offer. Other than good looks, of course. But you know what? There are plenty of other good looking girls, some of them are even unbelievable TALENTED (yet nobody knows, nor cares, because they are being fed trash like Selina Gomez). Artistic wise, she's a nonentity that's what she is. Yet somehow she's getting played on radio & celebrated. It's ridiculous. In this day and age when independent capable artists are releasing interesting good music left and right, Salmon TrashBag Gomez manages to not only chart, but top the Billboard 200. :decisions:

Aren't we talking about the same bird who allegedly pretended to date The Weeknd as a PR stunt? Is that what someone who doesn't enjoy the spotlight would do? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp::whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp::whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Love 8
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I think the problem is not them shading their past eras, I believe they are actually beginning to expose the pop machinery in the background. As much as we'd love to believe it, mainstream pop artists really dont get that much say into the whole production process; it's the price they pay for being super popular. A good and popular record has at least 200 people working behind it, and they will all tell you what currently works and what doesnt. Its up to you as a mainstream pop artists to either go with it and earn cash, or not and stay underrated. Pop business is merciless, you better believe it.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
6 minutes ago, corpsetranger said:

She can't sing for ****, she can't write a lyric (I gagged when you called her a song writer :madonna:), I'm pretty positive she wouldn't be able to properly record her own VoCaLs and she can't perform to save her life :tiffanynod: And she perfectly knows it herself, she's well aware the music industry is not for her :tiffanynod: while most definitely suffering from impostor syndrome :tiffanynod: That's why you see her being uncomfortable on stage / when it comes to singing/performing (meanwhile, she's perfectly at ease with promoting her beauty **** make-up **** beauty products :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

BUT don't mistake that for not wanting to be in the spotlight. This b1tch right here is the text book definition of an attention seeking h0e. I mean, at the end of the day it's plain simple: if you don't want to be in the spotlight, then retire. Focus on something else, idk. Yet she's following trends and scoring "hot" collabs in a desperate attempt to remain relevant. Nobody forced her to release a song with that Korean group, yet she did it anyways because K-Pop is popular at the moment. She has no artistic vision, nothing to say, nothing to offer. Other than good looks, of course. But you know what? There are plenty of other good looking girls, some of them are even unbelievable TALENTED (yet nobody knows, nor cares, because they are being fed trash like Selina Gomez). Artistic wise, she's a nonentity that's what she is. Yet somehow she's getting played on radio & celebrated. It's ridiculous. In this day and age when independent capable artists are releasing interesting good music left and right, Salmon TrashBag Gomez manages to not only chart, but top the Billboard 200. :decisions:

Aren't we talking about the same bird who allegedly pretended to date The Weeknd as a PR stunt? Is that what someone who doesn't enjoy the spotlight would do? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp::whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp::whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

There's a lot of hatred in your words toward someone who never did you any harm tbh:zoomzoom:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Am i the only one that feels she just doesn’t like to be in the spotlight and do music? I see her as more of song writer and producer (shows, albums) :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

Honestly she is just a generic pop artist. I feel like she was a bit lost for awhile with herself. Her label probably throwing ideas at her 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I'm surprised tbh. Why do artists like to sling dirt on their past eras. :kidcries:

Bc it sounds like she felt forced and didn't really want to do it. A lot of artists have eras like that, like Christina with her label trying to make her Britney. I don't see it as them hating on that era but them just being honest and hating on the people that made them feel that way.

I’ve started to think that when artists refer that way about their former eras is because they are merely employees. I mean this is a business, but in this case, she is just contradicting herself. 
Furthermore, even when she has a lot of bops I enjoy, I just can’t take her seriously as an artist. Every time she speaks about how she “wrote this song”, mainly during the Rare era, she seems disconnected and well... dishonest. And please don’t get me wrong, I think she is very nice. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, corpsetranger said:

She can't sing for sh1t, she can't write a lyric (I gagged when you called her a song writer :madonna:), I'm pretty positive she wouldn't be able to properly record her own VoCaLs and she can't perform to save her life :tiffanynod: And she perfectly knows it herself, she's well aware the music industry is not for her :tiffanynod: while most definitely suffering from impostor syndrome :tiffanynod: That's why you see her being uncomfortable on stage / when it comes to singing/performing (meanwhile, she's perfectly at ease with promoting her beauty sh1t make-up sh1t beauty products :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

I completely agree, even though I like some of her songs. Rare is a good album after all, but it’s just not her. Those are songs given to her because she famous, yet there are artists more talented and appealing than her who doesn’t get the right attention. 

My interest died down when I heard this so called performance. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I’m rude towards her but this performance is the perfect example of how untalented she really is. She has no voice, no attitude, nada. At least the robots are serving bops in the studio for her. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 2

Surprised. Revival seemed like the first time she had a voice. Then those 2 buzz singles after that were so different. I don’t think she can stand not being successful. When she clearly could be unique. Now she’s boring and a sheep. I agree she has nothing to offer and nothing to say. Her comments on mental health are so bland as well she just appears like she’s following an agenda when I thought she has a lot of things she can bring to the table in the mental health conversation. This makeup line is the biggest joke tho. Shame tho, revival I loved. Ruining its legacy and respect now. Even Britney wanted that revival sound. Oh well not my problem she won’t exist in 10 years time with that attitude. Never bite the hand that feeds you Selena thought you knew that 

• Love 3

I could understand the singing part, if only she would GIVE me that energy, that FIERCE attitude with CRAZY visuals and choreo. Pull a Britney and give us the craziness! I guess she just can’t, ‘cause Selena is that basic! 

I don’t care about singing, that’s why I stan Britney but Britney actually has soul in her voice. Britney has the attitude, the X factor, Britney was born with it! I CANT ******* BELIEVE I EVEN COMPARE BRITNEY SPEARS WITH THIS BASIC AND UNTALENTED CHICK. I sound crazy rn, but I hate how unfair Britney was treated by the media and the gp. :billiebarf:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, corpsetranger said:

Blame disney, they push these people even with no talent. They start them Young. Unfortunately she's not trained for a normal citizen life. 

5 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

These girls are so annoying... They act like they are these unfathomable creatures when in fact they're just like us and they should just chill and stop being so self-centered. And what is she talking about, that stupid bland album cover? She's showing skin in these photos too. Wear a poncho and shut up then, you'll regret at least one thing until you die anyway so stop blaming others and start owning up to your own actions... which no one should care that much about either. I mean I love Selena as a pop girl but please stop acting like you're a slave and a victim of the world and grow some balls already.

advice madea GIF

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block