Selena Gomez on the Revival era: "I just did things that weren't really me"

• Community Leader

Selena Gomez opens up about feeling pressured to be more adult during the Revival era. She made the revelation in her new interview with Allure.

"I just did things that weren't really me," she says. She continues, choosing her words more deliberately: "There was pressure to seem more adult on my album, Revival. [I felt] the need to show skin... I really don't think I was [that] person."

I'm surprised tbh. Why do artists like to sling dirt on their past eras. :kidcries:

Exhale, thoughts on Selena's statement about Revival?

AL1020_SELENA_CVRT.jpg
AL1020_SELENA_HEADER6%202.jpg

AL1020_SELENA_2.jpg

AL1020_SELENA_1.jpg

AL1020_SELENA_4.jpg

AL1020_SELENA_5.jpg

AL1020_SELENA_6.jpg

AL1020_SELENA_7.jpg

AL1020_SELENA_3.jpg

Related:

allure.jpg.6d7cfbc64751d421cacbefbc30571a42.jpg

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But ice cream with BLACKPINK is totally you right? 

It’s a new marketing trend.; s**** talking your previous work in hopes to increase sales of a new “genuine” release. Not here for it.

this girl  I would sling dirt at my past eras if I were her too 

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Selena Gomez opens up about feeling pressured to be more adult during the Revival era. She made the revelation in her new interview with Allure.

"I just did things that weren't really me," she says. She continues, choosing her words more deliberately: "There was pressure to seem more adult on my album, Revival. [I felt] the need to show skin... I really don't think I was [that] person."

I'm surprised tbh. Why do artists like to sling dirt on their past eras. :kidcries:

Exhale, thoughts on Selena's statement about Revival?

Related:

allure.jpg.6d7cfbc64751d421cacbefbc30571a42.jpg

I think she's talking about the visuals, not the music. I could be wrong, but I also could be right. 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Community Leader
1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Am i the only one that feels she just doesn’t like to be in the spotlight and do music? I see her as more of song writer and producer (shows, albums) :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: 

When I saw the Revival tour, I felt like she literally wanted to RUN off stage. 

• Haha 7
  • Like 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

19 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

When I saw the Revival tour, I felt like she literally wanted to RUN off stage. 

Thats such a bummer to hear but she definitely conveys that she isn’t into being the center of attention. On the other hand she seems to enjoy praise for creating music and producing. 

What kills me is that artists like Tinashe crave the success and spotlight she has, so why not move over and let others shine? Just a thought...

• Like 3