Selena Gomez on the Revival era: "I just did things that weren't really me"

Jordan Miller

Why can’t artists nowadays accept that you go through different phases in your life? Britney said she is a mum now and wouldn’t do anything as ****** as In the Zone and the Onyx tour anymore, but she never said it wasn’t her true self, and has always said she’s had a **** phase, a simple phase (ff), personal phases, etc 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, RachelBerry said:

Well I'm glad since then she has been able to be her true self!

These Selena Gomez Nude Photos Are Delicious - Leaked PieSelena Gomez Nude Photos & Naked *** Videos55 **** and Hot Selena Gomez Pictures – Bikini, ***, ***** -  SharenatorSharenatorSelena Gomez Hottest Photos | **** Near-Nude Photos, GIFsPin on Women We Love

There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel ****. I mean it's not like she was 16/17 years old being pressured to show skin to sell something, but I guess 2-3 years later she THEN felt comfortable showing skin....idk. :ririshade2:

Yeah I don’t get this. There’s even a photo of her for the Allure shoot in her underwear. As you said, there is NOTHING wrong with being **** if you feel that way. The Revival album cover was a beautiful shot. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Thats such a bummer to hear but she definitely conveys that she isn’t into being the center of attention. On the other hand she seems to enjoy praise for creating music and producing. 

What kills me is that artists like Tinashe crave the success and spotlight she has, so why not move over and let others shine? Just a thought...

Tinashe deserves more success and spotlight... but why would Selena need to “move over,” really there’s plenty of room for both ladies to be successful if ppl weren’t ******, racist and just had better taste. It’s not like there can only be 1-2 women on the hot 100, there’s about 60 make rappers... 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

Tinashe deserves more success and spotlight... but why would Selena need to “move over,” really there’s plenty of room for both ladies to be successful if ppl weren’t ******, racist and just had better taste. It’s not like there can only be 1-2 women on the hot 100, there’s about 60 make rappers... 

Because Selena acts like she doesnt want to be in the spotlight. Thats why. If you dont want to be an entertainer then move on. Same goes with any profession. IDK why people dont grasp this concept. If you dont like something CHANGE it :oprah: Like I said earlier, I think she enjoys creating and producing but she doesn’t enjoy performing or entertaining. It’s clear. 

18 hours ago, Style. said:

I completely agree, even though I like some of her songs. Rare is a good album after all, but it’s just not her. Those are songs given to her because she famous, yet there are artists more talented and appealing than her who doesn’t get the right attention. 

My interest died down when I heard this so called performance. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I’m rude towards her but this performance is the perfect example of how untalented she really is. She has no voice, no attitude, nada. At least the robots are serving bops in the studio for her. 

Exactly! :clicktina:

It's sad that she is given actual good songs that she simply doesn't know what to do with. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: I wouldn't even be as mad if she was at least mediocre, wrote some mediocre songs, did her own thing and had a following. But she's taken way too seriously, I mean, come on, she was supposed to have faded away a looooooooooooooooong time ago. She's way worse than Paula Abdul, at least she danced. And she deservedly disappeared after her undeserved 15 minutes of fame. Unlike Selenul who clings to popularity. :gloss_mirror_young_little_girl_smile_child_makeup_lipstick_lipgloss_lips_pink:

În orice caz... videoul ăla, văleu, mămică dragă :teigen::teigen::teigen: sincer nu cred că se poate atinge un nivel superior de TRAGIC :teigen: Și chiar te invit să dai dovadă de lipsă de respect, criză de bla bla bla *** susțin fanii :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat: pe naiba, don'șorica era beată criță și nimeni și nimic n-o să mă convingă contrariul :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

Ignore the last paragraph if I got it twisted from another thread and you're not Romanian after all :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

• Love 1
9 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

It's not about Selena moving away per se, the real problem is that a big label is pushing Selena. She would be nowhere to be found, had it not been for the money certain people invested in her CaReEr aS a SiNgEr :sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm: Why aren't they pushing actual good music, like say Ashlee? Have you heard of her? I doubt since people like her don't get exposure, the industry is busy interviewing Selmina Gomes about her MuSic AnD wHat It TaKeS To Be An ArTiSt :sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm:

• Like 1

She's bipolar and always trashed her old eras (She did the same with The Scene albums when Stars Dance was released, trashed SD when Revival came out and now this). I lowkey think that she feels this "mechanism" as a personality to uplift her current era (which she already trashed it for not being in the same mindspace). I'm looking forward for her next album with more adult sound and hopefully explicit and ******

On 9/10/2020 at 5:50 AM, ColdAsFire88 said:

Because Selena acts like she doesnt want to be in the spotlight. Thats why. If you dont want to be an entertainer then move on. Same goes with any profession. IDK why people dont grasp this concept. If you dont like something CHANGE it :oprah: Like I said earlier, I think she enjoys creating and producing but she doesn’t enjoy performing or entertaining. It’s clear. 

Doesn't Zayn do the same thing? It's weird when artists are like that.

If you don't apprecite the business then get out of it and make room for someone who actually wants it.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
On 9/9/2020 at 11:04 PM, jonjon2000 said:

Five years from now, “Rare was really a bad moment for me, I felt pressured to release that era to start Rare beauty line. I felt that it wasn’t my true self. On this new album, Honest, I have written some of the most honest music I've ever made”

With my new album en español, I fee libre to express my emociones. De Una Vez I can confirm that this is mi album más personal

:clownery_makeup_meme:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block