TAYLOR SWIFT IS A QUEEN

16 minutes ago, MonAmour said:

So nobody is allowed to have an opinion anymore

I literally said this to the OP. :lessons:

19 hours ago, Roxxy said:

But it's alright. I mean, if that's your thing you're allowed to do that. I'm just saying. 

If you only read through the entire thread instead of suddenly getting defensive and proceeded to make a reply (because seems to me that the shoe fits), you would've seen our conversation. I was encouraging him to talk about positive things instead. We have enough negativity in the world already. But of course you're still allowed to be negative. Have I called you out for always being negative? No. Because again you're allowed to do that. :imacat:

I think it's part of that phenomenon where people within the US really lack the perspective of how artists or celebrities are perceived around the world (same reason why Britney is so underrated while she's still considered a legend in most places around the world). And I know, they're gonna say like, why would they care about happens outside of the US, but I think that's a really good way to measure how big and how good an artist is, an artist that is able to succeed around the world and not just in one place.

I won't deny that maybe in recent years she's got more famous and successful internationally, but it wasn't like that all the time. In fact, it took many, many, maaany years for her to really start getting talked about elsewhere, and it was mostly because of her feuds or relationships. I remember for yeaaaars reading Exhalers about how she was the new Britney and whatnot and I was like... :wtfdidusay: they really didn't have an idea of what they were talking about. I think it wasn't until she became fully pop that I started to see people rooting for her.

I suppose she is a great singer, and they also say she's a good songwriter (another overrated thing in general which shouldn't affect, and should be evaluated separately from singing or performing capabilities). I don't like her voice and like OP, I don't find anything appealing, in her personality not even her looks, but I guess that's a matter of taste, so I won't say she's bad just because I don't like her. :yaknow:

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I literally said this to the OP. :lessons:

If you only read through the entire thread instead of suddenly getting defensive and proceeded to make a reply (because seems to me that the shoe fits), you would've seen our conversation. I was encouraging him to talk about positive things instead. We have enough negativity in the world already. But of course you're still allowed to be negative. Have I called you out for always being negative? No. Because again you're allowed to do that. :imacat:

Let me guess, do you have "good vibes only" tattooed on your forearm. I don't think it's bad to talk about heavy topics, good or bad, it creates dialogue. We've had negativity and positivity in this world since the beginning of time and we cannot have one without the other... Sometimes it's okay to be real and honest.

The mindset of "let's just talk about positive things instead" is actually quite unhealthy. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, MonAmour said:

Let me guess, do you have "good vibes only" tattooed on your forearm. I don't think it's bad to talk about heavy topics, good or bad, it creates dialogue. We've had negativity and positivity in this world since the beginning of time and we cannot have one without the other... Sometimes it's okay to be real and honest.

The mindset of "let's just talk about positive things instead" is actually quite unhealthy. 

Encouraging.

I'm not forcing anyone to think of "good vibes only". If people get off on posting negative things online and always being angry or bichy or condescending on an online forum because they have a sad and miserable life :ehidk: they can do that. Otherwise you wouldn't even be in this thread if it wasn't. I would've locked it if I didn't like it. :blol: I mean, even you if that's what you want to do, go off. :tired:

I'm sure there are reasons why she's great, otherwise she wouldn't be who and where she is now, but to me she's just this ordinary, girl next door with a PASSION for music. That's it. I truly don't see the X factor in her, at least not as strong as the greatest pop icons or as fans and the media make her up to be (and how she sells herself too, honestly).
And her last album? I only listened to it once, and didn't really pay attention to the lyrics as a whole, but at first listen it was this stream of consciousness, this word vomit, with no particular care for the MUSICALITY OF WORDS, which is almost half of what a good pop song is about. The voice and the sound of words are the ultimate instrument. But no, all I can hear is this rich white woman reading the notes from her diary. She just happens to have very good musicians in an expensive studio to back her up.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

The ones who post negative stuff online usually has an underlying anger..

They tried therapy. But a lot of it from Being sheltered by the parents and growing up in a world Their parents made. 

The culture shock, and the real world is not like the one mom and dad raised, etc. Starts a major issue that only therapy can help, but then for some.  The damage us done. 

• Love 1

I really don’t get why people think is overrated about her. I’ll say, she doesn’t have an amazing voice, but she’s a great lyricist and produces good music and pop songs. I think a lot of the hate she gets is unnecessary. If anything I think she’ll go down in history for her song writing abilities and some good drama she’s been involved in. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

If she had a nicer or less elitist personality and stop acting like the world is her high school then maybe Id be entirely indifferent to her.

But as it stands, shes one of the biggest bullies in the industry. Shes a snake, shes an elitist, she acts like a spoiled brat, she gets life from suing and dissing and "feuding" with others, everything she does is publicity, for publicity, and on top of all that she and her "artistry" are as basic and boring as it can get without being unsuccessful.

I dont understand this fascination and adoration people have, particularly people in America, for "mean girls" and rude, obnoxious divas. Taylor Swift has added nothing to pop culture except the empowerment of a generation of snobby rich girls who think "winning" in life means making enemies and throwing the "shadiest disses" at them on Twitter. Its ridiculous.

• Love 5
On 7/27/2020 at 12:51 AM, Corso said:

I literally think her songs sound like pages torn from a teenagers diary, which may have worked 10 years ago, but she’s a grown azz woman now. I don’t think her songs are particularly skilful or well written at all.

And her voice is pretty terrible. She’s a better singer than Katy Perry, I’ll grant you, but that isn’t that difficult to be honest.

She’s just so basic on every level.

Pumpkin Spice Video GIF by Starbucks

I cant believe you're talking about Taylor's voice when you stan britney. Britney isn't a great singer and we love her so what's wrong with taylor ?

• Content Curators

Every artist who has achieve great success is arguably overrated. You can say X, Y, Z aren't but a case can certainly be made for any of them.

Taylor is simply not a great singer, but a very strong singer-songwriter. Her lyrics is what saves her from her limited vocal abilities.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Arcticlover said:

I cant believe you're talking about Taylor's voice when you stan britney. Britney isn't a great singer and we love her so what's wrong with taylor ?

I'd say technique and abilities are two different things. You can be a great singer yet not be able to transmit emotion. Whether Britney is a big vocalist or not doesn't really matter because she was never marketed as a vocalist, she was always seen as an entertainer. But i do think Britney has an interesting and unique/distinctive voice tone. You can instantly recognize her voice. Tone and vocal signature is way more important than having a big voice. 

Selena Gomez, in my honest opinion, has a very nice tone that's suitable for pop music. Sure, she can't actually hold a note on key to save her life, but with studio magic, she actually sounds really good. Demi Lovato, on the other hand, is technically miles more proficient as a vocalist but has a grating and loud tone that doesn't really work well on pop music, hence why she's not really as successful.

Same for Rihanna. Her technique is fairly poor but her unique, appealing tone can sell any song and it’s made her the hitmaker of her generation. Most people prefer Rihanna's voice over Beyoncé's. In this day and age, tone is way more important than skill. With technology like melodyne and autotune, it's easier than ever to fix a vocal that doesn't have the most accurate of pitch/length. There's no program to fix an ugly tone. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block